Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
01 May 2024, 20:11:56 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Seems a strange way to relate to somebody you`ve got nothing against, killing them all the time. Very curious piece of social interaction, I would call that. - Agrajag
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 03.04 The Seven Jaws  (Read 2105 times)
Deebee
Unhinged

« on: 14 April 2008, 11:47:27 »

The earlier wounds to the dragon do tend to indicate a black dragon (claw and teeth marks and what appears to be acid burns)
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2008, 20:56:18 »

Draw our breath after defeating the dragon, Gottrod, who incidentally had been injured fighting a black dragon.  Jared greets us and for the first time Entwhistle sees the true glory of his castle, trappings and surroundings (all the others successfully disbelieved the illusions he was casting).  King Jared invites us to a feast with his (imaginary) court and Entwhistle proudly receives a brooch (flat stone – good for skimming but little else) to show as a token to others that we know King Jared.

Jared tells us tales including snippets of information about Bal Hamatung (our real destination) beware of the pit of seven jaws!

After sleeping in the sumptuous surroundings we make off at daybreak the 10 leagues to the PIT OF SEVEN JAWS.  The wise Cleric claimed that a league was about a mile whilst the canny rogue was sure it was closer to three.  30 miles later we come to a vast pit in the ground – no sign of life.

The pit is 40 foot square and 60 foot deep and a metal staircase winds around the interior. The party take up positions around the top whilst the heavily armed and armoured ones venture down led by Leorn.

Near the bottom of the stairs a large fissure is noted leading horizontally away, Leorn decides to run the last leg of the stairs and sure enough triggers the monster inside – a SEVEN headed CryoHydra, breathing cold and snapping its jaws, all manner of spells, arrows, melee attacks ensue and after chopping off several heads (and watching them regrow), toasting it with a fireball it finally perishes.

Inside it's lair find the frozen body of a drow wearing a Mithral shirt which the sorcerer quickly dons.

Into the underdark

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: