Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 07:17:46 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I can see this relationship is something we`re all going to have to work at. - Eddy, The Ships Computer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAME AREA Passengers ward room Emperors Frigate SON OF THUNDER  (Read 6709 times)
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« on: 02 October 2009, 03:15:21 »

Now open

After a rough ride to the frigate in the captains Aquillia lander you met by a rating whse uniform insignia sugests that he is one of the officers stewards a nervous young man with the pallor of a void born, he dosent introduce himself but welcomes you to the ship in the name of the the Emperor and passes on the captains regret that no officer was available to meet you.

You are hurried from the frigates cavernous landing bays past the line of dread claw boarding shuttles through the ancient but well kept corridors of the Son of Thunder past hordes of ratting s and the occasional servitor. Past the honour guard and into  into officers country. Then finally into a small suite of rooms surrounding a conman room.

The Ward Room

The room is small containing a a large exotic wooden dinning table with seats for eight which fills up most of the space available. The walls are decorated with the words of saints on framed illuminated parchments and an Icon of an unknown ?saint kneeling at the feet of the Emperor who stands in highly decorated power armour. It is  very old and some what worn but seemingly cast from ceremite or something similar.

The accommodation rooms eight of them are clustered around the ward room. They are tinny, but with good quality if spartan furnishings a narrow bed and a built in locker the only decoration on the wall is a hand painted icon of a different saint in each of the eight rooms.  A ninth room leading off the Ward room is a combined heads and water shower.

There is a call bell in the ward room proper and in each of the bed rooms which the steward informs you will call him or one of his colleagues at any time.

Over to you
« Last Edit: 15 October 2009, 16:51:13 by Hard Rain » Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2009, 16:50:12 »

The steward turns and leaves bowing politely to each of you as all of you are his superiors

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2009, 01:20:49 »

Mordecai goes and dumps his haver sack in on of the little cabins and the returns to the ward room and sits down. He stretches and yawns a little before speaking.

" ok lads what do we do when we get there?"

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
NewtonPulsifer
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #3 on: 05 November 2009, 19:11:51 »

Ynes claims the cabin of Saint Sarque, patron of auspicious ceremonies, figuring it can't hurt after her briefing debacle.

"Sir, I suggest we go in heavy with a squad of Naval troopers, with the rest of the platoon parked in the loading bay.  Make a statement, and some noise." Ynes suggests. "..but then etiquette isn't my strongest area of expertise?"  She extends her index finger dataprobe and inserts it into the cheap briefing dataslate.

"I guess that might unduly embarrass the Priest if this turns out to be nothing." She frowns, frustrated.  She disconnects her finger, but leaves the probe extended, and begins absent-mindedly nibbling on it.

Ynes mumbles something, the dataprobe in her mouth making it unintelligble.  She quickly pulls the dataprobe from her mouth and retracts it. "Sir, there might be some crew here from my hulk.  There were over twenty thousand of us - we're spread all over the navy now. Maybe they remember something useful from the last time the Son of Thunder was in our target system?"

"Oh, also permission to send the messages through the ship's Astropath choir, sir?"
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 05 November 2009, 21:07:28 »

OOC welcome back Newton

Mordecai thinks for a moment

"Ok if you can find some of your old crew mates then by all means talk to them as we need as much intelligence as we can get "

he then adds "briefly satisfying as storming in and throwing ones weight around can be it helps to locate your target first and softly softly always works better for reconnaissance work. The last thing we need is to stir up resistance unnecessarily.

He thinks again

"what do you want to use the astropatic Choir for?"

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2009, 07:24:53 »

a cracking vox announcement indicates to the passengers that the ship is getting under way

NewtonPulsifer
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2009, 21:47:53 »

OOC welcome back Newton
"what do you want to use the astropatic Choir for?"

"To operate outside of the Ordo's resources - just in case this rogue trader dynasty has friends in the Inquisition.  I picked out a few newer Arbites files from the Administratum records; we could ask for them by name specifically to investigate for us.  Schola Progenium and fresh - so very unlikely to be crooked. Also, the astropathic message would be sent back here, so the unknown Astropath the Arbite uses on their end is the the only weak link." Ynes explains. "We can instruct them to use Navy Astropaths rather than Inquisition or Arbite specific resources, to mitigate that possibility?"
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2009, 07:50:36 »

" I see, that sounds like a plan which might work though it concerns me that you think House D'vion might have agents within the Inquisition. If they do it would explain their ability to act with such impunity and resist Inquisitorial examination so adeptly. Use the Navy's Astropaths because even if they are compromised on Dawn I dont think they would be able to get a message to our enemy any faster than to us" 

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2009, 07:19:53 »

there is a hiss & intermittent pop  over the Vox  as if some one has failed to perform the rite of closure after the last announcement

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: