Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
23 April 2024, 10:57:50 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Errr - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Impressions - Relic Runners  (Read 2544 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 04 October 2013, 00:51:10 »

I've only played a quick taster 2-player of this after punching the pieces at mt FLGS.

The rulebook could have been laid out better and go into a little more detail in places, but its mostly there. It's certainly not the worst I have ever read, but there is room for improvement.

The game play seems simple enough with a Move and Explore action on your turn. Each player has a toolbox of additional actions they can potentially take to aid their tasks.

The paths help movement, on your turn you can move one unfamiliar path (ie one without one of your coloured path tokens on it) per turn but you can move over your own coloured paths for free thereby enabling longer movement with careful placement.

The components, as expected from DOW, are top quality and the artwork is great.

I'm not convinced there is enough there for the 2-player game, but with more players there would be a lot more interaction and tension.

Overall I enjoyed the test run and look forward to trying again with more players and getting in a full game.

Someone on BGG raised the point about the theme not really working with some of the mechanics, especially a rule about not going down the same paths in the same turn. As for the why would you not go down the same paths thematically, well they are explorers surely the point is they want to find new undiscovered relics, why would they back track on old ground whilst they have provisions and drive to explore new territory?

I will try and report back again once I have had a good chance to play this game more thoroughly but so far it seems good fun and likely to get a lot of plays.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: