Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 12:23:56 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
No, just Very Very improbable. - Trillian
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Impressions - Gormanghast  (Read 3099 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 04 October 2013, 00:53:29 »

I picked this up from my local FLGS (Spirit Games) last night.

Punched and played a quick taster game the same night, as it was our regular gaming night there.

I was surprised at the reasonable price given the quality of the components is quite excellent, pretty thick cardboard stock, the cards feel well made and sturdy.

The artwork throughput the game is well done and suited to the overall theme. I Like the way they have integrated aspects of the book onto the cards and the Rituals book. Both of which has plenty of flavor text incorporating the game action into the story.

The game itself, whilst not complicated, was quite quick to pick up the rules but allows for strategic play and there would appear to be plenty of potential player interaction, in the form of scuppering their plans.

I have only played a short tester game with 2 players but I got enough of a feel to say that I really like the way this plays. I love the way they have integrated theme into the cards and rituals etc.

I look forward to playing this again with a full set of players and I anticipate this will be brutal but entertaining.

I had heard nothing of this game prior to it turning up on my FLGS new games list, so after a little research of the Facebook page and reading the Rulebook decided to take a chance. A chance that was well worth taking, excellent game, well designed and takes pride of place in my collection.

I ramble but I hope this helps people get more of an idea about the game.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2013, 20:17:30 »

I would be up for a taking part in the full scale run through at Autumn Beer and Pretzels

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: