Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 April 2024, 12:05:52 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
No, we just stopped fiddling with them.I think this ship has a far better idea of where it`s going then we do. - Ford Prefect
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raiders of the Game Cupboard - Seeking new Home  (Read 3824 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 14 June 2014, 02:01:15 »

Hi Folks,

The Raiders of the Game Cupboard Committee have the unfortunate task to announce that the June 21st event will be the very last one to be held at the Salvation Army Hall.

The hall is to be closed as the cost of needed repairs are too high, you can read about this here: http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Sally-Army-HQ-to-close-as-building-is-found-unsafe-20140609163122.htm

They have confirmed with us that the June event can still go ahead but that will be the last we can hold there. This is not the end however we are already scouring the area for alternative venues and we are committed to doing our very best to find a suitable location at a price we can all afford.

Please keep an eye on the Website, Forum and you can also register for the newsletter for news on our progress. We have already looked at one possibility and there are several other locations we are actively contacting for details.

Thanks to everyone who has ever attended one of our events as it is your enjoyment that makes our efforts over the years worthwhile.

We hope that the June event will prove to be as much fun as all our previous events and our plan is to have a collection for the Salvation Army to show our gratitude for all their help and support during our tenure at their premises.

We appreciate you patience during this difficult time and hope to see you all again wherever we end up.

Best Regards,
The Raiders of the Game Cupboard Committee

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2014, 02:31:18 »

Great News from Raiders of the Game Cupboard Committee:

Prior to the June 2014 event the committee has been researching a number of replacement venues and I am glad to say that we are now in a position to formerly announce the new location for Raiders of the Game Cupboard:

Waterside Community Centre
Heath Road
Stapenhill
Burton on Trent
DE15 9LF

Facilities
The Waterside Community Centre has a Car Park!, Toilets and a Kitchen that can be used but at your own risk.

As well as its own parking there is a limited amount of on-street parking outside the hall, although there are double-yellows on the hall side of the road. As you approach the hall from Rosliston Road there is a side street called Byron Ave that appears to have on-street parking options as well. As normal vehicles are parked at the owners own risk.

As this is a residential area we ask that you please respect our new neighbours during your arrival and departure.

Directions:
From Spirit Games:

Head northeast on High St toward Bridge St/A511
Slight left onto Wetmore Rd/A511 Continue to follow A511
Turn left onto Bridge St/A511 Continue to follow A511
Turn right onto Stapenhill Rd/A444
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Main St
Continue onto Rosliston Rd
Turn right onto Heath Rd
Waterside Community Centre will be on your left hand side

Example Bus Route:
Burton on Trent Train Station to Waterside Community Centre

Pricing:
We are in the midst of moving to a new Hall so the ticket price is under review.
There will be a need to make a modest increase in the price (the first in 7 years!!) to: £ 3.00 for Adults, accompanied Children under 16 £free.

Please Note:
All pricing will now be subject to constant review as we settle into the new hall and find our feet. We will always endeavour to announce changes in advance of any event.

Dates:
The next event will be on the 27th September 2014, we have also provisionally booked dates through 2015 but these will be subject to a future announcement as there are a few points to work out first.

We look forward to welcoming you all to the new hall in September.

Best Regards
The Committee
« Last Edit: 03 July 2014, 08:51:51 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: