Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 March 2024, 08:47:10 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`m Game, we`ll see who rusts first. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arkham Horror (Files): Elder Sign  (Read 3198 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 25 March 2013, 11:45:39 »

We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.
H.P. Lovecraft, “From Beyond”

It is 1926, and the museum’s extensive collection of exotic curios and occult artifacts poses a threat to the barriers between our world and the elder evils lurking between dimensions. Gates to the beyond begin to leak open, and terrifying creatures of increasing strength steal through them. Animals, the mad, and those of more susceptible minds are driven to desperation by the supernatural forces the portals unleash. Only a handful of investigators race against time to locate the eldritch symbols necessary to seal the portals forever. Only they can stop the Ancient One beyond from finding its way to Earth and reducing humanity to cinders.

Elder Sign is a fast-paced, cooperative dice game of supernatural intrigue for one to eight players by Richard Launius and Kevin Wilson, the designers of Arkham Horror. Players take the roles of investigators racing against time to stave off the imminent return of the Ancient Ones. Armed with cards for tools, allies, and occult knowledge, investigators must put their sanity and stamina to the test as they adventure to locate Elder Signs, the eldritch symbols used to seal away the Ancient Ones and win the game.

Elder Sign includes:
  • 1 Cardboard Clock
  • 8 Customized dice
  • 1 Entrance Reference sheet
  • 80 Oversized cards
  • 76 Small cards
  • 144 Cardboard tokens and markers

Elder Sign - Revised Rules

The copyrightable portions of Elder Sign are © 2011-2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Elder Sign, Arkham Horror and Fantasy Flight Supply are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.
« Last Edit: 07 November 2013, 11:59:28 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2013, 11:51:31 »

You see them? You see them? You see the things that float and flop about you and through you every moment of your life? You see the creatures that form what men call the pure air and the blue sky? Have I not succeeded in breaking down the barrier; have I not shown you worlds that no other living men have seen?
–H.P. Lovecraft, From Beyond

Unseen Forces are at work in the first expansion for Elder Sign, the cooperative dice game for one to eight players set in the world of H.P. Lovecraft’s weird fiction. Mysterious powers subtly grant blessings and level curses at your investigators. Master Mythos cards present horrifying new challenges for veteran players, and Entrance Cards offer players new options and new locations to visit. Two custom dice along with new Ancient Ones, investigators, monsters, and adventures await in Elder Sign: Unseen Forces!

Elder Sign: Unseen Forces includes:
  • Two new custom dice
  • Seventy-six mini cards
  • Sixty-three tarot size cards
  • Forty two tokens
  • One rulebook
« Last Edit: 25 March 2013, 11:54:21 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print