Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 09:51:27 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
If I asked you where the hell we were would I regret it? - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BGG: The Geek Weekly Issue #4  (Read 1805 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« on: 07 March 2014, 08:30:03 »

The Geek Weekly Issue #4

by Brad Cummings

Welcome to The Geek Weekly(TGW), a weekly roundup of interesting things happening on BoardGameGeek.com. Every day hundreds of comments and posts are made on BGG; it's impossible to keep track of it all. That's why we've created TGW as a way to highlight great content from around the Geek.

We do our best to provide a varied and diverse look at BGG each week. Found a post that you think should be featured? Shoot us a Geekmail.

Thanks,
Brad

BGG.Con Registration is now open: Registration has begun for BGG.con 2014! Be sure to sign up today for early bird specials and more.

This week's Geek Tip is on submitting game information. The massive BGG database exists because of the great community that inputs and updates information. Have info on a game that we don't have? Follow these instructions to learn how to submit updates to BGG.

Guess Who as an Interview Tool?
This sweet session recorded by user [user=TaleSpinner]TaleSpinner[/user], shows how gaming can be an excellent way to connect with young children. A simple game becomes a path to better understanding. Have you used games to connect creatively with your kids?
Read on...

Print and Play Gaming Update
Print and play gaming is a unique community here on BGG. They take pride in creating excellent unpublished board games at home. Many great games we have today started out as print and play. Check out this periodic update on the print and play community by user [user=chansen2794]chansen2794[/user].
Read on...

The Board Game Lawyer
User [user=zackiechan]zackiechan[/user] is the Board Game Lawyer, offering legal advice to gamers. There are many issues to navigate in terms of copyright and trademark as we share more images than ever before and more and more gamers become game makers. Zackiechan will advise you on navigating these tricky waters.
Read on...

Ernie the Meeple
Board game Kickstarters have offered some impressive swag in the past, but I am not sure anything surpasses the Ernie Meeple offered in the project below. This is BGG approved and a cool bit to add to your favorite game. I need to sign up and get one of my own.
Read on...

Games with Historical Info
Games have the opportunity to both educate and entertain. This geeklist gathers games that contain historical inserts in the box to help you learn about the associated history. This benefit is not just found in wargames as you will see by the many strategy games on the list.
Read on...

"I Seek the Grail!"
A grail game is a board game hobby term for a board game you have always wanted to play or own, but is extremely difficult to find because it is out of print. User [user=Disney Rob]Disney Rob[/user] shares a story of finding their grail game. Do you have a grail game? Share it with others on the thread and perhaps they can help you on your quest!
Read on...

Torpedoes Away!
Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game is a great way to recreate classic "dogfights" from the Star Wars universe. User [user=shmitty]shmitty[/user] shares his strategy for using ordinance in the game. He offers same great insight on this more advanced rule, so, be sure read up and improve your strategy.
Read on...

Talisman: The Firelands Expansion
User [user=adjogi]adjogi[/user] takes a look at the latest expansion to the classic adventure game Talisman (Revised 4th Edition). I believe, Talisman with all expansions now fills a small house, but it sure makes for an epic experience.
Read the Review...

A very sneaky monster.
Posted by:[user=earthtone]earthtone[/user]
Image Discussion Thread

Youtube Video

Video Discussion Thread

Animals in Spartacus
Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery is one of those licensed games that has proven that they can be great. User [user=Mattias]Mattias[/user] has created a variant that adds wild animals to the arena phase. Follow the link and add this new wrinkle to your Spartacus games.
Download the File...

[poll=134119]

Get these updates sent to your email by subscribing here.
Source: The Geek Weekly Issue #4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: