Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 13:18:30 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Hey, Err , What are you at , Man? - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BGG: Machi Koro Reviewed and More - The Geek Weekly #14  (Read 1511 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« on: 18 May 2014, 02:00:04 »

Machi Koro Reviewed and More - The Geek Weekly #14

by Brad Cummings

Welcome to The Geek Weekly(TGW), a weekly roundup of interesting things happening on BoardGameGeek.com. Every day hundreds of comments and posts are made on BGG; it's impossible to keep track of it all. That's why we've created TGW as a way to highlight great content from around the Geek.

We do our best to provide a varied and diverse look at BGG each week. Found a post that you think should be featured? Shoot us a Geekmail.

Thanks,
Brad

BGG.Con Special Guests Announced
Have you registered for BGG.Con yet? Early registration ends soon, so make sure to sign up today. This week we announced our special guests including [user=richardolen2]Rich Sommer[/user], Alan R. Moon, and Eric M. Lang.

GenCon Preview Coming June 2nd!
W. Eric Martin has been hard at work compiling a list of all the games that will be shown at GenCon 2014. This is a massive undertaking and required coordinating with hundreds of game publishers. Be sure to keep on eye on BoardGameGeek news, when the list is released on June 2nd.

BoardGameGeek.com is an amazing collection of data. Sometimes it can be a lot to keep track of. Follow these instructions to learn how to mine data from BGG for your own use.

A Journey in Star Trek Gaming
Do you remember your path into fandom? User [user=SeanXor]SeanXor[/user] shares his journey into the world of Star Trek. It is an interesting read as it goes through the many media (board games included) that led to becoming a fan.
Read on…

Kick It To Eleven!
BoardGameGeek uses a 10 point scale for rating board games. If you have a game you like, make sure to rate it as it helps determine where games show up in the rankings. While many debate the criteria for giving a game one number or another, we all know it does not go to 11. But, if you could rate one game an 11, what would it be? Check out other users responses on this geek list.
View the list...

The Desolation of Ashardalon
This cool session report uses a Hobbit themed variant for Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game. While the movie was terrible, user [user=2d20]2d20[/user] makes sneaking into Smaug’s lair sound downright exhilarating.
Read on…

Achievement Unlocked
Achievements have been  staple of videos games from XBOX Live to Game Center. They are often interesting ways to create a higher replay value by challenging you to play the game in a different way. This thread discuss achievements in board game mentioning some that already have them and suggesting some for games that don’t include them. What kind of achievements would you add for your favorite game?
View the list...

Goooooooooal!
When I teach a game, the first question I receive is usually: What is the goal? How do I win? While I often answer snarkily “You win by getting points,” I would love to learn a more helpful response. In this geek list users are summarizing the goals to some popular games. I plan to refer to this list when introducing a new game. Have a good summary? Make sure to add it to the list.
View the list...

Ender’s Pictorial Machi Koro Review
This recent import from Japan is hotter than a [insert playfully racist simile here]. The renowned [user=EndersGame]EndersGame[/user] has taken a look at the game, giving a full breakdown with excellent pictures. Be sure to give it a read and see if this game is for you.
Read the Review...

Posted by:[user=bschremp]bschremp[/user]
Image Discussion Thread

Youtube Video

Video Discussion Thread

Marvel Dice Masters Check List
As mentioned before, Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men has been on the hotness for a while now. It is a collectable dice game with several different cards of various rarity. This list catalogs all of the available cards and their rarity. This is a great reference for collectors.
Download the File

[poll=138931]

Get these updates sent to your email by subscribing here.
Source: Machi Koro Reviewed and More - The Geek Weekly #14
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: