Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 April 2024, 05:54:23 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Ah , this is obviously some strange usage of the word `safe` that i wasn`t previously aware of. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SG: New Roleplaying Games at Spirit Games  (Read 2408 times)
Spirit Games
Burton Delvers
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Spirit Games

« on: 25 July 2013, 02:30:04 »

Spirit Games Website Whats New for RPG
Overview   :   Spirit Games, supplying gamers with board games, card games, roleplaying games, d20, wargames and miniatures, for 20 years.
Website   :   http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/disp.php?menu=1&sub=n

Fate Core System
Direct link   :   http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=1&sub=n&game=7015

Characters Live At The Core Of Fate

A High Priestess of the barbarian hordes, an undead Wild West gunslinger, and a Second Lieutenant of the Intergalactic Security Forces are about as different as they come, but they've got one thing in common: they need a strong engine to drive their stories. Fate Core is that engine.

Fate Core is the latest evolution of the award-winning Fate roleplaying game system from Evil Hat Productions. We've streamlined and clarified the rules while maintaining the system's trademark flexibility. Name your game; Fate Core can make it happen.

Inside, you'll discover:

Easy-to-follow rules for charafter and world creation
Rock-solid storytelling advice for players and GMs to produce the best play experience.
Clearly-defined systems to guide players both new and old.
New and improved approaches to character actions, aspects, compels... and more!
Tell your Tale. Roll the Dice. Embrace Your Fate!

Fate Accelerated
Direct link   :   http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=1&sub=n&game=7016

Your Story
Full Speed Ahead!

With only a few minutes of prep, you could be exploring the universe with your favourite sci-fi characters, fighting the forces of evil with a party of talking chimps, or setting up shop as a modern day sorceress specializing in love potions. Maybe you're looking for the ideal pickup roleplaying game. Or you're a first-time gamer looking to try something new without investing hours of your time. Regardless, Fate Accelerated Edition will bring something special to your table.

Fate Accelerated, or FAE, is a condensed version of the popular Fate Core reolplaying game that brings all the flexibility an power of Fate in a shorter format. Inside, you'll find a method for making fast, fun characters and simple systems to support whatever story you can dream up on the fly. With FAE, you can be playing in minutes.

Don't Lose Your Mind
Direct link   :   http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=1&sub=n&game=7017

A headtrip for Don't Rest Your Head.

A Penny for My Thoughts
Direct link   :   http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=1&sub=n&game=7018

Two women and a man, all dressed in white jumpsuits, sit around a table with a bowl of pennies in its centre. Each of them has a small stack of pennies and a printed form. In front of the older woman sits a scrap of paper with the words "a taffy stretching machine" written on it.

"… and my father looked down at me and said, 'If you don't want to ride the roller coaster, you don’t have to. You can wait here in the candy shop while your brother and I go,'" says the older woman. "I was scared." As she speaks, the remembered terror creeps into her voice.

Her expression suddenly goes blank. She turns to the man. "What did I do or say then?" she asks, offering him the single penny in front of her.

The man considers for a moment, his brow furrowed. Staring at her, he replies, "You said, 'No, I want to come with you.'"

She turns to the younger woman. "Or was it…" she begins, offering the same penny.

"You stayed there in the candy shop, chewing your taffy," the other woman says.

She pauses before speaking again. "Yes, I remember now. I said, 'No, I want to come with you.'" She hands her penny to the man. "And I had a fantastic time. It was so thrilling, so wonderful. That's when I knew what I wanted to do with my life. And that is what I remember."

She smiles as she writes on her sheet of paper, "When I think of taffy stretching machines, I remember how I discovered what I wanted to do with my life. I'd never felt such a sense of purpose before." After she finishes, she takes a penny from the bowl.

"A penny for my thoughts," she says.

Have you lost your memory? The Orphic Institute for Advanced Studies can help, with its revolutionary Mnemosyne treatment process. By ordering this useful treatment guide, you can learn how to get your memory - and your life - back. Order today.

Spirit of the Season
Direct link   :   http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=1&sub=n&game=7019

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year... for Evil!

The miserly villain Doctor Scrooge hides behind legal technicalities as he steals from the pockets of the impoverished... explorer-gone-mad Jaques Frost preys upon the peoples of the north with his resurrected Prehistoric murder monsters... the immortal Baroness Blackheart quests for the Elixir of Life, threatening to destroy all foundations of happiness for mankind...

...and it's up to Nick Saint - Codename: Secret Santa! - the Reindeer Men, their Chanukah allies, and you to save the holidays from their vile clutches!

Spirit of the Season is a holiday treat from the minds of and atomic Sock Monkey Press. Featuring characters and new rules compatible wth both Spirit of the Century and Truth & Justice, Spirit of the Season is your ticket to two-fisted holiday pulp adventure.

Shadows Over Vathak
Direct link   :   http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=1&sub=n&game=7020

Can you Survive the Shadows Over Vathak?

They worshipped, so they said, the Great Old Ones who lived ages before there were any men, and who came to the young world out of the sky.

Vathak is a land of harsh terrain and frigid weather. Plague and disease have swept the land, turning cities to cemeteries. The Vampire Lords are fighting for power and survival. The vindari killed most of your family as their genocidal plans spread across nations. Bhriota cultist kidnapped, tortured, and ate the first girl you ever loved.

This is Vathak, before the Old Ones awakened...

Shadows over Vathak is a dark fantasy, survival horror campaign setting for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Combining elements of gothic horror and Lovecratian mythos, Shadows Over Vathak introduces a world of hardship and strife on the verge of a great war with other-worldly horrors.

The Shadows over Vathak Setting Book includes:

Complete rules for the 6 dominant races of Vathak, including their ecologies, alternative racial traits and favoured class rewards. These core races are; Bhriota, Cambion, Dhampir, Romni, Svirfneblin, an the Vindari.
5 new classes like the Apostle, Blade Slinger, Eldritch Conjurer, Rifleer and Sword Dancer! And over 20 new archetypes for all your favourite core and base classes!
Over 50 new Feats and Spells for even more character options and horrific flavour.
Firearms, sacrificial kits, mummified armour, war machines, and magic items to discover on your path to adventue and quest to destroy the Old Ones!
Details on all the regions of the lands of Vathak, including strange locations, mysterious cities and the characters that inhabit them.
Game Mastering section giving you new and streamlined rules for diseases, weather, sanity, how to build a city of Vathak, and an easy adventure generator!
Horrific creatures to plague your players, including the Spawn of the Old Ones and Yshugua Titan. And a variety of creature templates to create your own unspeakable monstrosities!

The Book of Fire
Direct link   :   http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=1&sub=n&game=7021

"The essence of Fire is the way of passion and destruction, of creation and death. It is oneness with the driving impulses of the innermost spirit and the sheer, raging intensity of the wildfire that scours the plains."
-Tao of Shinsei

Fire is the fiercest and most destructive of the five elements, the burning passion that drives men both to war and to create in equal measure. The searing influence of the flames can push mortals to pen the most beautiful of poems or perform the most impassioned dances, to sing the most mournful of all song, or to paint the most resonating images one's eye has ever beheld. Likewise, fire can push a man to anger, to wrath and ruin, to destruction and death. No war has ever been fought that was not driven by the burning inside one man's soul.

The Book of Fire is the third in a series of elemental sourcebooks for the Legend of the Five Rings. The Book of Fire explores the many aspects of samurai culture that centre upon the tempestuous Fire Ring and its aspects. From the silent intensity of the poet to the blazing chaos of the field of battle, every aspect of the fearsome essence of Fire will be examined. In this book you will find:

An extensive examination on the Emerald Empire's emphasis on the art of Kenjutsu, the way of the sword, and its many aspects including how thousands of samurai across the land are trained in its intricacies each and every year.
A detailed discussion of the most sacred of all crafting arts swordsmithing.
The power of Fire magic in its many aspects, from sheer destruction to repair inspiration, and enhancement.
New Fire-centred Kiho and new monastic orders associated with Fire.
The Hundred Stances Dojo, a new and detailed Fire-themed campaign setting that can be inserted into any L5R game.
And much more!

Dungeon Crawl Classics 77: The Croaking Fane
Direct link   :   http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=1&sub=n&game=7022

For as long as men remember, the Lord of Evil Amphibians carried out unspeakable rites in his squatting temples situated far from civilization. Tales of human sacrifice, squirming servants, and rich but loathsome treasures were whispered of his followers. Now, unexpectedly, his servants have seemingly vanished, leaving behind their fanes to molder in the marches. A brave band of adventurers gathers to explore one such tabernacle, eager to discover what riches - and terrors - the Lord of Evil Amphibians has left behind...
« Last Edit: 26 July 2013, 00:39:40 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Spirit Games (Est. 1984)-Supplying role playing games (RPG), wargames rules, miniatures, scenery, board and card games for the last 36 years For enquiries ring 01283 511293 or email salnphil@spiritgames.co.uk, or by arrangement at Units 267+268,B.E. Webbe Storage,Wharf Rd, Burton, DE14 1PZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: