Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 10:32:00 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
No, don`t you understand, this is the first time I`ve actually stood on the surface of another planet ... a whole alien world ... ! Pity it`s such a dump though. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letters Home  (Read 3279 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 15 October 2007, 10:42:06 »

To my darling max,

The Galapagos befell some disaster and we have been marooned in an escape pod on a planet, I have been unable to pinpoint its exact location. So far as I can tell we are somewhere between Sector 49 and Proxima but with the vagaries of Hyperspace we could be anywhere in a large area of space.

We have enough rations for 2 days and we have made a rudimentary camp from where we can explore and forage on this strange world. We will not be missed for 2 days as that was how long we had left to go to complete our trip. We will need to find another means of sustenance if we are to survive until rescue.

I have rigged a communication link from the pod to my hand link so we will be alerted to any response to the emergency beacon.

There is a mixed bunch of survivors with me Chayosherenn (Markab), Kiron (Centauri), Kelvin (Human), Ben (Human),  Nerhaal (Minbari), Markell (Zandarian), Urk?him (Pak?Ma?Ra) and Ned (Human).

My hope is that I will be able to tell all of this to you in person and that I can look back on this as just an experience of the what can happen in space.

But should anything happen to me I hope these letters are found and reach you so that you will know what happened and that I was thinking of you and the kids.

I just want you to know how much I love and miss you all.

Love,
Rachel

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2007, 02:37:01 »

My Darling Max,

We have found another couple of survivors, they arrived on an upturned rescue raft after surviving at sea. They had another spare flare which was good luck for us. They seem friendly and we have invited them into our camp to get warm and nourished after their ordeal. We are still trying to get off this beach and further inland but the cliff is proving difficult to scale as it is so shear a climb.

After greeting our new guests we discovered their raft in the morning had been deliberately sabotaged the bottom was cut and the navicomp smashes beyond repair. I now fear for our little group as this could mean that one of us has done this as we have seen little sign of anyone else here. I hope I am wrong as this would mean someone does not want us to be rescued or have means to leave the beach.

There were tremors today and the pod has started sinking into the sand, but we did manage to get aboard to retrieve a partial message none of us can make any sense of it yet maybe with a little luck it is someone coming to rescue us from here.

The tremors are getting worse but it has caused a callapse of the cliff face, it may now be claimable, it won't be easy but it will mean we can finally leave the beach and head inland where we might find a source of clean drinking water and food. We are planning on climbing today to see what is up there and everyone remains hopeful so far.

I will write you again once we have reached the summit and found out what there is to discover.

My thoughts are with you all always and the hope of seeing you all again soon is what keeps me going and sane.
I love you all with all my heart and I will hug you all when I see you again.

Love
Rachel
xxx
« Last Edit: 22 January 2008, 00:14:16 by zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: