Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 23:15:06 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Arthur Philip Dent? You`re a jerk, a complete asshole. - Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wandering Fortress; Character Thread  (Read 11738 times)
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Psychotic

« on: 05 October 2009, 23:55:07 »

Any character to be considered for the PbP I'm supposedly running should be posted in this thread. If you have some crazy secrets and skullduggery idea, PM them to me instead and post an abreviated about here.

Example Character Follows! (note - Example character is now a full level 11 build. Equipment is generous in number, but largely low in level. Probably works out fair by cash, but for your own characters feel free to add it up to make sure  Wink )

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Tursten Hellbach, level 11
Human, Druid|Ranger, Blood Moon Stalker
Hybrid Druid: Hybrid Druid Reflex
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude
Hybrid Talent: Ranger Fighting Style
Ranger Fighting Style: Beast Mastery (Hybrid)
Beast Companion Type: Wolf
Background: Silent Hunter (Silent Hunter Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 14, Dex 18, Int 9, Wis 22, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 15, Int 8, Wis 17, Cha 10.

AC: 24 Fort: 21 Reflex: 23 Will: 24
HP: 86 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +9, Perception +17, Stealth +18, Insight +16, Nature +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +8, Arcana +4, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +11, Endurance +6, Heal +11, History +4, Intimidate +5, Religion +4, Streetwise +5, Thievery +8

FEATS
Human: Alertness (retrained to Hunting Wolf Form at Level 11)
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Beast Protector
Level 4: Camouflage
Level 6: Toughness
Level 8: Secure Encampment
Level 10: Human Beast Mastery
Level 11: Secret Stride

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Pounce
Hybrid Druid at-will 1: Savage Rend
Hybrid Ranger at-will 1: Predator Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Darting Bite
Hybrid daily 1: Partnered Savaging
Hybrid utility 2: Pack Alertness
Hybrid encounter 3: Fox's Cunning
Hybrid daily 5: Roar of Terror
Hybrid utility 6: Stalker's Eyes
Hybrid encounter 7: Feast of Fury
Hybrid daily 9: Menacing Cry
Hybrid utility 10: Quick Recovery

ITEMS
Companion's Defender (heroic tier), Longsword, Hand Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts (20), Adventurer's Kit, Shadow Hunter Hide Hide Armor +2, Death Fang Totem +2, Badge of the Berserker +2, Cat's-Eye Headband (heroic tier), Claw Gloves (heroic tier), Shadowdancer's Boots (paragon tier), Executioner's Bracers (heroic tier)
RITUALS
Raise Beast Companion
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

(Build Status - Character Builder 'Legal')

Concept - 'Two Wolves'. The character has been driven mad (possibly by the loss of a loved one). He has taken refuge in the form of a wolf, and has bonded with a lonely female wolf. They are now a mated pair, and will fight alongside each other to the death or beyond. Tursten 'Two Wolves' Hellbach spends 100% of his time in wolf form, only ever reverting to his 'old form' when entirely necessary. He does not communicate, or identify himself as human.

Description - Tursten appears as a large, shaggy black wolf with yellow eyes and a slow, deliberate manner. Crabdazzle, his mate, is roughly similar in size, though otherwise unremarkable for a grey wolf. On those rare occaisions on which he takes human form, Tursten appears to be wearing tattered adventuring gear, (long since reduced to shreds) with a shaggy, matted beard and hair. His eyes remain yellow and wolflike throughout.

History / Origin - Tursten comes from an area to the far north of the Wicked City of Lakath (in the world in which my own Keep on the Shadowfell was set), a sparsely populated place at the best of times. A wild and dangerous region, he was rumoured to have strange powers from a young age, and made some fame as a shaman and wilderness guide before settling down with a woman from his village and having children. He now roams the wilderness, having apparently lost them (and his mind, some say) to some unknown tragedy many years hence.

NOTE - If you do not have Character builder, format your post so that the sheet is simple and readable, mentioning Ability Scores, skills, feats, powers equipment and defences, as well as any noteworthy equipment. (If you post just the basics, I may take the information and put it through the builder, but if you are making use of any of the homebrew matirial, it doesn't matter so much.)
« Last Edit: 06 October 2009, 01:43:43 by Snakes in the Tiki Lounge » Logged
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2009, 02:41:22 »

*****MAJOR EDIT*****

I have changed my character...hope this doesn't pose any trouble for the erstwhile DM. I wanted to try out something different. Wink

Etheryss, level 11
Githyanki, Psion, Uncarnate
Build: Telepathic Psion
Discipline Focus: Telepathy Focus
Background: Occupation - Scholar, Society - Noble (+2 to Insight)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 12, Dex 11, Int 20, Wis 16, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 9, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 16.

AC: 26 Fort: 18 Reflex: 23 Will: 24
HP: 74 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 18

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +14, History +17, Arcana +15, Insight +15

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Diplomacy +9, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +6, Heal +8, Intimidate +9, Nature +8, Perception +8, Religion +10, Stealth +5, Streetwise +9, Thievery +5, Athletics +5

FEATS
Psion: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Discipline Adept
Level 2: Armor Proficiency (Leather)
Level 4: Focused Expertise (Quarterstaff)
Level 6: Precise Mind
Level 8: Staff Fighting
Level 10: Toughness
Level 11: Psychic Lock

POWERS
Psion at-will 1: Dishearten
Psion at-will 1: Mind Thrust
Psion daily 1: Ravening Thought
Psion utility 2: Intellect Fortress
Psion at-will 3: Id Insinuation
Psion daily 5: Crisis of Identity
Psion utility 6: Mind Shadow
Psion at-will 7: Force Grasp (replaces Dishearten)
Psion daily 9: Sensory Onslaught
Psion utility 10: Intellect Leech

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Ritual Book, Fine Clothing, Irrefutable Drowmesh +3, Runic Quarterstaff +2, Medallion of Death Deferred +2, Potion of Clarity (level 5) (5), Potion of Healing (heroic tier) (5), Potion of Mimicry (heroic tier) (5)
RITUALS
Amanuensis, Arcane Mark, Brew Potion, Comprehend Language, Explorer's Fire, Fastidiousness, Make Whole, Purify Water, Silence, Tenser's Floating Disk, Unseen Servant, Wizard's Curtain, Corpse Light, Delver's Fire, Endure Elements, Last Sight Vision, Preservation, Pyrotechnics, Seek Rumor, Affect Normal Fire, Detect Secret Doors, Fool's Gold, Summon Winds, Undead Ward, Arcane Lock, Dark Light, Enchant Magic Item, Knock, Transfer Enchantment, Hallucinatory Item, Magic Circle, Deathly Shroud, Disenchant Magic Item, Duplicate, Excavation, Mordenkainen's Ascent, Mordenkainen's Joining, Phantom Steed, Sending, Wizard's Escape, Tenser's Lift, Water Breathing, Wizard's Sight

I've always like the Githyanki, and been curious about the Psion.

(I like rituals ^_^)

Etheryss has reddish-brown hair, skin that shades from mustard to olive green and the sharp angular features of her kind. Her eyes are a dark grey, as is the mottling on her cheeks and temples, which appears over her body in various locations. She wears dark leather armor of elvish design and carries a staff inscribed with intricate runes all over its surface. She seems to have a confident air about her, and seems to know very well how to use that staff.

She's a historian and seeker of new paths to transcendence of the flesh. She travels the many planes in search of the true path of purity of mind, and hopes one day to find it. She's not above manipulating the minds of others to achieve her goals, but will never do so overtly.

She eschews the conflicts her people seek, and considers their goals of physical acquisition as meaningless. She no longer lives amongst the Githyanki. She was once a mindslicer in the Githyanki armies, but left that path for reasons she prefers not to discuss. She does not carry a githyanki silver sword, which is considerably strange to anyone who knows anything about her people. She has an air of effortless authority about her, and seems used to giving commands, as though she were from a noble family.

Her travels have taken her many places, and allowed her to meet many of the peoples the Githyanki consider inferior. She has learned not to judge those she encounters on the merits of their physical forms, instead waiting to see their true worth via their actions.

She considers acquisition of wealth and items as meaningless for their own sake, but does acknowledge the merits of being well prepared for any situation. She has also found that the knowledge she seeks may be bought, and that therefore wealth has a purpose.

She is a tranquil, calm person, who never lets her emotions get the better of her. She is in complete control at all times, and considers this vital to her path.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2009, 02:09:34 by morgalahan » Logged

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Psychotic

« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2009, 23:23:14 »

Morg - If you could add a little note on the Concept, Description and Background/Origin of the character, that'd be great.

Also, if Dat and Evil could see there way to posting their doods, we might be able to get this moving... Smiley
Note - As above, I do want a tiny note reguarding your characters basic concept, a description, and a very simple bit of background info, (preferably including mention of home-plane/setting. Go wild.)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2009, 04:54:25 »

This is a bit difficult since I dont have a full version of character builder at the moment and the excellent alternative Mogy posted doesn't like my connection as it is very slow. So I will do a concept and leave it to our gentle GM

Egil Gejagger

A very unusual dwarf from the part of the Prime Material plane that Dark Deeds in Deep Places is set.

The character is a Horse warrior from a great empire of dwarves who prefer to fight from horse back with Lance Bow and Long shafted axes. The culture is basically good with a strong panthion of good aligned gods and wars at its borders with barbarian tribes and an empire of Evil humans

I think it would have to be a hybrid based on a beast ranger as his mount is the animal companion other than that the class is mostly a fighter as he wears heavy armour and takes the role of a combined defender/striker

The other idea is to reprise my paladin from for the Raven Queen

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2009, 18:36:32 »

Reemdahl; Bullywug Monk lvl 11.
Born at the same time as a neighbouring encampment of elves inexplicably burning to death, this was taken as a good omen. Reemdahl wears a brown cloth tunic, decorated with tribal art, gold bangles on his wrists and ankles and carries little more than his adventurers pack. He left his village to attempt to improve relations with outsiders by proving that Bullywugs are as good as the next race. It wasn't too long after this that he was referred to a monastery that took in all vagrants with potential no matter who they were. Eager to show his self discipline and civility, he was welcomed and soon became an accomplished monk, brimming with self discipline  Wink. After a few years, Reemdahl left to prove himself useful to civilized cities and towns. His beloved career as an adventurer began. As he has grown in power, he seeks to right wrongs and help all live in harmony.
« Last Edit: 27 October 2009, 18:39:34 by Dat » Logged

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2009, 22:00:59 »

Rustam, level 11
Dwarf, Fighter
Build: Guardian Fighter
Fighter Talents: One-handed Weapon Talent
Background: Society - Noble, Occupation - Military, Geography - Desert, Adventurer's Scion, Society - Wealthy, Scorned Noble (+2 to Insight)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 18, Dex 15, Int 15, Wis 11, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 13, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 10.

AC: 26 Fort: 21 Reflex: 19 Will: 16
HP: 93 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 23

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +10, Athletics +12, Endurance +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Arcana +7, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +7, History +7, Insight +7, Intimidate +6, Nature +5, Perception +5, Religion +7, Stealth +5, Streetwise +6, Thievery +5

FEATS
Level 1: Mounted Combat
Level 2: Far Shot
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Bow)
Level 6: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
Level 8: Weapon Focus (Mace)
Level 10: Distant Advantage
Level 11: Distant Shot

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Brash Strike
Fighter at-will 1: Crushing Surge
Fighter encounter 1: Bell Ringer
Fighter daily 1: Villain's Menace
Fighter utility 2: Boundless Endurance
Fighter encounter 3: Crushing Blow
Fighter daily 5: Dizzying Blow
Fighter utility 6: Settling the Score
Fighter encounter 7: Reckless Strike
Fighter daily 9: Victorious Surge
Fighter utility 10: Strength From Pain

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Broadsword, Distance Longbow +3, Retribution Mace +3, Piecemeal Scale Armor +2, Jousting Shield Heavy Shield (heroic tier), Hippogriff

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #6 on: 17 November 2009, 14:29:05 »

This reminds me I must do my character for this will post it soon

Kat, level 11
Half-Elf, Sorcerer|Avenger, Paragon Hybrid
Sorcerous Power: Sorcerous Power Dexterity
Hybrid Avenger: Hybrid Avenger Reflex
Hybrid Talent: Armor of Faith
Paragon Hybrid Talent: Channel Divinity (Hybrid Avenger)
Birth - Among Another Race: Among Another Race (Human)
Background: Elf - Urban Elf, Birth - Among Another Race, Geography - Urban, Seducer, Foundling (Seducer Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 15, Dex 14, Int 14, Wis 17, Cha 19.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 12, Dex 13, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 14.

AC: 25 Fort: 17 Reflex: 18 Will: 21
HP: 88 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 22

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +15, Insight +16, Streetwise +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Arcana +7, Diplomacy +11, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +7, Heal +8, History +7, Intimidate +9, Nature +8, Perception +8, Religion +7, Stealth +7, Thievery +7, Athletics +6

FEATS
Level 1: Religious Dabbler
Level 2: Hybrid Talent
Level 4: Divine Passion
Level 6: Sorcerous Blade Channeling
Level 8: Toughness
Level 10: Arcane Spellfury
Level 11: Improved Armor of Faith

POWERS
Channel Divinity (Hybrid Avenger): Abjure Undead
Dilettante: Tide of Iron
Hybrid Avenger at-will 1: Bond of Pursuit
Hybrid Sorcerer at-will 1: Blazing Starfall
Paragon Hybrid: Explosive Pyre
Religious Dabbler: Ardent Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Whirlwind Charge
Hybrid daily 1: Dragonfang Bolt
Hybrid utility 2: Spatial Trip
Hybrid encounter 3: Whirlwind
Hybrid daily 5: Light of Truth
Hybrid utility 6: Prescient Maneuver
Hybrid encounter 7: Inexorable Summons
Hybrid daily 9: Oath of Pursuit
Hybrid utility 10: Slow Pursuit

ITEMS
Enduring Spirit Vestments Githweave Armor +3, Challenge-Seeking Longspear +3, Boots of Sand and Sea (heroic tier), Adamantine Dagger +2, Byeshk Dagger +1, Symbol of Divine Reach +1, Implement, Wand, Ritual Book, Sunrod (2), Waterskin, Backpack (empty), Bedroll, Candle (3), Fine Clothing, Journeybreads (10), Lantern, Oil (1 pint) (2), Mystic Salves (Heal) (3), Sanctified Incense (Religion) (2), Dagger
RITUALS
Amanuensis

« Last Edit: 18 November 2009, 04:50:38 by Hard Rain » Logged

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2009, 05:09:23 »

Background
Kat was found in a cat basket on the steps of a major temple of Erathis in the  provincial capital of Westguard  and brought up by the academy instructors and clerics there who where mostly Human. She grew into a strange child and was possessed of arcane power from a relatively early age attempts where made to train this but her magic did not prove to be trainable.

Personality
Kat likes to think that she is a nice person and she can be very charming when she wants to be. She is for the most part but she has a ruthless streak a mile wide if you get on the wrong side of her or get in her way when she is out on a mission for the temple and you will see it.

Kat also likes to think that she is modest just a girl from the lower town but this is now little more than her acting out what she once was. She is any thing but no sorcerer is truly so and on occasion this easy going mask slips and she comes across as arrogant and assertive to the point of aggressiveness.

Appearance
Kat dresses for the occasion and will happily change her appearance to suit. When adventuring she favours hard wearing practical clothing in plain colours

Edit to correct deity
« Last Edit: 18 November 2009, 05:55:11 by Hard Rain » Logged

Psychotic

« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2009, 05:43:51 »

Okay. I'll see about getting this ball rolling sometime soon.
Pretty much all I need now from you guys is the following;
DAT - Soon as you next wander through, be a champ and copypasta the character summary of your Frog, would you? Just edit it into your post, if you like.

EVERYONE - I do need to know Plane of Origin. Now, Rustram/Evil Ginger is simple enough, as I assume he is as planned a member of the Dwarven Horse Barbarians and their Holy Empire, which puts him on the Dark Deads plane.
Similarly, Reemdahl is clearly not from any established setting, so barring any suggestions from Chris, I shall be seeing about a place for him myself.
So that leaves HR and M. Plane of Origin and/or Current Plane of Residence (anything other than Sigil) if you please. (If it's something I can find on Wikipedia, a name will suffice. Otherwise, a very breif summary. Smiley
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2009, 05:58:33 »

I imagined her as being form the core setting but Westguard being a former Nerathi empire city not described in the Core books as I sort of assumed the map at the back of the DMG is only of one province.

would that be ok?

Psychotic

« Reply #10 on: 18 November 2009, 06:01:39 »

Anything's okay, pretty much. Smiley
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #11 on: 18 November 2009, 06:06:14 »

ok then

She is from the games core setting but from another province off the map.

changing the subject a bit I would love this to get up and running as I am paying for a day off by doing nine in a row & you would be saving the lives of my clients and my colleagues if I had something to channel my aggression into rather than culling them

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #12 on: 18 November 2009, 09:01:19 »

Grrr gnash teeth Grrr

please start the game otherwise I will get so very bored that I will explode & IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT TIKI its so cruel to tease like this

exits whimpering pathetically

morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #13 on: 18 November 2009, 16:45:31 »

Ah, OK, err...0_0

Etheryss hails originally from the Githyanki main city:

'Tu’narath is the largest githyanki city. It is built atop the body of a dead god adrift in the Astral Sea and ruled by Vlaakith, the githyanki lich queen, who has ruled supreme for over a thousand years.'

She no longer lives amongst her people, as I said in my original post. She's mostly a wanderer now, and if its helpful she may now currently be in Lakath, or any specific city from your setting.

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Psychotic

« Reply #14 on: 19 November 2009, 03:23:56 »

First thread is up. This one is for Hard Rain, and should hopefully save several lives.
Individual preliminary threads for the rest of you will follow, though are only really intended to be short preludes to the main adventure.

You don't need to pay any attention to each other's threads, but are welcome to if you are bored. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: