Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
02 May 2024, 00:51:13 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Bloody hell, now that is what I call thinking. - Majikthise
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 02.07 A Shady Meeting  (Read 3382 times)
Deebee
Unhinged

« on: 14 April 2008, 11:51:41 »

Late that evening while you supper in the Morkoth a little girl (Female, Human, 7 years old) darts into the bar spots you at your table and drops a note on the table before being chased out by Halpeen (Inn owner).

The note reads:
I know you're looking for the wands. I can help, for a price. If you're interested, come alone to the Lakeside Pavilion tonight at midnight. Bring 500 gold coins and you'll walk away with the location of the wands. Bring backup, and you'll never find them.

You have 3 hours before the meeting takes place. You learn from Halpeen the location of the Pavilion and decide to conceal your backup. Xinh makes contact with the person. Money is exchanged and you are told:
I have seen Triel in the city in the last two weeks (she has been seen hiring heavies). It is definitely her. She is the one who has stolen the wands. She is hanging out with two others but I don't know them. One of them I believe is called Skallen or Shalerven. Something like that. Don't know for sure. They are using a hidden  tunnel outside of the city as some kind of based. It's about 200ft down the slope from the Northeast wall. They call themselves the Ebon Triad.
He provides you with a crude map with an X marking the location

At that the meeting is over and the character departs quickly. He dodges into a dark alley. Entwhistle (invisible) tries to follow, but upon entering the alley finds no one.
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2008, 11:55:02 »

We tried to find some information on the Red Head warrior our trail led us to find out she was an ex-city guardsman who slaughtered her watch one night for no apparent reason and left town. As no-one had heard or seen her since then they had assumed she had died. There was no clues left at the time as her residence had been stripped.

Hitting somewhat of a brick wall we decided to hang around a while until this heroes feast. While sitting in the tavern a street urchin arrived with a note. It said come alone to a meeting place in the dodgy part of town and bring 500gp and they would give us the whereabouts of the Red Head. Forming a plan myself and Leorn would stay at the orphanage as backup using my Hawk to keep an eye out for trouble at the meet. The Dwarven fighter would meet the person with the money with the "Scout" having been made invisible by the bard would follow and watch closely. The exchange was made and information gathered but the "scout" lost the man in a back alley.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Deebee
Unhinged

« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2008, 11:56:30 »

What are you prepared to do in Exchange for a stay at the orphanage?
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2008, 11:58:30 »

I thought we got to stay in there because Leorn used our rescue of the kids as leverage? Was this not the case? if not I'm sure we will both be prepared to help out in some small way.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2008, 21:23:15 »

Our pretext on getting our guys into the orphanage was that we received some information that the children may be in danger and we were here to guard them for the evening - if they want to charge us for the privilege then it's time to freshen their memories on what we have done for them in the past - Si

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Deebee
Unhinged

« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2008, 21:25:20 »

Lying and cheating may not be above Entwhistle's station, fortunately you aren't going and the Good people are Smiley

Nasty man   Evil scaring the children, not willing to put his hand in his pocket to help the poor, hungry, parentless children...   Wink
« Last Edit: 14 April 2008, 21:26:55 by Deebee » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: