Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 14:15:24 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`ll never be Cruel to a Gin And Tonic again. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy  (Read 2431 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 28 September 2011, 02:06:59 »

I wanted to like this film, the cast list reads like a who's who of acting talent.

I had no prior knowledge of the original material for this film so no real preconceptions other than those generated by the trailer. Before I pass on my thoughts I need to clarify that I was not expecting an action movie or a Bourne experience. I knew this was going to be of a thinking movie than most I had seen in a while.

It is sad to say I was deeply disappointed, I was not engaged by the film, the pace was too slow, the flashbacks and large sections of the film confusing as not enough time was invested in helping the viewer follow the flow of the plot.

I found that large amounts of the film seemed to be moody silences or pensive looks with no dialogue of note. I struggled to stay awake during this and for the first time in my film viewing history I actually considered getting up and leaving the cinema.

This is the first film that I think I have disliked in this way, I'm sure there will be a lot of fans of this work but for me sadly I feel I have wasted both money and time watching this.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2011, 04:59:37 »

Not all that likely to see the film but I would recommend all of the Smiley books, and say they where best dramatised recently as a set of radio plays which should be available as a cd they make a lot more sense and have not been tailored to a film audience or shoehorned into 90-120 minutes.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: