Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 02:31:22 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Who said anything about panicking? This is still culture shock. You wait till I`ve settled down in the situation and found my bearings a bit. Then I`ll start panicking. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What comic books are you reading right now?  (Read 5627 times)
Creator
Blissful Ignorance

« on: 09 July 2010, 06:45:37 »

Which comic books do you recommend right now? Looking for something good, to read for the rest of work…
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2010, 18:42:58 »

Just finished; Captain Carrot and the final ark.

sounds silly, but i got used to it and started getting attached to the whole 'Zoo Crew'! The so called 'shock' ending would have been better if the bad guy was dealt with to put my mind at ease. Though 'Countdown to Final Crisis' #7 provides a little post script.

Just started; X-statix.

Marvel series that started early 2000's and parodies both reality TV and comics (much like Captain Carrot). Young mutants are hired (mostly from X-Force) to form a superhero group by a tv company and filmed to compete with other superhero-reality-TV shows for ratings. So far, so awesome.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
carldjcross
Staff
Unhinged

« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2010, 22:42:05 »

Just started; X-statix.

Marvel series that started early 2000's and parodies both reality TV and comics (much like Captain Carrot). Young mutants are hired (mostly from X-Force) to form a superhero group by a tv company and filmed to compete with other superhero-reality-TV shows for ratings. So far, so awesome.

Wasn't this the setup for Civil War?

I've always been more of a DC boy but I've been reading this and other big Marvel events like Secret Wars through their lovely Unlimited Digital Comics.

Next (possibly) Howard the Duck.

Ekil erif, ekam erif. Erif, erif DiMaggio.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2010, 10:43:50 »

No, but what you might be thinking of is a small event in Civil War itself. Billy 'Speedball' Baldwin is part of the New Warriors who attempted to deal with some supervillains in a town for their reality TV show. An explosion goes off that kills hundreds and Speedball survives only to blame himself for his arrogance and recklessness, becoming Pennance. I know this because Squirrel Girl travels through time to try to stop her first love from becoming an emo weirdo who hurts himself.

I was told about howard the Duck ages ago and have been meaning to get around to those for ages.  Cheesy

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
PeterHog
Blissful Ignorance

BoardgameGeek: PeterHog

« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2011, 11:42:17 »

Right now I’m reading Batman comic series. It has some terrific characters and great mythology. I love it!

Mr_C
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2011, 23:44:38 »

Finally decided to bite the bullet and read The Walking Dead. I've been putting it off in fear that it would ruin the TV series for me but seeing how there's a wide variance in the storylines I decided to go for it. Very glad I did, well worth the time.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2011, 22:32:43 »

Malifaux rules & background, Basic Roleplay as part of my development of Malifaux the RPG, IABSM rules, nothing interesting at the moment but I looking forward to my Christmas book.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: