Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 23:53:10 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Computer, if you don`t open that exit hatch this moment I shall go straight to your major data banks with a very large axe and give you a reprogramming you`ll never forget,is that clear? - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgotten Realms: The Skyfire Saga (The Slave Campaign)  (Read 12960 times)
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« on: 12 October 2009, 16:56:50 »

I am afraid I am going to have to put the "The Slave Campaign" on hold until the end of November.

I have been given some temporary work (but it is on an afternoon shift) until the middle of November.  I can't afford to refuse the work as my supply of Spirit Games vouchers (I believe it is also called money) is getting rather low

I will keep you informed as to when it will be able to restart again as soon as I know.

Sorry for the chaos caused.

morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2009, 17:12:45 »

No problem Arnu, I'm sure we can find something else to keep us busy until you're happy to run it again Wink

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2009, 17:24:38 »

"we'll meet again....don't know where...don't know when..." Tongue

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2009, 19:51:50 »

I am thinking of writing up the pre escape events and posting it on the forum to get everyone back in to the game again.

So if anyone has any ideas about what they want to achieve let me know.
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2009, 00:08:14 »

No problem Arnu, I'm sure we can find something else to keep us busy until you're happy to run it again Wink

Yes, worth checking on wednesday who wants to step up and get some DM time going...
For this wednesday, though, we're going to need a one-off game?

I have one or two tiny, tiny tiny germs of ideas that could work for a one-off. Something of an epilogue for the KOTS campaign(NOT involving your old Characters, mind), or maybe just run a big combat for the characters of Arnu's Skyfire Saga? (Non-Canon of course, or a shared dream?)

Anyone else intend to step up and plug the Wednesday One-Off gap this week?
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2009, 00:29:39 »

good luck with the temporary work as I know what you mean about Spirit games/ beer vouchers shortages

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2009, 01:30:55 »

Um, nothing I can really think of for the one-off gap other than what you suggested. I dont have enough experience to step up and try to run a 4th ed anything. The only demo once-off things I have are the WoD ones. I wouldnt mind running it, since there's no reason WoD only has to be on a Thursday =P

Otherwise, something KOTS sounds fun if you're up to it. I don't particularly relish the idea of my barely lvl one druid brawling, since I know for a fact that she'd get the floor wiped with her.

The only other systems I know and could run with any competency (small though it may be) is 3rd (3.5) edition D20. D&D, Star Wars, that sort of thing. I actually wouldn't mind stepping up and running something like that for the duration of Arnu's leave of absence. I have several ideas that I've never used for more than one session here and there. Hmm, this becomes more intriguing... My distinct lack of 3.5 manuals inhibits me somewhat, but perhaps someone out there has a set that would serve? I'm now very willing to resurrect a 3.5 D&D setting that I wouldn't mind using, and possibly even converting to 4th ed, if no one minds me being a bit of a n00b with the rules and helping me out with relevant advice here and there... I'm actually excited now, fancy that.

*goes to make notes and try to remember all the awesome ideas she had for her homebrew setting*
« Last Edit: 13 October 2009, 01:35:02 by morgalahan » Logged

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2009, 01:37:55 »

Okay, I have decided. I will run a non-canonical combat scenario on wednesday, a shared nightmare for the characters in Arnu's Skyfire Saga. There may be more involved, there may not. You shall be the judge of that, of course.

I do have a KOTS related Epilogue that I will eventually run, but to be honest that is not only a two-to-three session concept, it would also be best with Andy around, simply because he was one of the main KOTS characters.

If we go for the...largely combat idea I have in mind instead, it would if nothing else give you all the chance to let loose and see what your characters are capable of, (With everything working, natch) and with no consequences as such to worry about.

As to games in the intervening, we'll have to see what everyone thinks, but I would personally be interested in Star Wars (Andy was threatening to run a game, but that's kind of a 'one day' situation. If you allowed Ewok's, you'd have a squirrelly friend for life, mind you. Will never turn down 4th ed games, either, but I may threaten with...Wolves.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #8 on: 13 October 2009, 03:19:13 »

I'm wanting to run something starting this Wed, and as far as I can tell, Tiki has agreed to step aside and allow me to allow him to play some 4th ed Cheesy

I made a new thread for it in an effort to stop spamming Arnu's thread: http://www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=818.0

Tombwalker
Burton Delvers
Aware

« Reply #9 on: 13 October 2009, 09:52:11 »

Will catch up with you later, when you have accrued some more Spirit Games vouchers.  Take care now A

Death is the only certanty in life,
how you get there and how much fun you have on the way
is only limited by your own imagination.
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #10 on: 16 November 2009, 17:40:28 »

I am available for running the Skyfire campaign again from this Wednesday (18/11/2009)

Please let me know if that is OK with everyone?

Regards

Andie

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #11 on: 16 November 2009, 23:22:52 »

Well, It looks like bob might be available for a friday run of the prelude, so wednesday is free to be whatever.

So, I will leave it to you and Stacey to fight it out. Smiley
(assuming you yourself can still make friday. We'll sort out where and so on on wednesday.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #12 on: 16 November 2009, 23:26:38 »

lol, fight it out? I surrender!

Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #13 on: 17 November 2009, 00:34:20 »

I am afraid I can't make Friday now (I have to be in Worcestershire on Friday)

Is it worth using the Wednesday night to do this?
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #14 on: 17 November 2009, 01:06:38 »

Eh, well, I'd rather avoid it, because it's likely to leave a couple of people game-less. What about Saturday? Same question, Tombwalker?

(Apparently i'm working saturday Morning for once, so on a one-off basis, either this or next saturday, I could do.)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: