Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
18 April 2024, 21:47:35 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`m sorry but I`d probably be able to cope better if I hadn`t bruised my arm. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BGG: The Geek Weekly Issue #1  (Read 1995 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« on: 21 February 2014, 10:00:01 »

The Geek Weekly Issue #1

by Brad Cummings

Welcome to the first The Geek Weekly(TGW), a weekly roundup of interesting things happening on BoardGameGeek.com. Every day hundreds of comments and posts are made on BGG; it's impossible to keep track of it all. That's why we've created TGW as a way to highlight great content from around the Geek.

Here's a breakdown of our layout:
- Around the Geek: This is the heart of the roundup, featuring interesting posts, from geeklists to blogs.
- Review of the Week: A selected review, either written or video, from one of the many BGG reviewers.
- Pic of the Week: Pictures are a great way to capture the hobby and we will highlight a great example each week.
- Video of the Week: Video is for more than just reviews, we will highlight one each week.
- Weekly Poll: We ask you for your opinion on a different subject each week.

We will do our best to provide a varied and diverse look at BGG each week. Found a post that you think should be featured? Shoot us a Geekmail.

BGG at Spielwarenmesse 2014 (Nuremberg Toy Fair)
W. Eric Martin traveled to Germany to cover all new games shown at the fair. This is a great opportunity to check out great games from Europe that will be released throughout 2014. Check out part I by following the link below and don't miss parts II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX.
Read on...

Painting Space Hulk
Space Hulk (third edition) is a classic board game known for detailed miniatures and atmospheric gameplay. User [user=pavunisi]pavunisi[/user] has been hard at work painting the entire game. The results a quite fantastic. Follow the link to see more images and read up on his process.
Read on...

The Basics of Cardwarden
Cardwarden is a great iOS tool, allowing players to capture physical card games on their tablet for local play and use. It's great for solo or co-op card games. User [user=HrothgarReborn]HrothgarReborn[/user] has put together an excellent guid for new users. Have a tablet? Be sure to check this out.
Read on...

Winter Olympics Game Design
With all eyes on Sochi, user [user=jwarrend]jwarrend[/user] is contemplating game design for several Olympic events. This week he takes a look at Figure Skating, envisioning a card and dice game all about planning and dice allocation. Be sure to check out his entire series on his blog.
Read on...

Games Illustrated by the Designer
User [user=manchuwok]manchuwok[/user] has put together an interesting list of games illustrated by the designer. You will be surprised by some of the games listed, I know I was.
View the list...

Be My Valentine
This Geeklist is an oldie but goody, started by user [user=sdotco]sdotco[/user] in 2013. Using mad Photoshop skills, he and others have added romantic touches to some classic board game covers. Have any other box covers that would work? Be sure to add them to the list.
Read the List...

Belfort: The Expansion Expansion Review by Couples vs. Cardboard
Couple vs Cardboard specializes in giving a couples take on new and upcoming board games. Their format succeeds by giving a wider perspective on games and through banter between the couple. They loved Belfort: The Expansion Expansion, so be sure to watch their review by following the link below.
Watch the Review...

A romantic game of Taj Mahal?
Posted by:[user=baditude]baditude[/user]
Image Discussion Thread

Youtube Video

Posted by:[user=janosch]janosch[/user]
Video Discussion Thread

[poll=132982]

Get these updates sent to your email by subscribing here.
Source: The Geek Weekly Issue #1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: