Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 03:12:19 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
What are we supposed to do with a manically depressed robot? - Trillian
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Part One - What do you mean no one has a clue how to fire the Guns?!!!  (Read 2385 times)
PM
Lefthandrule
Mild Psychosis

« on: 16 August 2010, 18:37:29 »

The continuing adventures of the crew of the 200ton Fast Trader "Valley Forge" and their two remaining robots Heuy and Dewey. (Louie was lost whilst outside passing through the rings of a gas giant).
Anyone not getting the cultural reference can't claim to like Sci-Fi. Shocked

Just before leaving Ao-Dai(Jewell Subsector 0401) in Zhodani space we "acquire" a Psionic Helmet and instructed to smuggle it out of the system and await further contact.

At our next stop (Farreach, 0602) our Captain was approached by a businessman called Forbes who wants an exclusive hire to take him home to independent territory (Esalin, 0204). This happens to be our Captain's home world.

As we leave the system he asks us (for extra money) to stop off at a crash site on an asteroid where he EVA's for 10 minutes to collect something. We leave hastily as we are being approached by a Zhodani Scout ship.

Back in Ao-Dai we decide to stealthily skim the gas giant and leave before anyone asks questions. Unfortunately we are hailed by a Zhodani Scout (same one??) and ordered to stand by for boarding. Heuy and Dewy are sent out to give us a new paint job whilst out of visual range. We pull over out of the atmosphere and then make a run for it pretending that we don't understand them and think they are pirates, shouting for help whilst fleeing.

At this point we realise no-one can use the guns!!! Frantic welding ensues to keep the ship together as we are struck by lasers several times. Our obvious daring and skill are rewarded by not only making the jump point but arriving in the correct star system.(Clan, 0303) Smiley

We jump again to reach the businessman's home world with no signs of pursuit. We land at the low port in the Imperial affiliated part of this theoretically neutral world.(Esalin, 0204)Cheesy

I remain with the ship to help make permenent repairs to our battle damage.

Ito Yoshimura - Ship's Engineer

To Be Continued by those that went ashore........
« Last Edit: 17 August 2010, 16:55:01 by PM » Logged

Custard: A detestable substance produced by a malevolent conspiracy of the hen, the cow, and the cook.

Devil's Dictionary (1906)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2010, 15:44:58 »

As we disembarked from the Ship into the Starport Mr Forbes was assassinated with high-velocity rounds. Most of the crew managed to dodge aside but I managed to get covered head to toe in Mr Forbes blood and had to catch his falling body.

A got some weird "Data" blast from Mr Forbes and with his dying breath he urged me to get some important information to a Martha. He indicated a data chip under the skin of his arm, which I had to remove using the only knife I had to hand (not a pretty sight), our recovered crew members helped mask this activity from fellow passengers and any surveillance.

The three of us caught in the middle of this were interviewed  by the Port authorities, but later released. Mr Forbes affects were held for collection by next of kin.

As I started to assimilate the mental images sent to me by Forbes, we managed to work out Martha ran the Redway Hotel and that she was a shapely middle-aged woman. We tracked down the location and hired a car to drive there and try and get some answers. Managed to gain some images of a specific car park slot to place the car and after booking in and piecing together some more images and recollections we managed to gain the Trust of Martha abut she was unable to help as she was not aware of any pickups but said we were welcome to stay and see if a courier arrived.

No courier arrived but talking with Martha she gave us a name of another contact of Forbes who may be able to help, Daniel (trader) located on Ruby.

In the meantime we had to make arrangements to aid us leaving the system as it had been discovered something had been removed from Forbes's body and we were now the prime suspects. We arranged to hire a temp Pilot, and Martha told us of an abandoned farm we could use to land the ship. So under the ruse that we were collecting cargo the new crew flew the ship to the farm they were paid and told to return the hire car and we left planet.

We travelled to where Martha said we could find Daniel,  which was the rather seedier bars & trading areas. After a bit of asking around and people watching we were approached by a man who after a long conversation and building of trust said he could put us in touch arrangements were made for a meeting.

At the meeting it transpires this man is indeed who we are looking for but he had no better news to help us, however he suggested we may be best to contact someone that he had arranged for Forbes for another job. This was a Programmer Gakha - Cryptology expert for Magneto Dynamics, Mongo.

We Paid him for his information,

As we were leaving the system heading to find this new contact, we got word from Daniel that news had reached Ruby that we were wanted in conjunction with Forbes's Death.

We will need to make some serious plans......
« Last Edit: 26 August 2010, 13:39:49 by zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: