Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 21:38:28 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I like the cover `DON`T PANIC`. It`s the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody`s said to me all day. - Arthur Dent
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Company of Fools - Blog  (Read 176828 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #555 on: 11 October 2014, 00:30:06 »

Against the Robots A field of Erratics

another battle mat 

Open country in the wilds showing animal trails and a cluster of large erratics
An Erratic being a large boulder deposited by a glacer or in this case an ice sheet classically found atop a mound of finer deposits or uneroded material as these are. 

Also have the Market Place at Angrad (torch) in the works and had rather planed to get a WIP of it posted if not it actually done but was rather distracted by my non gaming life so that plan will have to wait a bit longer

Source: Against the Robots A field of Erratics

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #556 on: 11 October 2014, 00:30:06 »

A new disease

something for tomorrow now

Source: A new disease

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #557 on: 11 October 2014, 00:30:06 »

A Useful concoction

A preventative elixir

More detail will follow

Source: A Useful concoction

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #558 on: 11 October 2014, 14:30:08 »

A new disease

Disease format
Communicability: 2
Severity: 5
Where is the disease found? 

Minor effect: 

Major effect: 

Source: A new disease

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #559 on: 11 October 2014, 14:30:09 »

A Useful concoction

A preventative elixir

This is a mundane potion prepared by the herbalists of the Great Hospital in Vayham who are mostly ether junior clerics of the care giver or anointed experts. Versions of it are made in many places and are not uncommon knowledge to the wider community of herbalists beyond those associated with the caregivers cult.

I can be used as a preventative and

Source: A Useful concoction

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #560 on: 11 October 2014, 14:30:09 »

Angrad (torch) Market a work in progress

Made enough of a start to post this

A work in progress map based on an enlarged section of the map of Torch from the first Iron Gods module. This has been stretched and enlarged considerably which has causes a lot of pixilation and other artefacts form manipulating the image  and automated cleaning up and sharpening of the image having not worked as I wanted it I have resorted to manually retouching the image

Source: Angrad (torch) Market a work in progress

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #561 on: 11 October 2014, 21:30:06 »

A work in progress map based on an enlarged section of the map of Torch from the first Iron Gods module. This has been stretched and enlarged considerably which has causes a lot of pixilation and other artefacts form manipulating the image  and automated cleaning up and sharpening of the image having not worked as I wanted it I have resorted to manually retouching the image

More of the same done whilst it might not look that different the image will be cleaner in Roll20 but its still no where near done.

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #562 on: 12 October 2014, 10:30:17 »

More of the same done whilst it might not look that different the image will be cleaner in Roll20 but its still no where near done.

More work done I have all the paths and the roads sorted and the areas water but there are a lot of hoses to do as whilst they look fine at the size shown above they break down into pixilated blobs when you zoom in and given that the image may get further manipulated when it goes up onto Roll20 this is not a good thing

Screen shot Close up

The screen shot of the image viewed at 100% rather than 18% I think gives some idea of what I am fixing and I am begging to really loathe doing  urban maps even more. This is a relatively unworked area but you can see the start of my fixes on the buildings re-outlining them and then and then blocking them back in. All rather involved and time consuming.

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #563 on: 12 October 2014, 14:00:10 »

More work done I have all the paths and the roads sorted and the areas water but there are a lot of hoses to do as whilst they look fine at the size shown above they break down into pixilated blobs when you zoom in and given that the image may get further manipulated when it goes up onto Roll20 this is not a good thing

Screen shot Close up

The screen shot of the image viewed at 100% rather than 18% I think gives some idea of what I am fixing and I am begging to really loathe doing  urban maps even more. This is a relatively unworked area but you can see the start of my fixes on the buildings re-outlining them and then and then blocking them back in. All rather involved and time consuming.

More progress made

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #564 on: 14 October 2014, 10:30:07 »

Screen shot Close up

More progress made

Yet more progress made but its painfully slow work compared to the rural maps and I am still cleaning up the distortions caused by manipulating the original image

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #565 on: 15 October 2014, 09:30:08 »

Screen shot Close up

More progress made

Yet more progress made but its painfully slow work compared to the rural  maps and I am still cleaning up the distortions caused by manipulating  the original image

A screen shot of pretty much same area as the first close up image and as you cam see there is a lot less image manipulation artefacts but a lot less detail as the artefacts where a result of the break up of the detailing on the original image.

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #566 on: 15 October 2014, 09:30:08 »

An Epic tale from another part of Kalamar X

The Story continues 

Tribute
Two more days.  Doesn't seem like a long  journey, but you're not exhausted, wet, cold, hampered by wounded goblin  survivors, low on supplies, and still being followed by goblin hunting  parties.  Yeah, the heroes are having a bad week.

As tired as they were, the party kept going as long as possible.  Darius looked like he might be suffering from infection, and had slowed too much to keep pace. Malvus continued scouting, ever aware that goblins continued to harass them.   When a goblin was spotted on their side of the river, the spry monk  chased after, only to fall into the goblin's trap.

Te little bastard threw a rock into a stirge nest and tried to make a run for it.  Unfortunately, Malvus was faster and knocked the goblin out.  He was too late o avoid the  stirg , however.  The little bloodsuckers swarmed the party causing  panic among some of the women. Jjela and Shary, however were used to  stirge and fought back bravely.

Now, had stirge been their only  problem, this would have been over quickly.  Unfortunately the commotion  drew the attention of other predators in the area.  From the bushes  came a rust monster, hungry for the delicious taste of paladin armor.   It was ineffective at the armor, but did damage Kalamor's sword, giving way to many curses at the rotlord for sending forth such a monstrosity.

While Darius continued to tear off stirge, Frug succumbed to the swarm.  Fighting through his own pain, the young  servant shoved a healing potion into his friend's mouth. They were  starting to take control of the situation when a loud, baritone like  howl shot through the forest.  Kalamor shuddered. Owlbears are somewhat common in the Fyban,  but usually leave adventurers alone, focusing on easier prey.  Unfortunately for the heroes, stirge wee biting at the big beast, and  sending it into a frenzy.  It charged Neshy and Shary, but Malvus lept in the way.  The stirge continued to swarm the party, but most were either dead or moving on, having had their fill.  Kalamor did his best to avoid the rust monster while the owlbear made continued strikes at the monk.

A lucky stray kick from Malvus dropped the rust monster and Frug shifted into a great bear to take on the owlbear. Between maul, bear,  an spear, the owlbear was quickly slain.  Most were ok, save frightening  amounts of blood loss.  Neshy, however succumbed to her wounds during  the fight.  Her sister, Shary, was saddened, but showed little remorse. Chada was so distraught from the ordeal the was nearly in a catatonic state.

Onward the heroes marched, now with one goblin in tow. When he awoke, Kalamor interrogated the goblin for information.  He confirmed the goblins were  preparing another assault and that they were nearby.  To by the party  time, Kalamor took the goblin back to his people, hoping to intimidate them into  giving up, or at least give the heroes time to rest.  They were less  than accepting of the offer, claiming they needed the girl as tribute. Kalamor countered that the girl was their tribute and they should find whatever  hole they could to avoid further punishment. The ruse seemed to work as  the goblins did back off.  The paladin then turned and did his best to  find his friends.

A couple hours later, Frug found the passed out Kalamor,  lost and exhausted in the woods.  They reunited with the party and got  the best rest they could hope for.  Around mid-day, the party awoke,  feeling better, but crestfallen to find Chada and Shary missing, along with Kalamor's  sword.  The party debated on whether to leave them or continue onward,  but it was all empty argument. They would not abandon anyone to  sacrifice or tribute.

Frug found the scent and led the party back up river to a location near  where the goblins had been.  The trails split after that, with one human  heading south, and the other with the goblins due west.  The party  followed the single human and found Shary hiding in the bush.  She was  frightened and told the tale that they tried to leave south back to  their people and were caught by the goblins. She escaped but Chada was caught.  Before they could decide what to do, two wood elves approached the party. Karyion and Sarif were tracking some goblins and followed the trail to the party.  They  had also found a group of goblins with a prisoner. It was unlike goblins  and Orc to keep prisoners for tribute. Another, more sinister threat  must be out there. 

They agreed to get some sleep and push out early the next day to catch the goblins and try to free Chada, again.  With the elves help, The party made good time and caught up with the goblins in a clearing.  Most were sleeping and Chada was see tied to a stump.  The heroes attacked with abandon.  In mere  moments, the goblins were all but destroyed.  Karyion smiled and  strutted up to a goblin near the tree line and put an arrow in its eye.  But before he could turn to help the heroes finish them off, a great  claw snatched him into the forest and ended the elf's life.

"Where  is my tribute!?", the dragon roared as he entered the clearing. It's  green scales shimmering in the morning sun.  Fear. Not some simple  nervous twitch before a fight, but genuine fear fell upon the party.   The dragon was still young, but even a young green dragon is more than a  match for novice adventurers.  He charged Frug, nearly killing the little guy, only saved by a transformation into a great bear.  Darius helped Malvus finish off the goblins, then layed hands upon Kalamor.  If they wanted to survive, they needed the paladin in fighting form.  In turn, Kalamor blessed his allies, while Malvus sent flurry after flurry into the flank of the dragon. Undeterred, it continued to strike Frug, though he was needing to share attention. Darius walked forward speaking the oath of the valiant, challenging and  condemning the dragon. He smote the beast repeatedly, drawing the  dragons attention. 

Seeing the tide turn, the dragon moved to a strategic position and let blow a mighty wave of poisonous gas. Darius fell, grasping at his throat and Frug lost his concentration, shifting back into gnome form.  Malvus, too, was affected, but still standing. The dragon smiled at his handiwork, oblivious to Kalamor.  His blessing chant stopped, and a wrathful scream flowed from the  paladin's lips as he charged, mace in hand. The dragon turned, but too  late. One final blow to the temple and the beast was vanquished.

The party assessed their situation and were mostly relieved. Of the nine, only Karyion and Shary had died. Chada was rescued and confirmed what Kalamor suspected:  Chada was to be used as tribute, handed to the goblins by her own people.   Well, with the dragon dead, the tribute was no longer required.  Darius, awake now, eyed the dragon's scales as a good replacement for his worn set. It would take a while to skin this beast...

Source: An Epic tale from another part of Kalamar X

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #567 on: 15 October 2014, 09:30:08 »

An Epic tale form another part of Kalamar XI

The Story Continues

Let me axe you a question...
Ngithol sat in silence and watched from afar as the others busied themselves  with the slain green dragon. She watched the camaraderie, their faces  flush with success and their bodies relishing in the brief rest they now  allowed themselves. She watched... and she envied them. The bonds they  shared, the ability to peaceably talk with each other and more  importantly, their full control of their own faculties.

She  turned away from them to step into the shadows of the nearby trees and  walked over to a goblin that lay there. She'd noticed it had survived  the earlier purging and had tried to crawl away unnoticed not realizing Ngithol had been trailing behind staying a ways away from the rest of the group  so as to not endanger them in combat. Two days following at a distance  in the forest, two days of executing any goblins that weren't yet fully  dead and brutally slaying those that stumbled upon her...two days of  being alone with nothing to do between the bouts of madness induced  violence but to reflect on her being a liability now.

The goblin  looked at her with fear as she approached. It's mouth was gagged and it  tried desperately to crawl away with little success, the cauterized  stump where it's left foot had been pushing ineffectually at the ground,  as blood loss and shock kept it from mustering much effort. She walked  to it and addressed it in dwarven unlike any other, "You know not what your kind is do you?"  The goblin gibbered unintelligibly clearly in shock or more likely just  not understanding. What were the odds it'd know the language of her  lands? She looked into it's eyes for a moment more hoping for some spark  of recognition before she twitched her fingers and pulled on an  invisible thread of power.

With a flash her great axe suddenly  appeared within her hands. She kicked the goblin over so it laid on it's  back and held a brief flame to the edge of the axe, heat slowly  building within it. She beheld the goblin's face again and saw  recognition then as it knew what she intended to do. With a deliberate  and fast swing she took the goblin's right foot off before holding the  hot axe blade to the stump sealing it shut. Rather than scream or  struggle the goblin made the right choice and simply passed out. She  disregarded that fact and continued speaking, "Murderers, thieves  and kidnappers. You creatures barely alive and worthy of respect. You're  nothing more than pests to be exterminated."

As she spoke she continued to vent her frustrations from the past few days upon the goblin's body. Her anger at the fact that Kalamor now had validity to his beliefs she was some sociopathic invalid and the fact that the diminutive Frug likely thought her capable of little more than mindless bloodshed with Malvus probably being of similar mindset. Such frustrations compared though to  the shame and regret she felt after having nearly killed Darius,  the only individual she felt able to connect with in some fashion. It'd  been after striking him in the back when she first used the axe that  she realized the danger it represented. How much time passed as she  continued her macabre act she did not know. It could've been 10 seconds  or an hour. In the end there was little left to be identified as a  goblin other than meat and gristle.

With a grunt she set the  remains afire and used the flames to burn the blood off her axe. She  sighed as she realized she was alone again and that she likely would  continue to be until she was rid of the axe.

Source: An Epic tale form another part of Kalamar XI

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #568 on: 15 October 2014, 09:30:08 »

Knight of the Diner table

The story continues 

10/10
13/10

as ever these are just teasers for the whole story and what preceded it got to the KODT website

Source: Knight of the Diner table

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #569 on: 15 October 2014, 20:00:06 »

Screen shot Close up

More progress made

Yet more progress made but its painfully slow work compared to the rural  maps and I am still cleaning up the distortions caused by manipulating  the original image

A screen shot of pretty much same area as the first close up image and as you cam see there is a lot less image manipulation artefacts but a lot less detail as the artefacts where a result of the break up of the detailing on the original image.

More done mostly on the trees and beginning to put down some roof  details in the form of ridge lines. Three is still some unwanted image  manipulation artefacts mostly on the lots around the buildings and I am  trying to work out how to deal with those, as well as to decide on the  level of detail I need to add to the map. 

Screen shot showing the trees which I am quite pleased with as well as some of the remaining artefacts and the limited work I have done the houses

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: