Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 April 2024, 23:13:38 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Arthur Philip Dent? You`re a jerk, a complete asshole. - Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eketorp  (Read 1844 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 24 January 2011, 00:55:57 »

This is a game with Vikings. This is a well made game with lovely components, as expected from Queen Games, players compete to build their Castles the winner is the first to build all 18 bricks or the highest scorer after 10 rounds. Each turn a material card is turned over and the resources placed onto the board, players then secretly place their viking on their boards selecting where on the main board they want them to go. After everyone has decided they reveal their choices simultaneously then place their vikings on their chosen areas. Where there are enough resources for each viking those resources are allocated out, where there is not enough the vikings fight for the spoils which is done by selecting a numbered card from your hand highest card winds. After completing the fight the loser places his viking in a hospital square equal to the difference between the two cards, the players then swap cards placing them next to their castle.

When a player runs out of cards they pick up all their exchanged cards from the board. Players can also lay siege to other players castles aiming to remove bricks from their walls. This is an important option to try and slow another players progress.

I liked this game but I have to confess having read the box and looked at the pictures I envisioned a more complicated game then I got, that said it is enjoyable and certainly a very good filler game that is easy to pick up and run with.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2011, 21:02:56 by zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: