Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 06:29:32 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
We going to get lynched aren`t we? - Phouchg
Linked Events
  • Dark Deeds in Dark places re start 8: 18 October 2009

• Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Special kindness sesion run  (Read 9299 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 17 October 2009, 02:15:13 »

Having thrown in her lot with the Lich lord Yariel after capture .... a treacherous cambion is sent on a mission by her new master....

The Orks or Kovar have stopped paying tribute make them restart.... Whilst Yariel Contends with the Tear of Corelion ....

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2009, 02:24:04 »

Ah, right, right. So we have a game this sunday, after all. I had totally lost track! Smiley

Good times.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2009, 02:37:17 »

A special kindness indeed, and here we all thought you were having the weekend off Smiley

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2009, 06:12:45 »

I do try to please  Grin and I am a sucker for punishment

EvilGinger

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2009, 07:04:50 »

hrmmm

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2009, 11:19:26 »

Yes, well, because I did so well last time. Hmm. I guess I better level her up then eh? Might make survival easier. If you're giving me some sort of social situation, I think I have a slightly better chance of success, since hey, that where all my trained skills are.

And I resent 'thrown in her lot' and 'a treacherous cambion'. If my only other choice is a pile of ash, then it's not much of a choice really, is it now Sad

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2009, 19:19:29 »

There there little Morgy, there there.  Tongue

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #7 on: 18 October 2009, 04:12:56 »

And I resent 'thrown in her lot' and 'a treacherous cambion'. If my only other choice is a pile of ash, then it's not much of a choice really, is it now

Dear me, how would you put it then as you did have a choice and if you dident see the other options it dosent mean that they where not present?  Besides I am of the opinion that Hero's are made like fine swords with a lot of heat and hammering.

EvilGinger

morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #8 on: 18 October 2009, 13:59:47 »

Events as Llarai'el sees them (being the most uninsightful of drow)

1. She's captured by the Lich, turned into a vampire.
2.  She wakes up naked and in a tomb.
3.  She explores around, finds a spider, leaves it alone since it's a holy creature.
4. Explores some more, finds some surface adventurers, is friendly to them, but ends up being killed by them.
5. Wakes up again in a sarcophagus, finds some nice armor, puts it on and explores.
6. Finds a tunnel and follows along it, eventually having to crawl over a glyph on the stones.
7. Is teleported in front of the Lich and co. and told that if she tries anything dumb or gives him any more lip, he'll take the teleportation rune away and she'll be trapped in the tomb.
6. Is told that she cannot return to the Spire, that she's a vampire and he has control of her resting place.

Now, while I don't bemoan what's happened to her, I do find it unfair for her to be referred to as a traitor, since she was trying desperately to return to the Spire to warn her sister and the Commander of impending treachery, as she saw it.

What she's doing now is waiting for an opportunity to escape. She's terrified of the Lich, especially now that he has such an insanely powerful artifact, and doesn't want to cross him UNLESS she has the means to get away scott free afterward.  She's researching vampires as much as she can in her spare time to try and find a way to stop herself from returning to the Lich's basement when she's killed, or having to return there to rest every day. She wants to find a way to sever that link and make it so that she can escape and set up a new tomb somewhere only she knows about. Or at least somewhere safer. For now she's playing it smart and going along with whatever the Lich asks for the only reason that she cannot see any other way to survive.

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #9 on: 18 October 2009, 16:02:56 »

Which reminds me I need actually to write up the vampire powers for said Treacherous Cambion Like that it so has a ring to it   Evil dont you think Evil Evil Evil

let me see -2 circumstance bonus to all actions in day light.... Vulnerable 5 radiant damage... Vulnerable 5 entering any place sanctified to a god 10 if that god is good aligned.... Vulnerable as previous to divine powers.....

this is so fun

EvilGinger

morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #10 on: 18 October 2009, 17:10:08 »

Cry My poor poor character. She seems rather monumentally screwed. She's going to be playing things so very very cautious.

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2009, 17:52:49 »

I'm pretty sure he's just messing with you, M. Smiley

That or you really did get the short end of the pointy-tooth-stick!
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #12 on: 19 October 2009, 00:40:25 »

Oh well, that went well enough. Both ends against the middle indeed. She's now in a position where she needs to work to gain The (note the capital) Lich's trust and favor, which means being a good little minion and doing whatever needs doing. Once she actually manages to get in good (if possible) she then needs to find a way of spying/learning everything she can and if possible get the hell away. However, knowing my character, she might get into a position where she actually has far more personal power than ever dreamed of before, if she does what she has to for The Lich, and has to make the choice of trying to get away and loosing it all, or actually turning traitor voluntarily and keeping it. The trick is to find a way of keeping said hypothetical power AND getting away...

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #13 on: 27 October 2009, 00:29:54 »

SO.
Some details about the raggedy-assed swordsman from this session and next sundays. Smiley

He is clearly dead, but just as clearly not all-the-way dead. He breathes, and may even have something of a faint, vestigal pulse. He seems to be able to 'survive' by nourishing the body, (eating food), though he only ever seems to eat lightly and very sparse and unapetising food at that, trail rations etc.
He looks unhealthy and fragile when at rest, which is most of the time. He seems to have the metabolism and personality of a snake, cold-blooded and joyless. He rarely speaks, (Probably barely said a word that I didn't say in character the whole time.) and whenever travelling, would do so silently and with very little movement at all in the saddle. Huddled in his ragged cloak and largely motionless in the seat in such a way that it's hard to tell when he's napping* and when he's not.

With the malnourished way he looks, the vampiric side of his nature is clear on inspection, his face sunken in such a way as to make the fangs painfully obvious.

He certainly doesn't come from the region, though the mountainous, pine-forested area of the orc-fortress does apparently remind him of his homeland. I would guess that not only might that homeland be some distance away, it's entirely possible that it was on another plane entirely, depending on how expansive the Lich's travels and exploits have been.

(*unlike both his companions, he does need to rest at least a little, most likely, but conserves his energy carefully in a very reptilian manner.)
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #14 on: 31 October 2009, 23:55:07 »

Aha, good to know a little something about the enigmatic and terse swordsman.

Well, glad I posted something after the last session, lets me know what I should be doing for tomorrow's session Cheesy Um, yes, try to solve all the problems of the land while not disturbing Yariel at his work...uh, yes, fighting hordes of angry dwarven paladins on horseback as well, fun fun. Trying not to be too flip with my superiors...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: