Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
25 April 2024, 16:49:00 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can`t like it. - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Boardgame - Reiner Knizia  (Read 2136 times) Average Rating: 5
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 20 January 2008, 20:04:27 »

This is a well produced game, the multiple game boards, cards, figures, tiles, Ring etc are extremely beautiful and of good quality materials.

You work as a team to try and make it to mount Doom to destroy the one ring. Along the way you have to accumulate certain items to avoid moving towards the dark (Sauron). Players work together, sometimes sacrificing themselves partly or fully in order to complete the ultimate goal. This is a wonderful mechanic and makes for a unique gaming experience allowing all to have a positive gaming experience.

Various event tiles revealed during your turn either allow progress along various tracks on the board or trigger events which either hurt the players or if pay a price in collected items or cards can skip its effects.

I really enjoy this game and it captures the atmosphere of the story very well. It is a must have for anyone's collection.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: