Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 12:07:02 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Missiles? Don`t make me laugh. - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BGG: The Geek Weekly Issue #10  (Read 2185 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« on: 18 April 2014, 04:30:02 »

The Geek Weekly Issue #10

by Brad Cummings

Welcome to The Geek Weekly(TGW), a weekly roundup of interesting things happening on BoardGameGeek.com. Every day hundreds of comments and posts are made on BGG; it's impossible to keep track of it all. That's why we've created TGW as a way to highlight great content from around the Geek.

We do our best to provide a varied and diverse look at BGG each week. Found a post that you think should be featured? Shoot us a Geekmail.

Thanks,
Brad

BGG Con 60% Full, Sign Up Today!
Interested in joining with your fellow BoardGameGeeks in Dallas, Texas? You'd better act fast. The convention is filling up, so make sure to sign up today.

Board gaming has its own lingo, just like any other hobby. If you are new to the hobby, you may encounter words you don't understand.   Check out this glossary to get up to speed on the BGG vernacular.

3D Printing Board Game Components
Have you ever thought of a great add-on to your favorite game, or perhaps you just wanted to bling out a game with additional bits? 3D printing could be the answer. User [user=genki]genki[/user] has put together an excellent guide on the subject if you are curious about trying it yourself.
Check it out...

Giant Jenga
We've seen large board games before, but I am not sure anything can compare to this monstrous Jenga game. It requires heavy lifters to maneuver and place these pieces. Check out the video to see more of this crazy idea.
Watch the video...

90's Games for Girls
In the 90's it appears that big game companies thought girls were focused on dating, shopping, and careers. Oh, and obsessed with pink. This geeklist features classic 80's and 90's games aimed at girls. Having played Electronic Dream Phone, I can say it is definitely worth looking in to.
View the list...

Wargames Worth a Fortune
Wargames are known for being highly collectable and often produced in very limited print runs. User [user=motoBene67]motoBene67[/user] asks gamers what is the most they have every paid for a wargame. The amounts may surprise you. Have you paid a fortune for a priceless gem? Share it on the list.
Read on...

The Buzzlist
This list catalogs the games on BGG on the most user wish lists each month. Do you have a game that you are excited for this year? See where it ranks on the list. This is an interesting take on what is popular in the community, be sure to check up on it from month to month.
View the list...

Crits Happen Review of Rivet Wars
Crits Happen is known for taking an honest look at wargames and more. This review of Rivet Wars is interesting as it focuses on how the game is a great entryway into more complex miniatures games. The game combines cute pieces with simple logical rules. Be sure to take a look.
Watch the Review...

Posted by:[user=wensp]wensp[/user]
Image Discussion Thread

Youtube Video

Video Discussion Thread

Eight 1/2 Minute Empire
Eight-Minute Empire is a neat little area control game from last year. It offers the feeling of something like Risk in a short timeframe. This fan made expansion adds new cards and more breadth of choice to the game. Be sure to check it out.
Download the File

[poll=137124]

Get these updates sent to your email by subscribing here.
Source: The Geek Weekly Issue #10
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2014, 18:24:55 »

Re the '90's Games for Girls' article, i would really like to play Mall Madness. As the game states;
Attention Mall Shoppers! The voice of the Mall has big news! Come inside and hear all about the giant sales and special bargains! Then join your friends on a wild shopping spree as you rush from store to store!

Press the console button and the Voice will tell you where to move and where to find the best sales. Hurry! Your friends may try to beat you to the bargains! See if you can be the first to buy six items. IF you need more money, make a quick stop at the bank!

To buy or bank - just insert your credit card into the slot and listen. You never know what the Voice of the Mall has "in store" for you!

I also think Careers for Girls sounds like a hoot, as i can aspire to jobs that are normally the exclusive domain of women  Tongue. As the box says;
The classic game of Careers adapted to the young female audience. The career choices are Super Mom, Rock Star, School Teacher, Fashion Designer and Animal Doctor. A sample space on the gameboard reads, "Tell us the names of your 8 children."

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: