Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 04:52:55 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Space cookies! Hand me the rap-rod, plate captain. - Zaphod
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Heresy  (Read 3359 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 28 June 2009, 13:00:32 »

What is Dark Heresy?

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!
« Last Edit: 28 June 2009, 13:02:49 by zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2009, 15:04:36 »

to add a bit more detail

Dark Heresy published by fantasy flight under Licence from GW

The basic mechanics are the same as that used for the second edition of Warhammer fantasy role play and based on a percentile dice roll with d6 and 10d roll being used on some specific occasions mostly Psychic feats and combat dammage.

character generation can be totally random with background and origin rollable should the GM or players so wish.

the main difference between this game and WHFRP is the career development with there being a more limited selection of basic careers ( almost classes) from which it is only possible to develop along a limited tree. Initially this was only six spread accross the architypes of the background however supplements have added several more. The game is humanocentric as might be expected from the 40K background and there are no stats for any of the alien races exept as monsters yet.

for those interested and avalible on one sunday a month please not that there are three places left in my game FIVE GO TO THE STARPORT

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: