Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 14:39:25 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Count the heads. - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential Game Concepts  (Read 4025 times)
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« on: 31 July 2014, 05:08:06 »

Might as well have these written down somewhere, I figure. For my own use if nothing else. This here's a vague list of games and campaign ideas I've had floating around my head for varying amounts of time. The following is in no particular order in terms of likeliness of ever taking place or likely order of use. List is not exhaustive.

Prospects
A-Tier: Ideas on the short-list. Subject to change.
  • Mutants and Masterminds - Comicbook superheroism and/or villainy in the continuity started in Andy's "Spirit Comics" campaign series. Various ideas.
  • Lovecraftian Cosmic Horror
  • Dark Heresy Prison campaign. Hard time in the grim, dark future of mankind.
  • Anime campaign. Either Magical Girls and giant monsters, Anime-esque Fantasy adventuring (with mysteries and kingdoms, elves, fairies and truly gigantic dragons and other monsters) or some other such broadly anime tomfoolery. Something at least vaguely light and over the top, using OVA (which seems good).
  • The Dead, the Rich and the Weird. Spaghetti Western, probably using Savage Realms and the Deadlands rules, but not the Deadlands setting. Slight hitch in that I don't have the full Deadlands books.

B-Tier: Ideas that on the back-burner. Subject to change.

• New England Vampire game. (VtR: Blood and Smoke)
  • Anachronistic 80's Changeling Miami. (Changeling: The Lost)
  • High Concept Sci-Fi / Interstellar Ark game. (Traveller? Savage Worlds?)
  • 80's Wrestling Territory Politics, Violence, Drugs and Egos niche game. (Probably WoD Mortal/GMC again.)
  • The Wolf Must Hunt, Appalachian Werewolf Pack game. (Werewolf, currently unreleased GMC update Chronical Book).
  • The Next Days, Mortal WoD game following normal people as they deal with the end and what comes after.
  • Epic Warhammer 40k Deathwatch game - Difficult situations both tactical and strategic, Spess Mahreens taken out of their comfort zones and/or stuck making decisions with Consequences.
  • Chaos-World Hive gang-warfare. (Dark Crusade or possibly just Dark Heresy?)

Current
Satan's School for Girls! - Hogwarts-esque Mage:The Awakening witches and wizards-school game, set in any of several time periods (World War 2, 50's/60's, 70's/80's or even later). Requires much setting planning and me getting my hands on the new edition of Mage, but very much a project I still intend to dabble with till it's eventually good to go.  
  • [1930's game currently running on alternating Wednesdays]

Completed
Small town survival horror. (World of Darkness mortal/GMC update).
  • [Mirror Lake Campaign]

EDIT - Further tidying done, given that there's a minor bit of pressure going round for folks to get additional games ready. Worth me getting my ideas in order just in case, I think.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2017, 18:12:14 by Snakes in the Tiki Lounge » Logged
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2014, 17:24:19 »

Sounds interesting & I would play in many of them time work & the fact that HackMaster has eaten my life allowing

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2014, 18:12:28 »

Well, I already have plans to run the New England Vampire on Wednesday as the campaign after my current hacked-together cyberpunk one. There's a good chance I'll need to run a game on Thursdays to follow the Deus Vult slot when that draws to a close, so I guess there's a chance at some point? Who knows.
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2017, 02:21:26 »

Updated my list a little.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: