Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 16:09:17 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
But that`s crazy. You wouldn`t blow up this entire planet just to get a bloody spaceship back! - Trillian
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic D&D/Layrinth Lord in Loughborough, Leicestershire  (Read 11129 times)
Bruce
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« on: 01 November 2013, 13:18:11 »

Hi All,

I suspect this is my first post here but I've been a member for many years!  Some of you may remember me from RPG games at The Coopers  in Burton.

I've been spamming the following around the usual internet forums, I hope no one minds me post it here as well:

I would really like to get a group together for a Labyrinth Lord (Basic/Expert D&D retroclone) game. Unfortunately this 'real life' thing stops me from attending any of my local groups regularly enough to play or run a campaign so I'm trying to set something up on my own rather erratic schedule.

I'd like to start with a couple of one or two session adventures to get things going with a view to a longer term campaign in the future. I'm a bit 'rusty' as far as DM'ing goes but I'm hoping that a few sessions with some existing material should get me back up to speed.

If you're interested please reply here or get in touch via a PM.

Cheers,

Bruce
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2013, 13:48:48 »

nice to hear form you as another Thursday nights at the coopers veteran my self. I am not likely to be able to get over to wildest Leicestershire as I also have real life getting in the way which is a pity as I am a fan of the Retro feel FRPG hence my obsession with Hackmaster for which I am gobbling up as cm as I can by Troll Lord Brave Halfling and Dungeon crawl classics.

I will wish you good luck and offer an invite to make a guest appearance at the latest incarnation of the Thursday night RPG lesion at the shop any time life allows you.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2013, 11:36:41 »

Glad to see you back Bruce, seems like ages since we last saw each other.  I miss the gaming sessions but sadly as much as I would love to come join in this my evening's are a  little tied up with the dog these days. 

I'll keep an eye on things though and if I get a chance I'll see if I can pop along.  Otherwise you are always more than welcome at any of our gaming seasons. Maybe see you at a raiders sometime.

All the best and happy gaming

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Bruce
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2013, 11:45:05 »

Thanks guys, I'm overdue a visit to Burton so should try and tie it in with some gaming.  I'm so very tempted by the ridiculously priced Original D&D box Wizards are putting out, if I do get that it will be from Spirit Games.

See you around.

Bruce
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 02 November 2013, 17:32:01 »

I would also be tempted by the Hackmaster set  as the game does all the good things which Retro D&D does and we  all love it for but none of the bad ones.

Zarni is also I believe having idea's for role playing gaming I would watch this space.

EvilGinger

Bruce
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2013, 10:26:02 »

Hackmaster looks pretty nice.  I also fancy giving DCC a go, but there are so many games and so little (free) time!

Bruce

P.S.  If I'm not able to game before I will almost certainly be in Burton for Beer and Pretzels in May
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2013, 11:33:12 »

I also like DCC its great fun starting off with a pack of very disposable zero level characters & putting them down the funnel. I also like the DCC adventures for conversion to other systems add a bit of horror to the mix as well as some moral choices.

EvilGinger

Bruce
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #7 on: 07 November 2013, 09:43:16 »

I'm running a 'one off' session this coming Saturday at a meet in Leicester, just on the off chance anyone is free or interested.

The Barley Mow, Granby St.  Meeting from 1pm, hope to get the game started by about 2pm.  I will have pre gens but feel free to bring a level 1 character.

Bruce
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #8 on: 08 November 2013, 06:52:07 »

Would love too but I will be working at Spirit Games all day otherwise I would be on the train over as the pub is quite close to the station I recall.

EvilGinger

Bruce
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #9 on: 03 January 2014, 18:24:05 »

Happy New Year!

I made another trip across to Burton today, so far I've not managed to time a trip to the shop with some gaming but it's great to see the new shop.

Still working on getting a game together here in darkest Leicestershire, I'll keep this thread up to date on the off chance any likely candidates stop by!

Bruce
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #10 on: 04 January 2014, 18:11:01 »

Good to hear from you again old chap and sorry the group is so slow forming but as you know I am a bit immobile when it comes to getting to the wilder parts of north of Leicestershire but I hope to see you in the new year if I can  bully some one into joining in & driving.

EvilGinger

Bruce
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #11 on: 05 January 2014, 12:18:51 »

Good stuff.  If I don't see you before I'll hopefully get to Beer & Pretzels, ideally I'd like to run a one off Labyrinth Lord game if there's any interest.

Bruce
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #12 on: 05 January 2014, 17:54:21 »

I would be up for it certainly & I will see who I can recruit....

EvilGinger

Bruce
Burton Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #13 on: 19 January 2014, 21:30:23 »

Just to keep anyone who might chance across this thread in the future up to date:

I've got a core group of players interested in starting a game in Loughborough (we start 23rd January) but I'm am still looking for one or two more if anyone else is interested in the future.

Cheers,

Bruce
« Last Edit: 19 January 2014, 21:34:24 by Bruce » Logged
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #14 on: 19 January 2014, 22:49:53 »

Congratulations old chap

EvilGinger