Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
18 April 2024, 08:32:15 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Oh er.... THAT party. - Zaphod
Linked Events
  • 25th Beer & Pretzels Games Weekend: 17 May 2014 - 18 May 2014
  • Signed up (1/500):
    # Name
    1.Zarniwoop

Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 25th Beer & Pretzels Games Weekend  (Read 4307 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 08 July 2013, 14:02:57 »

The 25th Beer & Pretzels Games Weekend
17-18th May 2014

at the Town Hall, Burton on Trent

With our usual mix of board, card, roleplaying and miniatures games with good food & beer, in a splendid venue.

Open 10.00 - 10.00 on Saturday

10.00 - 7.00 on Sunday

Tickets cost £5 per day/£9 for both in advance, or £6/£10 on the door.

available on the door or in advance from Spirit Games Tel. 01283 511293.

There is ample free parking, and the railway station is 2 minutes walk away.

The essential features are:
Guaranteed playing space
Free board games library - plus plenty of people bringing their favourite games
Participation miniatures wargames
Organised role-playing sessions
Disorganised role-playing sessions
Good beer
Hot and cold food

Newcomers - don't be slow in asking for assistance. If you are at a loose end or unsure of what the set-up is, anyone near the ticket/help desk will be happy to help.

Read about the 2013 Event

If you plan on running any Specifc BoardGames or RPG's then please post details in the Beer and Pretzels area so space and players can be organised.

Contact Details
salnphil@spiritgames.com

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Spirit Games
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Spirit Games

« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2014, 14:40:14 »

25th Beer & Pretzels Games Weekend
17/18th May 2014
at
Burton Town Hall

The usual good food and beer, plentiful free parking, and 2 minutes walk from the station. Free board games library, miniatures game, ccgs and RPGs.

Tickets and parking permits in advance:
Weekend Ticket £9
Saturday Tickets £5
Sunday Tickets £5

On the door:
Weekend Ticket £10
Day Tickets £6

Beer & Pretzels is the games weekend which we have run for the past 25 years, it is almost entirely about playing games - board games, card games, role-playing games and miniatures games, although there is also a Bring and Buy, (profits in aid of the RNLI), and the occasional small manufacturer demonstrating a new game may have stock to sell. Playing space is guaranteed, there are several hundred games available to borrow from the free Games library, many people bring their own favourites and make good use of the Players Wanted signs handed out as required, and there are participation wargames too.

Opening times are 10.00am - 10.00pm Saturday and 10.00am - 7.00pm Sunday, with hot and cold food and drink, including, of course, good beer, available on site. The railway station is two minutes walk away, and there is ample free parking, but it is ESSENTIAL to collect a free parking permit from the Help Desk before using the Town Hall car park. There are lots of good pubs and restaurants nearby, and several B&B's within reasonable staggering distance.

A picture speaks a thousand words, so have a look at previous years at the bottom of this message - you'll get the idea. And for updates on how this year's is developing read on.

B&P 25 is starting to take shape, the beer is once again Doom Bar and Worthington Red Shield, and we will be keeping a careful eye on the bar provider to ensure that reserves are brought in BEFORE it runs out. We have been stockpiling pretzels for the usual free hand-out.

But arguably the games are as important as the beer! John Martin's annual participation game is the Charge of the Light Brigade on Saturday, with Lord of the Rings expected on Sunday. The Cannock Club are planning D&D3.5/Pathfinder and Barbarians of Lemura, there will also be a European Regional Highlander CCG tournament if there is sufficient interest, with a rejuvenated L5R CCG expected to feature too. More news to follow...

Beer & Pretzels 2014
Autumn Mini B&P 2013
Beer & Pretzels 2013
Autumn B&P - the free expansion
Autumn B&P 2012
Beer & Pretzels 2012
Beer & Pretzels 2011
Beer & Pretzels 2010
Beer & Pretzels Map

Spirit Games (Est. 1984)-Supplying role playing games (RPG), wargames rules, miniatures, scenery, board and card games for the last 36 years For enquiries ring 01283 511293 or email salnphil@spiritgames.co.uk, or by arrangement at Units 267+268,B.E. Webbe Storage,Wharf Rd, Burton, DE14 1PZ
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2014, 07:09:23 »

I am again liley not to be about for this one as I have a lot of stuff to do I will try for the Sunday but I am not going to sear to that.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Bruce
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2014, 09:51:57 »

I have the Sunday booked off and I'm all set to run some old school D&D and maybe a DCC funnel. 

Hope to catch up with some old faces too!

Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: