Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 15:08:57 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Share and Enjoy - Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BGG: The Geek Weekly Issue #11  (Read 1586 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« on: 25 April 2014, 03:30:06 »

The Geek Weekly Issue #11

by Brad Cummings

Welcome to The Geek Weekly(TGW), a weekly roundup of interesting things happening on BoardGameGeek.com. Every day hundreds of comments and posts are made on BGG; it's impossible to keep track of it all. That's why we've created TGW as a way to highlight great content from around the Geek.

We do our best to provide a varied and diverse look at BGG each week. Found a post that you think should be featured? Shoot us a Geekmail.

Thanks,
Brad

April Promos are Now Live!
Interested in the latest promos for your favorite games? Head over to the Geek Store and pick up the latest additions.

Quick Marketplace Listing Added for Geeklist Auctions
Do you hold game auctions using geeklists? The BGG team has put out a new feature that will make this much easier. The Quick Listing feature allows you to add games listed on the geeklist into the BGG Marketplace. Pretty spiffy.

Milestone: 2,000,000 Images Uploaded
Wow, 2 million images have been uploaded to BoardGameGeek. That is a staggering amount. They range from necessary game box images to beautiful component pictures. There are even thousands of cleavage shots, searching for thumbs. Joking aside, this is quite the accomplishment. Any favorite images you have uploaded? Post them in the comments.

Communicating in BoardGameGeek can be done via the many forums, but you can also reach out directly via GeekMail. Follow these instructions to learn how to use this BGG specific communication method.

Jilted at the Game Table
Your popcorn is popped, your Pringles are also popped (the fun don't stop), and then no-one shows up for game night. Has this happened to you? User [user=filwi]filwi[/user] experienced this and responded with a hilarious monologue of trying to play several strictly multiplayer games by himself. Be sure to give it a read.
Read on...

Games the BGGers Fixed
The BGG community is awesome. For almost every board game in existence, users have generated add ons and helps to improve the experience. This geeklist has users sharing games that BGG contributions fixed for them. Do you have a game that you own but don't like for some reason? Perhaps the BGG community has already fixed it for you.
View the list...

Excellence in Session Reports
I was rightfully scolded last week for my neglect of session reports in these roundups. I would be remise if I did not mention this comprehensive geeklist honoring some of the best session reports on the site. The best session reports combine skilled creative writing with attention to detail. These are truly unique items on BGG.
View the list...

Gaming in the Hot Tub
Weather at the Welshly Arms with your love-ah or relaxing at a busy game convention, user [user=kataclysm]kataclysm[/user] asks, can you game in a hottub? The resulting geeklist collects games that can be played in such a setting, with waterproof pieces and a minimal setup. Be sure to consult this list before your next water-based vacation.
View the list...

"Positive" Comments
Are there any cliche phrases tossed around the hobby that you have begun to ignore? User [user=Patrick Carroll]Patrick Carroll[/user] has put together a somewhat curmudgeonly list of phrases they have grown deaf to. Swing on by and join in the collective sigh.
Check it out...

Board Game Shops from Other Countries
User [user=whipy]whipy[/user] posted pictures of two game shops they visited in Dresden, Germany. It is very interesting to see a game shop in an entirely different country. That got me thinking, what do game shops look like in Russia? In Indonesia? In Brazil? If you have pictures of your local game shop, send them to me and I will compile a geeklist or something!
Read on...

Gamify Networking
User [user=gr9yfox]gr9yfox[/user] has created a game with rules that fit on one side of business car and is played with other business cards. This is an excellent idea for those in gaming professions as it is both memorable and fitting. It is taking networking to the next level.
Read on...

Walt OHara Reviews Knockout!
This boxing simulation game stands out based on its art. Walt OHara has taken a quick look at the game, highlighting the simply gameplay. Be sure to give this one a look.
Watch the Review...

Posted by:[user=amberaleman]amberaleman[/user]
Image Discussion Thread

Youtube Video

Video Discussion Thread

The Gamblers of Catan
This fan made expansion brings Craps to the worlds of The Settlers of Catan. If your group enjoys gambling mechanics, consider adding this to spice up this modern classic.
Download the File

[poll=137624]

Get these updates sent to your email by subscribing here.
Source: The Geek Weekly Issue #11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: