Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
16 April 2024, 23:19:07 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Your name is Colin. So when I shout "Up, Colin!" I want you, Colin, to go up. OK? Up, Colin! - Ford Prefect
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HoL  (Read 5549 times)
nomad3k
Burton Delvers
Slight Inkling

HoL
« on: 13 February 2008, 20:05:25 »

If anyone is interested in playing this I have a copy of the "rulebook", and I say that in the loosest possible terms.  I could re-run my CPT Bravo (Combat Pizza delivery Team Bravo) game.  I consists of pizzas (delivery thereof) and excessive violence.  Also, don't ask what they put into their "special sauce".

One thing I like about HoL is that the rulebook has no character creation section.  Makes me giggle.
One thing I LOVE about HoL is the description of combat.  It starts with the first round being a dumb PC blocking a steel girder with a swiss army spoon.  When the HoLMeister (GM) points out the stupidity of this, the second round of combat starts with the offending player launching an attack upon the HoLMeister.

I have only ever run one story (CPT Bravo) in HoL and was a player in one (I played a german poodle masseur with a cordarouy fetish called Hans on-der-boobies), and that's probably about all you need.  Good laugh but completely non-sensible.
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2008, 20:23:40 »

YES...

Wave

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2008, 21:28:10 »

It sounds like a laugh

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2008, 02:43:14 »

One thing I like about HoL is that the rulebook has no character creation section.  Makes me giggle.
One thing I LOVE about HoL is the description of combat.  It starts with the first round being a dumb PC blocking a steel girder with a swiss army spoon.  When the HoLMeister (GM) points out the stupidity of this, the second round of combat starts with the offending player launching an attack upon the HoLMeister.

Good laugh but completely non-sensible.

Well the supplement (not surprisingly I own) "Buttery Wholesomeness" adds character creation plus another parody ruleset "Freebase" which is Live Action Roleplaying in the World or Reality ??!!  Cheesy

The HOL rulebook(s) are an Hilarious read and recommended to any gamer...

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

nomad3k
Burton Delvers
Slight Inkling

« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2008, 18:37:10 »

Yeah.  I'd say it was probably a better read than it is a game.  Makes you laugh all the way through it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: