Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 April 2024, 13:31:43 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
The point is that I am now a perfectly safe penguin and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs! - Ford Prefect
Linked Events
  • UK Games Expo 2014: 30 May 2014 - 01 June 2014

• Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Games Expo 2014  (Read 2159 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 11 January 2014, 23:17:18 »

UK Games Expo 2014, at the NEC Hilton Metropole, Birmingham. The biggest general hobby games show in Britain, and with a goodly RPG element.

Expo Games Hours
Show Hours
9.30 to Late on Friday (no trade Halls). (Tickets available from 8.30 am to 8.30 pm)
9.30 to 5pm Saturday Trade Halls are open and from 5pm to late open gaming. (Tickets available from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm)
9.30 to 4pm Sunday Trade Halls are open. (Tickets available from 8.30 am to 4.00 pm)

Friday Games Day
On Friday from 9.30 am till late there will be open board game games rooms available as well as Roleplaying sessions at the Hotel. Note that there is no trade show and no family zone, seminars or tournaments on Friday. Traders can set up on Friday.

Saturday and Sunday - The full show
On Saturday 31st May and Sunday 1st June there will be full trade and public show, tournaments, seminars and family fun.

Details are still being announced at the time of writing, but room prices in the hotel are known; £63 for singles, £106 for twins. A link for room bookings and other information can be found on their 'Web site at http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/.

Entry fees
SINGLE DAY TICKET: Adults £9, Child (10 to 15 years) £6. Family £22.
TWO DAY TICKET: Adults £15, Child (10 to 15 years) £10. Family £40.
THREE DAY TICKET Adults £20, Child (10 to 15 years) £12. Family £45.
FAMILY TICKET admits 2 adults and 2 children.
Children 10 and under go free.

This gives full access to all the trade halls and all the demo games.

Event Tickets
If you want to enter a tournament or play an RPG game you pay per event. This charge pays for extra room and table hire and prize support. In addition you need to purchase an entry ticket to get into UK Games Expo.
RPGs, Miniature, Card and Boardgame tournament entry fees are dependant on game system.

Roleplaying Games:£3 per slot
Board Games: Half Day £3 (am or pm), Saturday Long Tournament £5 (11 till 6pm)
Flames of War, Field of Glory, Warhammer 40K £8
Warmachines Hordes tbc

When do I pay?
Public entry tickets can be paid for on the door or booked online in advance. Online booking will go live just before Easter 2014.

When do I get my tickets?
Please be aware if you book in advance, we do NOT post out your tickets. Your tickets will available in a pre-book pack.
You can collect your pack from the Front desk of UK Games Expo which is in the MONARCH SQUARE at the Hilton Metropole from 8.30am until 8.30pm on Friday 30th May.
OR you can collect it from 8.30 am until 5 pm on Saturday 31st May from the venue.
On Sunday 1st June you can collect your pack from the venue from 8.30am until 4.00pm.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: