Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
01 May 2024, 17:01:10 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Charming these Vogons. I wish I had a daughter so I could forbid her to marry one. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discworld: Ankh-Morpork  (Read 1826 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 23 October 2011, 03:37:11 »

Another Discworld themed game where players are vying to take control of the city in the absence of Lord Vetinari. Each player is given a different personality at the start of the game, all of whom have different objectives to win the game by.

Players have a hand of cards which they use to take various actions denoted by icons on the cards, the components and artwork are superb. The game plays really well and there is a lot of player interaction as you try to hide your objective with your actions, hoping to distract your opponents long enough to complete your win condition. The various areas of the city provide different abilities to the players who manage to control them. There is a card for each city area outlining their functions, which the controlling players takes to show the areas they control. The cards can be used to aid your cause, but sometimes can be used to scupper your opponents, but use with caution as they will almost certainly be returning the favour.

The game plays quite quickly and with experience you will be able to hide your objective better from other players.

This is good fun, provides much amusement during the turns and suits its theme quite well. I do not feel you need to be a fan of Discworld to play or enjoy this game but it will certainly help you get more from the humour and atmosphere of the game.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: