Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 04:58:48 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
A beach house isn`t just real estate. It`s a state of mind. - Old Man
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braggart  (Read 3309 times) Average Rating: 4
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 27 May 2011, 12:45:33 »

This is a fun little game where players try to build a story with a hand of cards. The cards come in different flavours Scene`s, Deeds, Foe`s, and Results with a minimum combination of Deed + Foe.

Players arrange the cards to form a story, lower value cards provide hilarious but ridiculous stories and higher value cards produce more heroic exploits. Players can either accept someones tale or play various liar cards from their hand to replace cards with lower value equivalents from their hand. At the end of the round the player with the highest value tale keeps all of the cards for victory points and any other players with takes keep one card and discard the rest.

On your turn you can draw cards, start your tale or play Ploy cards which allow you various special actions. Play continues until the deck of cards is exhausted and players total their scores.
This is a quick but hilarious game which produces some fantastic combinations in the stories. Really good game worthy of more plays.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

CardcoreGamer
Aware

BoardgameGeek: mattersmasher

« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2012, 00:33:22 »

Ah, there really is nothing quite like a heroic tale like:

"Atop the ruined citadel, illuminated by flashes of lightning / I summoned the four elements to vanquish / a demon from the darkest pits of hell / and now my deeds are known throughout the land"

Being 'liar carded' into something like:

"In the queen's bed chamber / I woke up next to / an unfortunate trout / and it took weeks to get rid of the smell"

Braggart is a great filler game, though after only a handful of plays I feel like I've seen most of the cards and the novelty/comedy value is wearing off pretty quickly. Still amusing when slightly drunk, but I don't think I'd buy a copy unless they bring out more cards to add variety to the stories.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2012, 06:19:36 »

Fun game needs some more cards to give it more replayability

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Gendrill
Slight Inkling

« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2012, 13:10:20 »

Agree with the above posts, it is a fun game that is quick and easy to learn for occasional filler sessions but would be hard to enjoy for extended regular periods as it stands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: