Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
26 April 2024, 07:26:48 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Hey this is terrific , it means we really must be onto something if they`re trying to kill us. - Zaphod
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most memorable scene from a movie?  (Read 4022 times)
melodyeye
Blissful Ignorance

« on: 29 July 2010, 12:36:42 »

Tell your most memorable scene from a movie. This is what I remember right now.

Watched Syriana a couple of weeks ago what a movie. But this scene in particular sent shivers through my body. Near the end when George Clooney stops the prince in the middle of dessert and US Government has already decided to assassinate him. They launched a missile I believe and George Clooney was talking to the prince from his door window and camera was zoomed in when suddenly the car blows up along with Clooney and good part of road. Awesome: up:
Now tell yours.
Pallet Ranger
Blissful Ignorance

BoardgameGeek: Pallet Ranger

« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2010, 16:37:15 »

Five words:

"Luke. I am your father"

<*> It's only me. Just browsing <*>
Pamela
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2010, 15:05:27 »

Hard to choose a favourite. But one that sticks out is the end of Primal Fear. I never saw it coming and the acting was fantastic. Edward Norton was nominated for that role.
The end of White Heat (1949) is a classic for its final line” made ma, top of the world"
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2010, 07:29:09 »

From Bladerunner, when Rutger Hauer is standing on the rooftop during the beatdown of Harrison Ford and holds a dove then lets it go - great cinema.

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Danielle
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2011, 11:02:32 »

For me it’s from the movie “SAW V” when the doctor operates the head scull of Jigsaw, he was in a full conch. The scene was taken so natural.
Oskar
Raiders Event Commitee
Mild Psychosis

« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2011, 14:55:52 »

I remember an old film I watched called "For the boys" which tells the story of Dixie Leonard, a 1940s actress/singer who teams up with Eddie Sparks, a famous performer to entertain American troops.

Bette Midler plays Dixie, her manager is very fond of her but she is not interested.  One night in the bar after a performance she is sat on a bar stool with a cigarette in a holder in one hand and a cocktail in the other, he slides up to her and buys her another drink, he gets closer and closer while they chat but she is trying to ignore it, eventually he says " what do I have to give you to get a kiss out of you Dixie" she turns and looks at him and replies "Chloroform darling"

Very funny!  Grin

I think I understand everything - then I regain Consciousness !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: