Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 03:47:00 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Do you Want me to sit in a corner and rust, or just fall apart where i`m standing? - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skie's Treasury  (Read 2027 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 13 April 2008, 18:50:19 »

Numerous stores in Cauldron sometimes sell magic items and gear, but only one of them makes its sole business buying and selling magic items to adventurers: Skie’s Treasury.

Skie is a retired gnome adventurer who spent much of her youth exploring the catacombs and chambers below Cauldron. She is quite knowledgeable about the creatures, traps, dangers, and general geography of these tunnels and is always eager to share some of her tips and knowledge with paying customers.

You have come to a modest building crafted from blocks of volcanic stone. The facade of the building bears dozens, if not hundreds of symbols and sigils that have been carved into the face of the stone with chisels. One door and a pair of tiny windows face the road  and overlook the lake below. Above the door, a sign proclaims the establishment to be Skie’s Treasury, but more impressive are the numerous items of treasure — rings, coins, wands, necklaces, rods, potions, scrolls, and more — that seem to slowly orbit the sign and shine with soft golden light. Every now and then, two of the items bump against each other, ringing softly like a wind chime.

When you enter, Skie asks why you are here, where's your party and what you call yourselves?

Inside, the store's shelves are fairly sparse, but never empty. Each of the items on her shelves is kept in a glass cabinet under lock and key, and each item is displayed on a silk pillow with a small placard that describes the item's history, powers, and what party sold the item to Skie. She doesn't allow shoppers to handle or physically inspect items unless they are beneficiaries of the Adventurer's Discount.

When Oskar (CR) visits the shop he is able to decipher some of the ruins and sigils around the doorway.

Among the writings are groups such as:
    The Greenwoods
    The Unhumans
    The Singers of Ehlonna
    Varmint Patrol
    The Stormblades

You have opened a dialogue with Skie and have set up an account which when it has built to a large enough sum you will get the benefits of the Adventurers Discount.

Token Human Party: current total: 750gp

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: