Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 April 2024, 06:31:17 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
The Dew has clearly fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning. - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SG: We Are Moving!  (Read 5169 times)
Spirit Games
Burton Delvers
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Spirit Games

« on: 06 April 2013, 21:00:18 »

In the next week we will be moving from Station Street where we have been trading for nearly 25 years, to 102 High Street. The new premises has a larger front sales area which will means we can lay out the stock better, there will be a room for the roleplaying books, and also the wargames section will be bigger - no more Black Hole of Calcutta for the historical customers! Parking nearby is very good, especially at the weekend, regulars will soon find the free spaces.

And now the important bit - we will be a stones throw away from the Burton Bridge Brewery.

The exact date of completing the move will be subject to the vagaries of British Telecom, but come what may, we will be there by Tuesday 16th April. Call diversion and modern technology will keep the phones working one way or another and the web site should be unaffected.

Apologies for the lack of notice, it was less than a month ago that we learned that there would be problems renewing the lease. At the new place we will be secure for years to come.

« Last Edit: 06 April 2013, 22:32:12 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Spirit Games (Est. 1984)-Supplying role playing games (RPG), wargames rules, miniatures, scenery, board and card games for the last 36 years For enquiries ring 01283 511293 or email salnphil@spiritgames.co.uk, or by arrangement at Units 267+268,B.E. Webbe Storage,Wharf Rd, Burton, DE14 1PZ
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2013, 23:23:26 »

This is a very interesting development which I can now admit to knowing about having done a fair bit of work on the move. I have lots of pictures of the process which I will post on Friends of Spirit Games on Facebook & here soon

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2013, 12:32:54 »

Cant wait, i love photos of abandoned buildings. - Seeing as how they abandoned it (+ their landlord) and all.  thumbs up

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2013, 11:08:21 »

Latest update on the move is as follows:

"We MAY be there by Tuesday 16th April, but the first weekend in May is looking more likely. Until then we will be trading relatively normally from our old address, the miniatures ranges are somewhat reduced but board games and roleplaying games will be here till the end of the final Saturday. At that point, any offers of help with moving it all will be gratefully accepted."

- Phil #spiritgames

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2013, 15:22:40 »

its now almost certainly the first week end in may unless the land lords at the old shop cut up rough which I expect them to & Phil doesn't.

There is however a lot of preparatory work to do any way & as much assistance as possible is still required.... Moving a shop is like moving a house to another order of magnitude....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2013, 05:33:22 »

The Move is Next Saturday & all volunteers are welcome doing the last dismantling & moving on Saturday night & Sunday. Thought there will still be painting to be done at the old shop before the key's get handed back as well as unpacking and sorting at the new shop.

EvilGinger

Spirit Games
Burton Delvers
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Spirit Games

« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2013, 23:00:04 »

We have moved!

We are now at:

102 High Street,
Burton on Trent,
DE14 1LJ

« Last Edit: 09 May 2013, 01:09:17 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Spirit Games (Est. 1984)-Supplying role playing games (RPG), wargames rules, miniatures, scenery, board and card games for the last 36 years For enquiries ring 01283 511293 or email salnphil@spiritgames.co.uk, or by arrangement at Units 267+268,B.E. Webbe Storage,Wharf Rd, Burton, DE14 1PZ
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2013, 22:18:49 »

Indeed & I would like to thank all the people who mucked in & helped it would have been impossible without you. The new place is now coming together nicely & looks to be an even better place all round.

EvilGinger

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: