Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 April 2024, 01:57:50 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Zaphod, can we stabilise at X zero zero 547 by splitting our flight path tangentally across the summit vector of 9GX78 with a five degree inertial correction? - Trillian
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOON: Beach Nuts, or, No Sense Atoll  (Read 3574 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 26 October 2007, 08:49:45 »

Starring:
Andy as Sam Shouvle
Carole as Taz
Dave as Gorf the HypnoToad
Jim as ........
Simon as Scrawny Sid

« Last Edit: 28 October 2007, 00:14:08 by zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2007, 23:52:22 »

Our intrepid characters start the show by boarding the "SS Titanic" for a treasure hunt.
During their Journey the ship encounters problems and they become shipwrecked on one of two islands. Amongst the flotsam and jetsam from the ship they discover the ship nameplate someone had repainted to the "SS Dave".

Scrawny Sid decides to climb a palm tree and collect a coconut but fails, Taz decides to help by shaking the tree. This results in a shower of coconuts which hits some of the characters on their heads. After looking around a bit Scrawny Sid noticed a bottle with a map inside which he succeeded in picking up whilst holding an armful of coconuts, flushed with success he then tries to open the bottle as well  before dropping it and the coconuts on the floor smashing the bottle. Inside the bottle was a map which, after a lot of head scratching and passing to everyone to look was found to read "Acme Treasure Map". Also on the map was a large "X" next to which was the words "You Ticket Home". The X they discover is marked on the other island so now they have to cross a 30ft channel between the islands. The more observant characters see that there is a shark in the channel patrolling the waters.

Sam decides to try and pull a banana boat out of his Trench Coat of Many Things and pulls out a croquet set instead. Then Sid decides to pull something out of his pocket of may things but gets a mallet. Sam tries again and this time pulls out a Moose, Sid tries again and pulls out a helium balloon capable of lifting himself up.  (Jim) decides to build a catapult from his rubber bands and tests it using the moose who he successfully launches over to the other island. Meanwhile, Sid has pulled out a Helium balloon and a fan used to propel himself across, unfortunately he lost his way flying all around the channel. (jim) then launches Sam over who lands on the moose, followed by Gorf who also manages to land on the moose. Taz is then catapulted across then (jim) fails to realise he can't use the catapult alone so walks backwards and launches himself over to the island.

Sid still trying to find his way ends up flying towards the island and decides flying is not a good way to go so drops to the channel and tries to make a break for it. A fight ensues with the shark and (jim) after failing to realise he can not breathe under water strolls out under the channel and starts shooting the shark making it fall down. Meanwhile with the shark distracted Sid swims like mad for the shore.

Once all the characters make it to the shore and start looking around they notice a Native hip deep in water trying (unsuccessfully) to spear a fish. Upon spying the characters he leaps out of the water and makes directly for the largest one shouting "Ooga Booga . . . Turkeys!!".
More odd objects were pulled out of pockets and coats.... Sam managed to switch the spear head to the other end without the native noticing.
Then they managed to fast talk him into thinking that something they pulled out was a turkey and whilst he was distracted they made a break for the jungle. Sid decided to hide by borrowing through the sand to the jungle, whilst he thought he had succeeded everyone else saw him stick his head in the sand and make a large trough in it as he pushed his way to the Jungle. Following the trough made by Sid the others made a run for the jungle but first one character fell over in the trough and then another fell over the first. but eventually both managed to make it to the jungle.

Having made it to the jungle, Sam managed to pull out a machete and start hacking his way through. As they made there way through the jungle they came across a Cartoonivorous Plant that tried to attack the party. During the fight (Jim) glued its jaws together, after which it managed to headbutt Gorf. A Rhinoceros was pulled out by one of the characters, which managed to run off in the direction they will need to go cutting a path through the jungle. In the end the characters managed to make the plant fall down.

Following the path made by the Rhino they stumble across a pit Trap (Jim) & Taz fall down and discover a Tiger at the bottom. In Trying to take down the Tiger Taz spent a long time holding its tail and failing to swing it around the pit. (jim) managed to recreate the glue trick and stuck the Tigers jaw together. Gorf kept trying to use some vines to form a rope but kept dropping them into the pit.  Jim & Taz both tried to Teleport out of the pit and failed, Taz ending up on the Tigers Back. Taz then managed to Teleport into a tree overhanging the pit albeit upside down, Gorf finally manages to drop a vine down but then fails to hold on to it as (Jim) tries to climb out.  (Jim) teleports out of the pit to the same tree and the party moves on.

Sid takes to leaping from tree to tree whilst the rest carry on on foot now having to cut through again as the Rhino has changed direction.
As they near the edge of the jungle some of the characters spot a noose trap, Sam tries to disarm the noose trap but fails and gets trapped in the noose by his hands. After some struggle they manage to free him from the trap just as our Native returns. He still thinks the party are turkeys and attempts to try and attack them again. A portable hole is pulled from Sam's trenchcoat but ended up being thrown under one of the party who falls into it. He is eventually rescued, meanwhile a rubber turkey is pulled out and with a bit of fast talk the native is persuaded this is a real one and it is chucked down the hole closely followed by the native. The hole is then picked up and placed back in the Trenchcoat.

On the final leg of the journey to the 'X' they get pelted by a monkey chucking coconuts. Chasing him off he throws one final coconut that splits open revealing a black object with a spluttering fuse. As no-one manages to recognise it as a dangerous thing it explodes damaging all the party.

Finally they find the big 'X' on the ground and start digging, they find a large chest which contained a plaque which read "Ace Novelty Company", a squirting flower, a buzzer ring, a whoopee cushion, lots and lots of balloons and lots of fireworks.

After lots of discussion amongst the players, they rigged up the balloons on the chest, tied the whoopee cushion on the side as a backup raft, some fireworks on the side as propulsion.

Finally they make it back to Anytown.

[ps as I was laughing so much I may have missed some of the funny moments or got some of details incorrect. If I have please let me know and I will correct the details. Thanks again for the funniest night of roleplaying I have ever had!!!]
« Last Edit: 28 October 2007, 00:12:36 by zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: