Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
16 April 2024, 12:56:05 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Mr Beeblebrox sir, you`re so weird you should be in pictures. - Receptionist at the Guide offices
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiki's Planar Sandbox  (Read 22099 times)
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #30 on: 17 October 2009, 00:47:50 »

Bracers of Infinite Blades Level 11+
With these metal guards, you have an arsenal at your disposal
at all times.
Lvl 11 9,000 gp Lvl 16 45,000 gp
Item Slot: Arms
Property: You can draw a +2 dagger from these bracers as
though drawing it from a sheath. A drawn dagger disappears
at the end of your turn. These bracers can also be
crafted to supply other light thrown weapons, such as
shuriken.
Level 16: +4 dagger.

So, while I find these bracers really really cool, you're saying that I could be just as better off having lots and lots of mundane weapons scattered around my person at all times and using them, rather than wasting money/item slots on these?

I think I sort of understand ki focus. I have a magical supply of energy within me that I can use to enchant any weapon I pick up and use. I can do this every round and treat the weapon I imbue with ki energy as a magical weapon in that regard? But I can't use the ki energy and the weapons own magical properties at the same time.

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #31 on: 17 October 2009, 01:47:44 »

They are very nice bracers indeed. Pretty much gold-dust to a Knife-throwing rogue. To an assassin, there is a decision to be made.

Yes, you've pretty much got it. At the moment, however, beyond the enhancement bonus, you won't be getting anything else on your weapon attacks via Ki, because there are no special Ki enchantments yet. So only ever +1d6 on a crit, no properties or etc.
It can be an option to keep a magic item or etc instead.

You could, as an option, focus on the bracers as your main item and main weapon. In that case, I'd recommend picking up a lower level version of your Ki focus, just for those 'in case' kind of situations. A level 1 magic item, for example, really doesn't cost much at all by this level. Smiley
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #32 on: 17 October 2009, 02:05:16 »

Ok, right, so if I have a magical weapon +3 for example, and I used ki focus with it on an attack, I would ignore the special particulars of it (what it does on a critical, it's property for example) and only gain the +1d6 on a critical hit. Would I get to use the +3 to hit bonus with the ki focus as well?

I'm actually making the character now, and ostensibly taking certain feats. I would like to know at some point how many feat slots you want me to save for racial feats. At the moment I have 2 assassin feats, and a multiclass feat. Thats 3 out of 7. I'd like to take Quick Draw, possibly Linguist and Perception or Thievery training. But I need to know. Sad

BTW, I've found a multiclass feat in Arcane Power which saves me a feat (namely Ritual Caster) and gives me training in Arcana and the wizards Ritual Caster class feature

LEARNED SPELLCASTER
[MULTICLASS WIZARD]
Prerequisite: Int 13, Wis 13
Benefit: You gain training in the Arcana skill, the Nature skill, or the Religion skill.
You gain the wizard 's Ritual Casting class feature.

Would you say that, as it gives me the ritual caster class feature, and not just the ritual caster feat, that it gives me the wizards spellbook and base amount of rituals learned at 1st, 5th and 11th level?

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #33 on: 17 October 2009, 03:07:45 »

The Ki focus is basically a weapon in and of itself. If you had a +2 ki focus and a +3 greatsword with the vanguard property, you would have a choice of which to use on any given attack. If you used the Ki focus with the sword, it would count as a +2, and have no other properties besides doing +2d6 on a crit.
If you used the swords enchantment, you would instead have the full +3 and all of the properties as normal.

As to other questions, well. Smiley
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #34 on: 18 October 2009, 01:25:00 »

NOTE - All of you are level 11, which means quite simply, you are very powerful people. You are, quite literally, on the cusp of becoming living legends, perhaps.

If and when any of you have any ideas reguarding background, feel free to pm them to me. You never know, it might get worked in, or you may even get freebies.
Tombwalker
Burton Delvers
Aware

« Reply #35 on: 18 October 2009, 11:19:53 »

Will need to read up on some background info for shadar kai before that. 

Death is the only certanty in life,
how you get there and how much fun you have on the way
is only limited by your own imagination.
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #36 on: 21 October 2009, 19:00:16 »

Just an official note - Forum subsection formerly for KOTS is now for the Multiverse which the world I set that on exists in;
A Thousand Shattered Mirrors
The 'Planar Sandbox' first session, to be for the benefit of the three volunteers and a prelude to the real start, will be found here;
Integrity - Prelude
Date to be decided and confirmed.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #37 on: 22 October 2009, 00:29:39 »

Aha, I see. So further posts will have to be made there and we must abandon this thread then? I'm still waiting on random paragon path stuff, but I'll complete my character some time and make an official post of my character essay-errr...backstory.

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #38 on: 22 October 2009, 01:10:04 »

Nah, thread may live. Just making sure people know where to look for any official skinny.

If you want to start further discussions specifically relating to the setting you can if you like post them in the subforum, of course, but that's your call on where you believe would be most appropriate for the topic. Smiley
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #39 on: 22 October 2009, 01:48:09 »

For the moment, I'm still trying to figure out what her extra languages should be. Sad

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #40 on: 22 October 2009, 04:35:14 »

So, scribbling up some ideas. Places you could end up, factions related to said planes, etc.
Some of this stuff really excites me. This could, I think, be very cool.

I'm officially starting to be as excited as I am intimidated, I think. Smiley
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #41 on: 22 October 2009, 14:45:12 »

Oh good, hehe. Wouldnt want you to JUST be intimidated. Hell no!

But seriously, glad you're also getting into this Smiley

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #42 on: 25 October 2009, 16:18:58 »

Ok you have got to me

I give in I have just downloaded Insider and will subscribe to it just as soon as my pc will remain connected long enough to put in my card details.

I have decided on a Character a Female dwarf Sorcerer from the High Matriarchate of Zvgvynr  Lady of the amethyst citadel, slayer of armies, defender of the true....

See you an on

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #43 on: 25 October 2009, 16:21:51 »

Just to clarify; There's a game I'm planning sandbox style, to take place on Wednesdays at Spirit Games. There's also a seperate play-by-post game, (theoretically same multiverse and general timescale) but that will be more-or-less just a simple knock-around dungeon affair.

If there's any confusion, you wouldn't be the first...
That said, you're welcome to join either.
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #44 on: 25 October 2009, 18:40:08 »

Cussing Cussing Cussing Cussing Cussing

Embarrassed I do feel a bit foolish  Embarrassed

ok then as I cant make it to spirit games having no car and am working nights from 9pm on every wednesday  Angryfire  it will have to be the online game could you PM me with details

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: