Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 23:18:33 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
When you walk through the storm hold your head up high . . . - Eddy , The Ships Computer
Linked Events
  • Dark Deeds in Dark places re start 9: 25 October 2009

• Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back to the Spire  (Read 9319 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 19 October 2009, 01:21:44 »

With The Litch Yariel successful in recovering the Tear Of Corelion from under our hero's very noses there is
a calm between storms..... What will our Heroes make of their rest bite.....

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2009, 02:12:12 »

Generally, seethe, rage, plot vengeance...

She doesnt have many goals at this point that DON'T include violence of some sort or another.

She wishes mostly to return to the drow city and stake her claim in the new pecking order of what remains of her House.

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2009, 03:08:29 »

The Commander has his goals, and I shall for now keep them to myself. They are varied and largely speculative in nature at this point.

Maltana, his sister, has been his near constant companion at times, and seems to have dedicated her days to playing quiet, whispery tunes on her little mushroomwood flute.
possibly not unlike this, as I envisage it as an end-blown (fipple-less) instrument.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2009, 11:45:44 »

Maltana, his sister, has been his near constant companion at times, and seems to have dedicated her days to playing quiet, whispery tunes on her little mushroomwood flute.
possibly not unlike this, as I envisage it as an end-blown (fipple-less) instrument.
this is the first thing about drow to appeal to me. Wink If only it was a common racial trait instead of the others.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2009, 00:17:28 »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Say no more

EvilGinger

morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2009, 01:25:35 »

^_^ Pretty, although she better not be around my Priestess. Nothing personal at all, but that character is likely to do some harm if she catches Maltana sitting around playing a flute. She is, at the moment, a wildly bubbling pot of rage. She still does her daily devotions of course, and prays often for Lolth to give her a means to enact revenge. She's not that willing to wait around however, since Lolth is a deity of the 'if you want it, get it yourself' school of thought.

Screams sound often from her torture chambers. She needs to take her frustration out somewhere. She's prone to torture till the brink of death, then heal them up enough that they don't die.

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2009, 01:31:08 »

Luckily enough for everyone involved, no. The commander has little need for her services at the moment, so your cleric is unlikely enough to bump into my poor flutist.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #7 on: 20 October 2009, 01:47:45 »

hehe, yup. I'm pretty sure your assassin could manage to kill my cleric if she wanted to, so yes, luckily enough ;P

I'm sure the poor inhabitants of her torture chamber would cheer Maltana if she did Cheesy

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2009, 01:50:44 »

Most likely she would just darkness/evade her.

The bloody death comes when the entire hobgoblin garrison is dispatched to restrain her ready for her (show) trial for treachery, given that she'd have just tried to kill Izzlin's sister, infront of him, for playing the flute. Smiley

As to an actual pvp situation between assassin and priestess, I wouldn't like to guess 1 on 1, especially as your priestess has gone hybrid, and the assassin though a little strikier, is still quite squishy.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #9 on: 20 October 2009, 02:10:51 »

Well, by 'harm' I was thinking more that she would snap Maltana's flute and stomp on it....but yeah, death would abound eventually...lol

Avenger/Cleric vs Assassin? Interesting, but she doesnt have such amazing powers when you come down to it. She DOES have a high perception score though =P

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #10 on: 24 October 2009, 22:33:50 »

SO, due to randomness and managers often being a good analogue for 'officer types', I've unexpectedly got Sunday off.

So I might even be on-time, this time. Smiley
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #11 on: 25 October 2009, 03:22:22 »

Oh dear god, this character has turned into a mission to play. Oh well.

morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #12 on: 26 October 2009, 03:07:38 »

Yays, I have my new character thanks to the online generator. She's a lvl 2 shaman multiclassed as a ranger for stealth. Shes also a trained Alchemist and able to make all sorts of goodies. I wanted to ask the glorious GM if she can swap her mandatory class skill of Nature for Dungeoneering since my reasoning makes out that as a drow shaman she'd have been trained in dungeoneering rather than Nature.

She will be quiet and thoughtful, and very 'out there' for a drow. She's a shaman as a scholar, not so much as a 'the balance must be maintained' sort of person.

But she IS more about spirits, so she wont make her notions known to all. She doesnt like Lolth much.

'or a scholar devoted to the pursuit of nearly forgotten lore.' (shaman option) More what she is.

But she's also someone who's gone out and actively sought that lore, often alone. She's good by herself in the Underdark, and has studied a LOT of different lore. She also gathers her components in the wilds of the Underdark.

Her spirit companion is with her all the time, she rarely if ever unsummons it. It's an almost large (as in the size) silver translucent bulette, a protector Spirit.

Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #13 on: 26 October 2009, 13:47:38 »

Thats cool, - i also heard silver Bulettes are the only way to kill a werewolf.  Tongue

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #14 on: 26 October 2009, 17:59:40 »

Just to let you know DAT I am tempted to report you to the moderator for the use of a weapons grade PUN on the forum as anything rated higher than a .8 jaffery or 1.0 bootherstone is against forum rules. That one was  close.

Evil

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: