Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 13:45:48 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Well the border between madness and genius is very narrow. - Ford Prefect
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thursday Night Sessions  (Read 12366 times)
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #15 on: 08 July 2010, 20:19:40 »

The next Thursday night game session will be on the 15th July

Depending on availability and preparedness it will either be the Shadowrun game or a character creation session for Star Wars Knight of the old republic era.

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #16 on: 08 July 2010, 22:16:45 »

Both of which I want to play in but neither of which I will be able to as I cant do evenings gaming reliably as I demonstrated yesterday. I have to get up too insanely early. Sad  Angry

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #17 on: 04 September 2012, 21:18:23 »

Hi Gang,

Myself and the EvilGinger have been hatching a plan to relocate the fortnightly Thurs night session to an alternative venue to try and be more welcoming to a wider audience than the local pubs.
Yes I know they are friendly, sell really really nice beers but by playing in a pub we kind of have to spend money, it will put off people who do not drink or are too young to be in one etc etc.

So to that end I have spoken to Phil @ Spirit Games who has said we can use the shop Thurs nights. This means we have  more space, more chance to play without disruption and hopefully get some of the previous players/DMs back as well as attract new people. Also with the extra space it may be possible, with larger numbers, to run more than one game to cater for peoples preferences.

I have spoken to a few people who have expressed an interest and so I am keen to get this started, a good start might be to re-kickstart Evil's Hackmaster Character Session or something else if someone wants to step up.

Firstly though a show of replies for those interested in these sessions, then we can sort out a start date and opening game(s)

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #18 on: 04 September 2012, 21:48:12 »

I am all in favour of this hence my shameless plotting with Zarni, for which see above, I like my beer & my DMing but want to be part of a bigger group again where we can have more people run multiple groups & different DM's Spirit has that & there is even good beer across the road but you dont have to buy it.

I am also more than happy to kick off with Hackmaster as I have had some thoughts since the first go the other week. The only question for me is when do we start as this Thursday is booked for my Exalted game.

EvilGinger

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #19 on: 05 September 2012, 14:22:25 »

Well, I'm not entirely sure that the location has much to do with attendance, but there's no harm giving the idea a go.

I must confessed I'm a little confused by the talk of you kicking off with Hackmaster, Evilginger, as you're already running two different games on thursdays. If you're up for more frequent DMing than fortnightly on thursdays, wouldn't it make more sense to run an extra session of an existing game than to start a third?

I'm probably missing something here, though, so feel free to fill me in. Smiley
Conversely, there are other DM's putting games together, I for one am trying to figure out when and where to run my Deathwatch campaign for example, but it all depends on attendance and availability and so on.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #20 on: 05 September 2012, 19:47:25 »

Simple I really want to run HackMaster as its different from what I am running already & varying the group I pay games with as well as playing rather than GMing also helps keep it  all a bit fresher.

I also dont think I could force my current groups to play more often than they are already.

EvilGinger

Gendrill
Slight Inkling

« Reply #21 on: 10 September 2012, 17:48:42 »

I would be interested in this when i am in Burton, which will vary for some months to come yet, but if another potential player or GM is required then i will be happy to join as and when i can. Happy to run some intro games of Pathfinder if needed as well, with the intention of a regular campaign when the move to Burton finally happens next year as posted in the Pathfinder thread  Smiley
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #22 on: 10 September 2012, 21:32:32 »

Ok one offs & tasters are a good idea. However  all we need is a date & preferably one with time for me to lie in a darkened room with my head in a bath of ice whilst I recover form Beer & Lard which will knacker me out as the raiders committee will attest to the amount of work organising events.

I also hope to have a set of Teraclips dungeons to run my Hackmaster encounters in & on

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #23 on: 11 September 2012, 00:38:09 »

I would prefer & suggest the 4th or the 25th of October as first session dates, what does every one else think?

EvilGinger

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #24 on: 11 September 2012, 01:19:16 »

Works for me but would have to be the later date, as the other is already booked  Dont Know

Would give me time to drink  Coffee and read up DLB as an option

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #25 on: 11 September 2012, 06:07:21 »

I am happy with the date Zarni can do, but any more comment? I need post this on face book as well as there are people on the friends of Spirit Games who may be interested but FB is on the Fritz for me at the moment so I will have to try that again latter.

EvilGinger

Gendrill
Slight Inkling

« Reply #26 on: 11 September 2012, 22:36:15 »

Owing to the 4th being penciled in as a "200 mile journey back to Burton day"! it may be awkward to confirm that as free owing to the fun that is long distance travel and unexpected delays  Roll Eyes

At the moment i should be able to make it for the 25th though but would have to confirm closer, pencil me in as a hopeful for now  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: