Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
01 May 2024, 19:07:32 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Who said anything about panicking? This is still culture shock. You wait till I`ve settled down in the situation and found my bearings a bit. Then I`ll start panicking. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dungeon Lords  (Read 1981 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 23 March 2011, 14:57:11 »

Now I liked this game from the moment I saw it, the components are really good quality (and there are a LOT of them) and the boards are well made with superb graphics. The rules make a lot more sense when you play the game but as the first year progressed it became apparent there is a lot to learn about what choices to make.

As you progress through the seasons you take a choice of actions which gain you resources (Money, Food, Monsters, Traps, Rooms, Imps etc etc). These are then used to dig out and build your dungeon eventually adventurers come to plunder your creation and depending on how evil you are at the time determines what strength of adventurer you attract. At the end of the year you will have a full party at your dungeon who will then attempt to plunder your dungeon.

As you prepare for battle you have to work out what damage you can deal and to which adventurers. Each phase of the battle the party may use magic to aid them, if they have sufficient points, and you can select monsters, traps etc to hurt them. Every phase they survive they plunder a section of your dungeon. Every adventurer you kill you keep in your prison and score at the end of the game. If you become particularly evil you will attract a Paladin who are much tougher but fickle as they will swap to someone else if they get more evil than you. In the second year everything gets tougher and more interesting as you dungeon has now started to take shape.

I really like this game it is good fun and provides a lot of action, there is never any real downtime and I can see a lot of replayability in this.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: