Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
23 April 2024, 11:51:33 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`m Game, we`ll see who rusts first. - Arthur Dent
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Company of Fools - Blog  (Read 178659 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #525 on: 01 October 2014, 01:00:11 »

Against the Robots Episode 0ne

what happened in the session

Well the honest answer is nothing really we had just made a  some what delayed start with half the players present when the GM's internet connection went down and after around an hour of trying to work out why and fix it and failing and beginning to get rather annoyed  he decided that going to bed was in order it being after one am UK time at that point so this seemed a good choice.

However the pre game chat did come to the conclusion that we should perhaps run it at a more sociable time as we have people in a fair spread of time zones form  GMT-6 to GMT +2 all of whom have day jobs and non gaming lives which can get in the way  .

Source: Against the Robots Episode 0ne

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #526 on: 01 October 2014, 11:30:05 »

A Minor Milestone

I have to pass comment as the number of page views last month was another all time record at two thousand six hundred. I am quietly chuffed as the more page views the more that gets raised to support Burton Wildlife Rescue and its good work.

Source: A Minor Milestone

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #527 on: 02 October 2014, 11:30:04 »

Consolidated Nortlands Summer maps Part I

All the Maps I have done so far and which will be going up on the Against the Robots game over the week end.

Farm

Wilds one

Wilds two

Wilds Three

Wilds four

River crossing at farms edge

The Road house

The Village

Source: Consolidated Nortlands Summer maps Part I

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #528 on: 02 October 2014, 11:30:04 »

Some Maths for HackMaster

None of this is my work but I think its well worth making as widely available as possible so this reposting is by way of helping it along

Dice Statistics

Why Statistics matter

‘Dice: Deception, Fate & Rotten Luck’ by Ricky Jay
Most roleplaying games are played with dice, which job is to generate  a random number; these random numbers represent chance, which – without  initiating a philosophical discussion – is that part of life we can’t  do anything about. These numbers are further modified by our skills in  the different tasks are most honoured and revered Dungeon Master /  Hackmaster / Game Master – the names of this esteemed individual are  many, and all rightfully said with the utmost respect when uttering this  magnificent individual’s title and name – sees fit to give us, the  players. Now, any Dungeon Master worth his salt would cast the evil eye  upon any player trying to make decisions on, say, which weapon to  choose, based on the arithmetical data provided in the books, rather  than making this decision based on the colourful, vivid description  given by his or her highly respectable person. This is where I, a  Dungeon Master and Hackmaster, provide you with the exact knowledge you –  the player – need to figure out everything you need to know to make  just such choices (all the more to your Dungeon Master’s distress).
Why would you do such a thing?, you’d might ask. Well, the  more you know, the better you can play; the more you understand the  mechanics of the game, the better you can have informed discussions with  your game’s esteemed leader, when you want to contribute and make the  game even better for everyone. And, of course, all such discussions are  done during breaks or between sessions. Metagaming is  disrespectful to players and Dungeon Master alike, who are trying to  create a mood and feel for the story everyone are participating in, and  should be avoided at all costs.
For your convenience, at the end of this article, I will provide you  with a link to a pdf document showing the formulae and numbers for some  normal die pools. The document may be shared freely, as long as it is  done so in it’s entirety. Should you quote me, feel free to let me know.

Nomenclature and the mechanics of different die rolls

Let’s get things straight right away. The correct way to name these polyhedra we love to hate, is one die, many dice.  If you are interested in learning everything you need and do not need  to know about dice, take a look at this excellent document by Kenzer and  Company, called On Dice.  It discusses nomenclature, dice etiquette, the nature of dice (they are  inherently evil, you know), how to choose which dice to purchase, what  to do when good dice go bad, how to roll dice, and so on. Take a look at  it; it’s a good read. 
Shorthand for writing what kind of dice a player should roll, is quite simple: m dice, d, of n sides each, for example 2d6, means that a player should roll two six-sided dice and add the numbers. In many games, however, exploding dice are used. This means you get to keep rerolling the die as long as you  get the maximum number, adding all together. In this article, i will  denote this dice as mdnx, for example 3d6x. Using the  above example, rolling 3, 6 and 5 on these three dice, and getting the  series 6, 6, 6, 6, 4 on the mid die (= 28 – you get the full sum) would  yield a total of 36. Now that is painful.
In Hackmaster, most die rolls are so-called penetrating dice. These are a special case of exploding dice, and are denoted by adding a p at the end, which means that a player should keep rolling as long as  the player gets the die’s maximum, but deduct one for every roll past  the first. An example notation would be 3d6p; if the player rolls  these three six-sided dice, and got the same numbers as above (3, 6 and  5) on these three dice, and got the same series of numbers with the mid  die as above (6, 6, 6, 6, 4), he would get the following result:
  • Die 1: 3. Total: 3
  • Die  2: 6 → penetrating roll, the whole series of rolls being 6, 6, 6, 6, 4)  → resulting sum of this die is 6 + (6 − 1) + (6 − 1) + (6 − 1) + (4 −  1) = 6 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 3 = 24.
  • Die 3: 5
  • Result: 32.
It  is perhaps not as painful as with the regular exploding die, but three  six-sided dice yielding 32 damage still hurts like hell.
Blood Dice

The different die rolls

Regular die rolls, dn,
rolls with a regular die, where n is the number of sides of the die
Everyone probably already know the basic formula for calculating the expected result of a standard die roll. If your die has n, numbered 1 through n, your expected result will be (n + 1) ÷ 2. For a six-sided die (from now on: d6), this yields the following:
 (n + 1) ÷ 2 =
(6 + 1) ÷ 2 =
7 ÷ 2 = 3½
But, wait a minute? Half of 6 is 3, isn’t it? Yes, of course, but half  of a d6 is not the same. Just take a look at the numbers a d6 can yield: 1, 2, 3 [halfpoint] 4, 5, 6As you can see, there are three numbers to the left of half-point, and  three numbers to the right. What’s midway between 3 and 4? The number 3½  of course. To find the average for any regular n-sided die, add 1 to n and divide the sum by two.
Exploding die rolls, dnx,
where you get to keep rolling and add the numbers, for as long as you roll the maximum
Eric T. Dobbs wrote a great article about these dice a couple of years ago, in which he shows how he came to a formula correctly giving the expected result for an n-sided exploding die. Here’s his conclusion:
For  any N-sided die numbered 1 to N with all sides equally likely, the  exploding modifier will increase the die’s expected value by a factor of  N ÷ (N − 1).
In other words, you get the following formula: ((n + 1) ÷ 2) × (n ÷ (n − 1))
(Eric Dobb’s)
which may be shortened to
(n² + n) ÷ (2n − 2)
(by me (any mistakes are mine))
Penetrating die rolls, dnp,
where you get to keep rolling and add the numbers, for as long as  you roll the maximum, but deduct 1 on every roll after the first
Surprisingly, the formula for figuring out the expected value for a  penetrating die roll, is incredibly simple. Now, Mr Dobbs didn’t have  the time to do it mathematically, so he did some number crunching  instead, and ended up with this:
½n + 1
It’s quite beautiful in it’s simplicity, isn’t it? With this simple formula, anyone can do the math in their heads.
The special case of the thief’s backstab ability in Hackmaster
In the game Hackmaster, a thief may make a backstab if using a knife or dagger. This allows him to make damage amounting to 2d4p, but his or her dice penetrate on the maximum and second highest number.  This surprisingly makes the backstab attack preferable to wielding  larger weapons. A thief’s backstab is in fact better than weapons that  do d12p damage, and matches weapons that do 2d6p or 2d12p+1 damage. The  formula for calculating a thief’s special backstab damage, is as  follows, again with courtesy of Mr Dobbs:
(n² + n − 4) ÷ (2n − 4)
Expected damage with the puny dagger is in fact 8 full points of damage; that’ just average damage…

How to abu… use this power

Finally you can figure out how to do the most damage, as  effectively as possible and with mathematical precision! Are you better  off going for the 1d12 og 2d6 damage weapon? Should the Hackmaster thief  opt for the simple dagger, or put his wagers on something more  stalwart, such as a sword? I hope the formulae provided will be  benefitial in your search for the best weapons and tactics. I did the  calculations, so any errors are mine. I also did the shortening of ((n +  1) ÷ 2) × ( n ÷ (n − 1)) to (n² + n) ÷ (2n − 2); if anything was wrong  in how that was done, the error is mine. And here is the document i  promised: Terningstatistikk – Dice Statistics

This article simultanously posted on Canned Blog.
Mr. K.

Now even I get it ;)

Source: Some Maths for HackMaster

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #529 on: 02 October 2014, 21:30:04 »

Some Maths for HackMaster

None of this is my work but I think its well worth making as widely available as possible so this reposting is by way of helping it along

Dice Statistics

Why Statistics matter

‘Dice: Deception, Fate & Rotten Luck’ by Ricky Jay
Most roleplaying games are played with dice, which job is to generate  a random number; these random numbers represent chance, which – without  initiating a philosophical discussion – is that part of life we can’t  do anything about. These numbers are further modified by our skills in  the different tasks are most honoured and revered Dungeon Master /  Hackmaster / Game Master – the names of this esteemed individual are  many, and all rightfully said with the utmost respect when uttering this  magnificent individual’s title and name – sees fit to give us, the  players. Now, any Dungeon Master worth his salt would cast the evil eye  upon any player trying to make decisions on, say, which weapon to  choose, based on the arithmetical data provided in the books, rather  than making this decision based on the colourful, vivid description  given by his or her highly respectable person. This is where I, a  Dungeon Master and Hackmaster, provide you with the exact knowledge you –  the player – need to figure out everything you need to know to make  just such choices (all the more to your Dungeon Master’s distress).
Why would you do such a thing?, you’d might ask. Well, the  more you know, the better you can play; the more you understand the  mechanics of the game, the better you can have informed discussions with  your game’s esteemed leader, when you want to contribute and make the  game even better for everyone. And, of course, all such discussions are  done during breaks or between sessions. Metagaming is  disrespectful to players and Dungeon Master alike, who are trying to  create a mood and feel for the story everyone are participating in, and  should be avoided at all costs.
For your convenience, at the end of this article, I will provide you  with a link to a pdf document showing the formulae and numbers for some  normal die pools. The document may be shared freely, as long as it is  done so in it’s entirety. Should you quote me, feel free to let me know.

Nomenclature and the mechanics of different die rolls

Let’s get things straight right away. The correct way to name these polyhedra we love to hate, is one die, many dice.  If you are interested in learning everything you need and do not need  to know about dice, take a look at this excellent document by Kenzer and  Company, called On Dice.  It discusses nomenclature, dice etiquette, the nature of dice (they are  inherently evil, you know), how to choose which dice to purchase, what  to do when good dice go bad, how to roll dice, and so on. Take a look at  it; it’s a good read. 
Shorthand for writing what kind of dice a player should roll, is quite simple: m dice, d, of n sides each, for example 2d6, means that a player should roll two six-sided dice and add the numbers. In many games, however, exploding dice are used. This means you get to keep rerolling the die as long as you  get the maximum number, adding all together. In this article, i will  denote this dice as mdnx, for example 3d6x. Using the  above example, rolling 3, 6 and 5 on these three dice, and getting the  series 6, 6, 6, 6, 4 on the mid die (= 28 – you get the full sum) would  yield a total of 36. Now that is painful.
In Hackmaster, most die rolls are so-called penetrating dice. These are a special case of exploding dice, and are denoted by adding a p at the end, which means that a player should keep rolling as long as  the player gets the die’s maximum, but deduct one for every roll past  the first. An example notation would be 3d6p; if the player rolls  these three six-sided dice, and got the same numbers as above (3, 6 and  5) on these three dice, and got the same series of numbers with the mid  die as above (6, 6, 6, 6, 4), he would get the following result:
  • Die 1: 3. Total: 3
  • Die  2: 6 → penetrating roll, the whole series of rolls being 6, 6, 6, 6, 4)  → resulting sum of this die is 6 + (6 − 1) + (6 − 1) + (6 − 1) + (4 −  1) = 6 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 3 = 24.
  • Die 3: 5
  • Result: 32.
It  is perhaps not as painful as with the regular exploding die, but three  six-sided dice yielding 32 damage still hurts like hell.
Blood Dice

The different die rolls

Regular die rolls, dn,
rolls with a regular die, where n is the number of sides of the die
Everyone probably already know the basic formula for calculating the expected result of a standard die roll. If your die has n, numbered 1 through n, your expected result will be (n + 1) ÷ 2. For a six-sided die (from now on: d6), this yields the following:
(n + 1) ÷ 2 =
(6 + 1) ÷ 2 =
7 ÷ 2 = 3½
But, wait a minute? Half of 6 is 3, isn’t it? Yes, of course, but half  of a d6 is not the same. Just take a look at the numbers a d6 can yield: 1, 2, 3 [halfpoint] 4, 5, 6As you can see, there are three numbers to the left of half-point, and  three numbers to the right. What’s midway between 3 and 4? The number 3½  of course. To find the average for any regular n-sided die, add 1 to n and divide the sum by two.
Exploding die rolls, dnx,
where you get to keep rolling and add the numbers, for as long as you roll the maximum
Eric T. Dobbs wrote a great article about these dice a couple of years ago, in which he shows how he came to a formula correctly giving the expected result for an n-sided exploding die. Here’s his conclusion:
For  any N-sided die numbered 1 to N with all sides equally likely, the  exploding modifier will increase the die’s expected value by a factor of  N ÷ (N − 1).
In other words, you get the following formula: ((n + 1) ÷ 2) × (n ÷ (n − 1))
(Eric Dobb’s)
which may be shortened to
(n² + n) ÷ (2n − 2)
(by me (any mistakes are mine))
Penetrating die rolls, dnp,
where you get to keep rolling and add the numbers, for as long as  you roll the maximum, but deduct 1 on every roll after the first
Surprisingly, the formula for figuring out the expected value for a  penetrating die roll, is incredibly simple. Now, Mr Dobbs didn’t have  the time to do it mathematically, so he did some number crunching  instead, and ended up with this:
½n + 1
It’s quite beautiful in it’s simplicity, isn’t it? With this simple formula, anyone can do the math in their heads.
The special case of the thief’s backstab ability in Hackmaster
In the game Hackmaster, a thief may make a backstab if using a knife or dagger. This allows him to make damage amounting to 2d4p, but his or her dice penetrate on the maximum and second highest number.  This surprisingly makes the backstab attack preferable to wielding  larger weapons. A thief’s backstab is in fact better than weapons that  do d12p damage, and matches weapons that do 2d6p or 2d12p+1 damage. The  formula for calculating a thief’s special backstab damage, is as  follows, again with courtesy of Mr Dobbs:
(n² + n − 4) ÷ (2n − 4)
Expected damage with the puny dagger is in fact 8 full points of damage; that’ just average damage…

How to abu… use this power

Finally you can figure out how to do the most damage, as  effectively as possible and with mathematical precision! Are you better  off going for the 1d12 og 2d6 damage weapon? Should the Hackmaster thief  opt for the simple dagger, or put his wagers on something more  stalwart, such as a sword? I hope the formulae provided will be  benefitial in your search for the best weapons and tactics. I did the  calculations, so any errors are mine. I also did the shortening of ((n +  1) ÷ 2) × ( n ÷ (n − 1)) to (n² + n) ÷ (2n − 2); if anything was wrong  in how that was done, the error is mine. And here is the document i  promised: Terningstatistikk – Dice Statistics

This article simultanously posted on Canned Blog.
Mr. K.

Now even I get it ;) and I hope now I have changed the colour of the text in the blocks every one can read it

Source: Some Maths for HackMaster

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #530 on: 02 October 2014, 21:30:04 »

If have slowed right down

Its because I  have a stinking cold at the moment yesterday I was going down with it which is why when I sat down to do something on here I didn't and just went to sleep fro twelve hours. I fortunately woke up in time for work but with a foul cold which is just about easing off now thanks to a steady attack of over the counter drugs various and the fact is probably running its cause any way.

I am at present also occupied in getting set for next weeks company of fools game as I seem cold not withstanding have beaten work into a state of control such that I was going to be able to combine work and gaming again indeed tonight's alternate game was supposed to be something of a dress rehearsal for that. Except I have afore mentioned stinking cold and much prefer deploying psychological cruelty against my player group than the biological kind. Also as default party leader in the alternate  game I actually have to thing and herd the rest of the players in something like the right direction. The Gm is almost as old twisted and evil as I am likes to keep me on my toes so I do have to be fully fit.

any way after the lull comes more stuff

Source: If have slowed right down

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #531 on: 02 October 2014, 21:30:05 »

Somthing for the future

A conversion of the map for one of the parts of the second Iron Gods book

It started of as a tracing of the map from the PDF but has been adapted and indeed is still being adapted as I work it into my bespoke setting. an this has included inserting a base layer which is the same one used for most of my northern wilds battle mats

I have quite a lot more work to do on this yet and I may not be needing it for some time however I wanted to get it up here and show it off as its the first attempt I have made at such a thing.

Source: Somthing for the future

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #532 on: 03 October 2014, 11:00:07 »

Advancing the Cause

HackMaster Books incoming

PHB
HoB

In association with Spirit Games  May be making Progress on the Getting HackMaster Core Rule Books back into Europe project. I will keep you updated on this.

However when the books come back into stock I will be going into Demo Frenzy and more or less any one who wants a go at HackMaster will get the chance.

I am also after a PHB & HOB as an additional copy of the books always comes in handy and a GMG when the book is published

Source: Advancing the Cause

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #533 on: 03 October 2014, 18:00:10 »

A New Kodt web strip

Just when you thought Jolly had forgotten how to draw here it comes and a new story

Part I

Link here

Part II
Link here
the rest is naturally to be found here on the Kodt site where you can also catch up with all the web strips so far .

Source: A New Kodt web strip

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #534 on: 03 October 2014, 18:00:10 »

More from the People we suport

a Wild goose chase with a happy ending 

Vulnerable Goose...
Two days ago we were called out to Mercia  Marina near Willington regarding a Canada goose that seemed to be  partially blind. Residents were feeding her as she was being bullied by  the other geese and also swans, however on Tuesday evening they became  concerned for her welfare when a visiting member of the public decided  to kick her, full force into the water. This upset many residents who  them decided to call is for help.
When we arrived, the goose was obviously  very nervous of people after her experience and took to the water  quickly. Once she was in the water we noticed she was swimming around in  circles and it was evident she could only see out of her left eye. We  threw her some bread which she ate then we made a plan on how to capture  her. 

The Rescued Goose
As she was blind in  her right eye, we decided to use this to our advantage. We coaxed her  out of the water and further onto land with bread. We then approached  her from her right side and, before she had time to process what was  going on, we managed to grab her. She put up a fight but then gave in.

We took her back to the sanctuary and put her into a paddock with other  geese. She should settle into the group and then she will be offered  full roam of the main field and pond area.

Goose at the Sanctuary 

as ever donations to support this work can be made here 

Source: More from the People we suport

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #535 on: 03 October 2014, 21:30:07 »

Some thoughts on converting Pathfinder creatures to HackMater

Since I am doing this quite a bit a the moment I thought  I would share some of my admittedly rather quick and dirty methods of doing it with you.

These rules apply to the unique stuff rather than to the creatures both systems share an Orc etc is an Orc even if you do need to adjust the numbers as an Orc in HackMaster is a nastier prospect than one in Pathfinder and I might consider swapping it out for say a goblin in low level adventures.

Starting with the Pathfinder stat block

Animated Object (Large) - created with Hero Lab®

The skeleton locked within rattles as this animated cage lurches forward on chain legs in search of new prisoners.

Animated Object (Large)    CR 5

XP 1,600

Male animated object (large)  (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 14)

N Large construct

Init -1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception -5

Defense

AC 14, touch 8, flat-footed 14 (-1 dexterity, +6 natural, -1 size)

hp 52 (4d10+30)

Fort +1, Ref +0, Will -4

Defensive Abilities hardness 5; Immune construct traits

Offense

Speed 30 ft.

Melee slam +9 (1d8+9)

Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.

Statistics

Str 22, Dex 8, Con —, Int —, Wis 1, Cha 1

Base Atk +4; CMB +11; CMD 20

Ecology

Environment Any

Organization Solitary, pair, or group (3-12)

Treasure None

Special Abilities

Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).

Hardness 5 Subtract Hardness from damage done.

Immunity to Ability Damage Immunity to ability damage

Immunity to Ability Drain Immunity to ability drain

Immunity to Bleeds You are immune to bleeds.

Immunity to Death and Necromancy effects You are immune to Death and Necromancy effects.

Immunity to Disease You are immune to diseases.

Immunity to Energy Drain Immune to energy drain

Immunity to Exhausted You are immune to the exhausted condition.

Immunity to Fatigue You are immune to the fatigued condition.

Immunity to Mind-Affecting effects You are immune to Mind-Affecting effects.

Immunity to Non-lethal Damage You are immune to Non-Lethal Damage

Immunity to Paralysis You are immune to paralysis.

Immunity to Poison You are immune to poison.

Immunity to Sleep You are immune to sleep effects.

Immunity to Stunning You are immune to being stunned.

Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
The skeleton locked within rattles as this animated cage lurches forward on chain legs in search of new prisoners.
--------------------
Animated Object (Large)      CR 5
XP 1,600
Male animated object (large)  (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 14)
N Large construct
Init -1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception -5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 14, touch 8, flat-footed 14 (-1 dexterity, +6 natural, -1 size)
hp 52 (4d10+30)
Fort +1, Ref +0, Will -4
Defensive Abilities hardness 5; Immune construct traits
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee slam +9 (1d8+9)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 22, Dex 8, Con —, Int —, Wis 1, Cha 1
Base Atk +4; CMB +11; CMD 20
--------------------
Ecology
--------------------
Environment Any
Organization Solitary, pair, or group (3-12)
Treasure None
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Hardness 5 Subtract Hardness from damage done.
Immunity to Ability Damage Immunity to ability damage
Immunity to Ability Drain Immunity to ability drain
Immunity to Bleeds You are immune to bleeds.
Immunity to Death and Necromancy effects You are immune to Death and Necromancy effects.
Immunity to Disease You are immune to diseases.
Immunity to Energy Drain Immune to energy drain
Immunity to Exhausted You are immune to the exhausted condition.
Immunity to Fatigue You are immune to the fatigued condition.
Immunity to Mind-Affecting effects You are immune to Mind-Affecting effects.
Immunity to Non-lethal Damage You are immune to Non-Lethal Damage
Immunity to Paralysis You are immune to paralysis.
Immunity to Poison You are immune to poison.
Immunity to Sleep You are immune to sleep effects.
Immunity to Stunning You are immune to being stunned.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

as you can see the stat block for the animated cage was taken form hero lab

Source: Some thoughts on converting Pathfinder creatures to HackMater

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #536 on: 04 October 2014, 10:30:17 »

Going to Lincoln today

Complications 

Today I am going to be mostly distracted by going to Lincoln to deal with the fan faecal matter event which is ongoing over there so I will almost certainly get behind with the Bloging not that I am not fully aware I am already miles behind on that score.

For its own sake

Source: Going to Lincoln today

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #537 on: 04 October 2014, 21:00:06 »

Nasty stuff from the northlands

Ranged weapon Stats table format
Weapon
Name
Strength
Required
Skill Level
Damage
Shield Damage
Rate of fire
Weapon
Size
Max
range
Damage type

Source: Nasty stuff from the northlands

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #538 on: 05 October 2014, 00:30:04 »

Somthing for the future

WIP ONE
It started of as a tracing of the map from the PDF but has been adapted and indeed is still being adapted as I work it into my bespoke setting. an this has included inserting a base layer which is the same one used for most of my northern wilds battle mats

I have quite a lot more work to do on this yet and I may not be needing it for some time however I wanted to get it up here and show it off as its the first attempt I have made at such a thing.

WIP TWO
A bit more work done in particular trying to give the three dimensional effect that the original map I traced form had to the fortress walls in particular

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #539 on: 05 October 2014, 11:00:07 »

Somthing for the future

WIP ONE

WIP TWO
A bit more work done in particular trying to give the three dimensional effect that the original map I traced form had to the fortress walls in particular

WIP THREE
 I am now going to go off and work on improving some of the common map textures for a bit particularly that of the flowers so common in the north in the short summer.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: