Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 April 2024, 00:41:05 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Do you Want me to sit in a corner and rust, or just fall apart where i`m standing? - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Linked Events
  • Dragondaze: 20 September 2014

• Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragondaze  (Read 1975 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 07 January 2014, 01:10:25 »

Details from their Website

What is Dragondaze?
Dragondaze is all about having fun, its a one day convention celebrating all things gaming. There will be many things to see and play.

All profits from this Convention will be going to the Barnardos Young Carers, a charity that helps young carers cope and give them days out as a break.

A young carer is someone under the age of 25 whose life is in some way restricted because of the need to take care of a sick or disabled relative. They may have to help with someone who has a mental health issue or someone who misuses drugs or alcohol. Many young people undertake their caring roles willingly and however difficult this may make their lives, wish to continue helping in caring for someone at home who has an illness – mental or physical, short or long-term.
Young carers are more likely to suffer emotional and psychological difficulties when they are young or in later life.

The average age of a young carer is 12 and the 2001 census showed that there were 175,000 Young Carers in the UK. 13,000 of these care for more than 50 hours per week.

Barnardo’s, in partnership with Caerphilly and Newport Borough Councils, Children and Young People's Partnership and Substance Misuse Action Team provide the Young Carers Service.

Tickets.
The Event opens at 10:00 am and runs until 5:00 pm.

Adult Tickets are £7.50
Child Tickets are £5.00 (under 18)

Children under the age of 10 are free but must be accompanied by a Full paying adult.

An essential carer is free with a registered disabled visitor. The registered disabled visitor pays the normal full price ticket appropriate to their age.

Badges will be provided and must be shown on entry to the various events.

Advance booking will be available before the event, as we only have a limited number of tickets available.

Parking is available at the Kingsway Centre Car Park, right next to the Venue, for a small fee.  Kingsway Center Car Park

If you traveling from a distance and looking to stay in Newport here is a list of places to stay -  Where to stay in Newport
« Last Edit: 07 January 2014, 01:13:13 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: