Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 April 2024, 08:16:05 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox, this is a very large drink. Hi - Zaphod
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Company of Fools - Blog  (Read 178944 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #480 on: 22 September 2014, 14:30:09 »

Scenes form the north

Hight Mountains

Wastes in winter

the Grinding ice

all curtsey of deviant art

Source: Scenes form the north

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #481 on: 22 September 2014, 21:30:05 »

An Epic Tale form another part of Kalamar VI

The Story Continues

The Urze was slain, but rest was not yet  earned by our heroes. Due to the rain, an ogre was looking for shelter  and food. He saw the cave and Kalamor and gave a disease-filled toothy grin. The ogre tossed aside the corpse  of the goblin guard he'd found and went after a fresher meal. He was so  outclassed.
While Kalamor dove for weapon and shield, Frug threw his cooking stick aside and charged the giant. To everyone's  shock, the diminutive gnome altered form into that of a great brown  bear, easily matching size with the ogre and stopping it cold in the  entrance of the cave. Darius annd Ngithol moved to flank while Kalamor blessed his allies. The ogre never stood a chance.
Sleep came quickly after that, with the regular watch assignments. In the early morning, before everyone was awake, both Kalamor and Darius were focusing on their morning prayers; Kalamor down by the creek, and Darius at the mouth of the cave. It was that  momentary distraction that allowed the elves to sneak up on the servant  of the swift sword.
Three  elves in total, all looking battle-weary, wanted to know why a group of  adventurers had entered their territory, and with a kobold, no less! Kalamor and Darius explained their situation while Ngithol's flippant attitude did little to help. Their leader, Laer-Thuil, a female wood elf bearing the markings of both a ranger and the Golden Arrows, accepted their tale before requesting their aid. Her party was tracking a group of Orc through the Fyban.  It had been years since any Orc dared enter the forest, and not in the  numbers reported by scouts. The elves were ambushed and barely escaped  with their lives. Even worse, Laer-Thuil all but confirmed the leader of these Orc was the lost Tanarukk,  a demon-blooded Orc born in the blood of Orcus worshippers. He had  evaded the destruction of his kin, and appears to be amassing a horde.
Darius was quick to accept the quest, and the others were but a breath behind him. Orcs are no friend of the good races. Malvus offered to earn Drhyff and finish business with the Kobolds. He would  meet up with them afterward. After mending some wounds, the heroes broke  camp and made haste to Rurr, a small logging outpost in the middle of  the forest. It would likely be their first target. There the orcs could  gain much needed weapons and food. With the elves as guides and scouts,  travel was only hampered by their overall speed, and not much of that,  even. Before long, the heroes encountered a group of orcs on an advance  scouting mission. The very same that ambushed and killed Laer-thuil's brethren. It was only fair that they return the favor.
What a bloodbath it was. Darius and Kalamor took the advance charge, while the elves laid out suppressive fire. Laer-thuil loosed arrows from her bow that froze in mid-air before sinking deep  into her targets. It was an impressive show of force. The Orc archers  were routed by A shapeshifted Frug, and Ngithol kept anything from getting clean shots at both Kalamor and the elves.
With the orcs dispatched, Laer-Thuil interrogated a survivor and confirmed her suspicions about the Tanarukk and the orcs target of Rurr. Wounds forced the party to rest, but they  knew their small group would still make better time than the warband. It  would only be a few more hours before they reached the outpost. The  people were warned and began evacuation while the party resupplied and  set out to delay the warband.

Source: An Epic Tale form another part of Kalamar VI

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #482 on: 23 September 2014, 01:00:06 »

the Blood-Clans of Jorikk

a review of the project so far

to follow in the morning

Source: the Blood-Clans of Jorikk

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #483 on: 23 September 2014, 11:30:07 »

the Blood-Clans of Jorikk

a review of the project so far

Introduction

Whilst this will eventually also be eventually released  as a PDF or PDFs and a Hard copy background supplement  at the moment the work consists of the web site alone.  Which is in itself a work in progress.

In more detail 
I have work to do but I will continue with this when I have the chance

Source: the Blood-Clans of Jorikk

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #484 on: 23 September 2014, 11:30:08 »

Minor Mile stone

Yesterday the number of post views not only broke the previous days  record of  one hundred and ninety six but also toped two hundred for the first time ever reaching two hundred and eleven. I am feeling rather chuffed at this as its always nice to know some one is reading this.

Source: Minor Mile stone

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #485 on: 23 September 2014, 11:30:08 »

More evocative images of the North lands

Rare herd of game grazing by a melt lake
Northern wastes in summer looking north

None of these are mine just mined off the internet with an image search but intended to give the players in against the Robots a feel for the environment 

Source: More evocative images of the North lands

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #486 on: 24 September 2014, 01:00:09 »

Battle Map for Against the Robots

Done with GIMP on an A3 canvas this is the first attempt I have made at drawing a random encounter map for the Against the robots game and I feel it needs some more tweaking but an still thinking about quite how. It is meant  to show a typical small isolated rural farm probably built by southern immigrants and mostly designed for subsistence farming. It features the typical small thatched cottage tower shaped grain store couple of southern deciduous trees all surrounded by the riot of colour that is the more fertile part of the northern wastes in summer thought the plants are not the native grasses and succulent vetches found south of the gap though the farmers have attempted to plant a small meadow around the permafrost summer melt pond and their imported trees.

Be warned expect more in a similar vein as I prepare for the game which should be Monday next week I hope

Source: Battle Map for Against the Robots

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #487 on: 24 September 2014, 01:00:10 »

More battle maps for the Against the Robots

The wilds in summer 

Source: More battle maps for the Against the Robots

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #488 on: 24 September 2014, 11:00:06 »

Minor Milestone

No big one this time but I have to comment  the daily page views being over one hundred now for four days in a run this is the first time that has ever happened and I feel quite chuffed.

Source: Minor Milestone

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #489 on: 24 September 2014, 11:00:07 »

Assorted Urban Maps

I did these for write ups of the urban interlude for a Company of Fools but I am quite proud of them especially as they where frankly a swine to do and stretched my small talent at such things

First the basic lay out of the town a sketch map the sort a character might draw in the field

Then a couple of Street Maps showing the different sections of the town in more detail. I do intend to do more but I am rather pout off by the complexity of the urban map as opposed to the rural one.

Source: Assorted Urban Maps

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #490 on: 24 September 2014, 18:00:04 »

The More Barren Parts of the Wastes

Evocative   Images

Deep in the wastes
Seasonal Melt water Stream
Central Plain
The more fertile edges of the wastes
Mostly images looted form an internet image search on Iceland but blown up larger than perhaps they should be they take on a painting like quality and evoke the hard and often forbidding lands north of the gap and that is before you reach the Mountains of the Giants of the sea of Grinding ice.

Source: The More Barren Parts of the Wastes

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #491 on: 25 September 2014, 11:00:44 »

Minor Milestone

I have to comment on this because I am a bit chuffed about it to be honest that the page view count has been over a hundred a day now  for the last five days now its never done that before. It also means that the blog is raising more funds for the people it supports  which is also good.

Source: Minor Milestone

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #492 on: 25 September 2014, 17:30:09 »

Shields a consideration

Introduction 

Some thoughts on how shields work in the real world and haw to model that in a way that works for HackMaster 5e. I wont claim to be able to cover every thing but I do hope to give the reader something to think about and add verisimilitude of not realism to their games

Basic types of shield
more to follow

Source: Shields a consideration

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #493 on: 25 September 2014, 17:30:09 »

More from the People we suport here

Some more images form Burton Wildlife Rescue showing the width of their work an what the funds raised here go towards

Stuff to follow

Source: More from the People we suport here

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #494 on: 25 September 2014, 17:30:09 »

A Nothern Wastes Battle Mat

I am building up a collection of these for Against the Robots

Source: A Nothern Wastes Battle Mat