Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
26 April 2024, 19:25:40 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Listen, you footwarriors, can you hold hard a bit with the firing? I`ve just got three impromptu weddings breaking out behind me. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BGG: Your Family as Board Games and more - The Geek Weekly Issue #16  (Read 1667 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« on: 30 May 2014, 18:30:04 »

Your Family as Board Games and more - The Geek Weekly Issue #16

by Brad Cummings

Welcome to The Geek Weekly(TGW), a weekly roundup of interesting things happening on BoardGameGeek.com. Every day hundreds of comments and posts are made on BGG; it's impossible to keep track of it all. That's why we've created TGW as a way to highlight great content from around the Geek.

We do our best to provide a varied and diverse look at BGG each week. Found a post that you think should be featured? Shoot us a Geekmail.

Thanks,
Brad

You know what I’m doing this weekend? Playing boatloads of Mario Kart 8. This latest installment features the ability to broadcast videos straight to YouTube. I will do that for sure and upload these to VideoGameGeek.com. That being said, it is probably a good week to learn about sharing videos on the geek. The site currently supports Youtube and Vimeo.

Carrying Small Games Around
Some of my favorite games come in small boxes. Even previous Speil des Jahres winner Hanabi can easily fit in a pocket. In this thread users discuss carrying small games around with you, to always have on on hand. What do you carry with you? Have you ever been ready with a game right when it is needed?
Read on…

War in the 21st Century
Many war games focus on event that happened in the past, most stopping around the Cold War. However, as we know, new conflicts are happening around us constantly. This geeklist is a collection of games that focus on conflicts from the 21st century. These can certainly hit close to home but also provide a keen insight into the current world around us.
View the list…

Miniature Gaming on the Cheap
Miniature gaming can be an amazing hobby. The figures look amazing and painting them is a whole task in itself. Add that the fun of designing terrain and you have yourself quite the pastime. Of course miniature gaming can also be mighty expensive. This blogpost details the process of converting some everyday army men into full fledged miniature game pieces. Check out the amazing transformation below.
Read on…

Your Family as Board Games
Which board games would you use to sum up your family? It’s a strange question, I know, but also a bit fascinating. The geeklist below is a collection of users answering this question. For me? I guess my daughter would be Don't Break the Ice, my wife Things... and I would be Red November. Ok, now your turn!
Join in…

Tiles of All Shapes and Sizes
Games are toys. Adult, professional, totally normal, toys, but toys nonetheless. One element of there appeal are the excellent pieces and bits. This week we have a geeklist focusing on interesting tiles in games. These examples really show the diversity and creativity of the genre. Be sure to give it a look.
Read on…

Evolution Review
Evolution is still on Kickstarter, but is already creating a lot of buzz in the community. I played it at PAX East and enjoyed it. This week we have a review of this rising star from user [user=dghughes]dghughes[/user]. They do a good job of breaking down the game and giving it an honest critique. This should be useful information if you viewed the Kickstarter and were not clear on what the game was. Be sure to check it out.
Read the Review...

Posted by:[user=xBino]xBino[/user]
Image Discussion Thread

Youtube Video
Video Discussion Thread

Lords of the Rings: The Card Game Player Mat
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is a unique cooperative deck building game that is amazing at really capturing a world and feel. In order to further the experience, we have a nice player board to not only help with game flow but also add some new thematic trappings. Be sure to check out this cool addition.
Download the File

[poll=139532]

Get these updates sent to your email by subscribing here.
Source: Your Family as Board Games and more - The Geek Weekly Issue #16
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: