Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 April 2024, 20:56:14 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Life! Don`t talk to me about life - Marvin (The Paranoid Android!)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Company of Fools - Blog  (Read 178981 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #210 on: 30 July 2014, 09:30:04 »

The Vayham Company

Here are images of all the NPC's & NPC Protégé’s associated with the  Company in Vayham

Esme

Nyadryn 

Varill

Source: The Vayham Company

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #211 on: 30 July 2014, 13:00:05 »

Strange Wortld of Random Doom - Episode Seven

what happened 

Sadly I forgot to get any screen shots of the game this time my excuse being that it was  such a tense and involving session I completely forgot to do so as we had our hearts in our mouths most of the time waiting for our commando tactics to fail

Starting from outside the bandits fort we waited for night fall then worked our way in using stealth and tactics climb the walls unseen and to neutralise all the guards around the outside wall except for those guarding the gates as those where backed up by an ogre which we did not much want to fight if it could be avoided.

Then we scaled the keep unseen and entered it through the roof and continuing as stealthily as we could we neutralized the off duty ogre guard and broke in on the bands leader and his guards. The guards common orcs fell easily enough but their leader proved to be our old foe from  episode 1&2 the were rat. he was  less than pleased to see us again and was put to flight by slung silver coins and the fear of more silver'd weapons but not before he had bitten the companies priest badly and raised the alarm. 

A desperate fight followed where we defeated the other ogre and two more bandits however the sleeping off shift despite being alerted seems fortunately for us to have mostly fled along with their master. We subsequently looted the place and found and released around half the towns folk form the town by the lake. Before we burned the fort to render it uninhabitable by returning or future bandits we recovered news that the bandits had taken most of the captives north to put them on boats as slaves an a lot of paper work which Coradwin was going to study and try to work out what was going on and if it was linked to any larger organisation.

We returned the released captives to their town before retiring to recover form our wounds at the manor where we reflected on our experience and planed the next phase of operations.

by the end of which we had all levelled up but our incautious priest who was savagely bitten by the were rat
succumbed to the same disease and will need to be hunted down in his turn.as we can not let another such threat stand

Source: Strange Wortld of Random Doom - Episode Seven

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #212 on: 30 July 2014, 13:00:05 »

Coradwins Livery

This is a conceptual design for a man at arms in the Livery of Lord Coradwin and another of the megalomaniac mages project. The image is taken straight from Heromachine 3 with no modification other than taking it into GIMP and blowing it up to fit on an A4 canvas

Source: Coradwins Livery

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #213 on: 30 July 2014, 18:52:39 »

I am working on all the needed images at the moment pausing only to go off and do my work. they should feed through to here some time today

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #214 on: 30 July 2014, 20:00:07 »

Fawlit a Work in progress

just a start the raw Hero Machine image

I a even at this stage quite pleased with the face in particular the rest of the torso need quite some work as the overlay of the parts is not perfect but the face gets Fawlit's eagerness across I think at least

The finished image will be added to the Original Company post I did this morning along with the others 

Source: Fawlit a Work in progress

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #215 on: 30 July 2014, 20:00:07 »

Nyassor

another one started 

Probably going to go back and use HeroMachine to colour the image rather than working directly form this but after much fiddling about we have a Nyassor with which I am happy. How fidling about when I only started this this morning well Nyassor features in  Adventures Elsewhere and I have been trying to get the image the way I wanted it since just after I started the Zen & elf queen ones I posted some time ago 

Source: Nyassor

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #216 on: 30 July 2014, 23:30:03 »

Nyassor

another one started 

Probably going to go back and use HeroMachine to colour the image rather than working directly form this but after much fiddling about we have a Nyassor with which I am happy. How fidling about when I only started this this morning well Nyassor features in  Adventures Elsewhere and I have been trying to get the image the way I wanted it since just after I started the Zen & elf queen ones I posted some time ago

The coloured in version of the same image which will form the base and which I feel needs quite a lot of work especially with the dark skin tone

Source: Nyassor

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #217 on: 31 July 2014, 12:30:05 »

Americ

and another

A simple base image for a change direct form HeroMachine for further work

Source: Americ

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #218 on: 31 July 2014, 12:30:05 »

Pod Casting the show tonight

Has been delayed 

I had planed to be all set up to pod cast tonight's episode of the Company of Fools but I have regretfully to say that this is another of the many things I have not got done in time this week so there will still be pod casting just not pod casting tonight I am sad to say. I an going to make the attempt to get set up for the next session and we shall have to see I am afraid if I actually manage it.

Source: Pod Casting the show tonight

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #219 on: 31 July 2014, 12:30:05 »

Minor Mile stone

Has been reached and Must I feel be commented on - the Blog passed passed two thousand page views in a month for the first time today. Its nice to see progress continues to be made, I just wish I had the time to get more done to be honest as I would like this blog and the game it supports to really take of. Its that good 

Source: Minor Mile stone

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #220 on: 31 July 2014, 19:30:03 »

Last Call for A Company of fools Episode Twenty one

Preamble 

Whilst one group of  Hero's languish in the care of the great hospital of Vayham our tale returns to another currently waiting on the edge of a cultivated wood looking down hill at the ruins of a burned out farm and its surrounding fields and a goblin camp huddled behind a crude low stockade fence where a company of up till now unaware goblins rest form their labours in besieging the town.

In the cellar of  that ruined farm hide a pair of humans a young priest if the caregiver, sent down from the temple in Neffaria in the north and a up till recently sore wounded  house guard of one of the northern land holders who was rescued from under his slain horse by the priest the day after that fateful night when the goblins over ran the north of Vayham county and nursed back to health with the caregivers magic.

Whilst in the root cellar an eager young gnome from the far north sleeps of the fatigue of the one Gnome war he has been waging against the goblins since he crossed the border from Neffaria county and found the lands to the south plagued with the creatures. not entirely unlike home though in the gnome holds the goblins where never about in these numbers no as brazen.

However our resting travellers are not alone at the farm it would seem......

Source: Last Call for A Company of fools Episode Twenty one

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #221 on: 01 August 2014, 02:30:05 »

Session twenty one synopsis

Well a quick over view of the session every one is in Vayham despite that looking rather touch and go for a while and the new players and characters have been introduced and every one will have levelled up by the next time they sally forth.

Things are not however all roses, Fawlit got forcibly converted to the faith of the True and the temple of the True have the two dwarves in Protective Custardy as they may well get lynched if let out on the street.and the High Priest of the Caregiver has a very dirty job he needs done.

All this and more in Episode Twenty Two  

Source: Session twenty one synopsis

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #222 on: 01 August 2014, 18:30:06 »

Sondan

yet another one

Another work in progress portrait, however I think I need to go back into HeroMachine and resize the helmet a bit as they are never that close fitting I also I think need to add some hair perhaps ans the obviously missing ears and do a couple of tweaks of that sort then start form that base.However more progress is being made and I could also take the opportunity to tone down some of the black lines as very dark brown or a dark end of the colour is easier to work with I find and this is always something that I forget

Source: Sondan

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #223 on: 01 August 2014, 22:00:05 »

The Original Company

Here are images of all the NPC's & NPC Protégé’s associated with the Original Company

Sondan

I am quite happy with that as I feel it gets over the image of the clan cut soldier he is and quite how young he is as well which is always the thing which sticks in my mind about soldiers when you see pictures of them

Dvorn the Axe

Fawlit

Liamar  

Nyasse 

Nyassor

Americ 

Myranaris 

or rather there will be as I do them

Source: The Original Company

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #224 on: 02 August 2014, 01:30:04 »

Fawlit a Work in progress

just a start the raw Hero Machine image

I a even at this stage quite pleased with the face in particular the rest of the torso need quite some work as the overlay of the parts is not perfect but the face gets Fawlit's eagerness across I think at least

The finished image will be added to the Original Company post I did this morning along with the others 

Work is under way principally adding additional subtleties of shading and fading out or removing the black lines I forgot to with HeroMachine I have also been trying to build on the basic expression a bit more I am not sure quite how successfully and done some general tidying up around the image

Source: Fawlit a Work in progress

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: