Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 April 2024, 04:21:17 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I think this is getting needlessly messianic. - Fook
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LUCK - Sky Atlantic  (Read 3430 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 04 March 2012, 20:53:09 »

On paper this must have sounded like an instant win with Dustin Hoffman and assorted stars plus its a TV program about Horse Racing which should appeal to a wide audience.

Well I sat through the first episode, which is what is supposed to grab and intrigue you so that you will tune in for more. Well for me it dragged and I mean DRAGGED it was slow and that is not always a bad thing as it gives chance for people to get to know characters but in this it was just dull. Hoffman's character barely did anything interesting in the first show and did not bring about any desire to find out more.

The show is hot brilliantly and the horse sequences are exquisitely shot helping to bring about that excitement of being at the racetrack, but for me sadly the pacing is wrong and I have no desire to watch any more as there is just not enough there to warrant me wasting any more time on it.

This is a shame, as mentioned before, there is a lot of good acting talent on this show.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2012, 04:38:04 »

A horse-racing related program starring Dustin Hoffman?
That's...pretty random sounding. Take it that it's some american import?
slug
Lefthandrule
Unhinged

I will stop gaming when they pry the dice from ...

« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2012, 06:47:54 »

That one has passed me by.  But I would not have been interested if it is horse racing, so may have blanked it out when advertised here. Remember it's quantity not quality in US TV.  We have three or four different shows about auctions on storage units right now. 'nuff said.

...my cold dead fingers. Whats that dear, gaming? no no just going to do some shopping, I may be gone a little while.
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2012, 09:48:45 »

Yup this is another American Import.

The big problem with SKY now is that they are buying the shows right away and showing them at or near the same time as the US meaning we suffer the stupid mid-season breaks. The other problem is that we get the shows they cancel after or during the first season, which is annoying.

I am going to have to get a lot more selective about what shows I invest my time on Wink

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2012, 17:31:55 »

I vaguely remember a review on a program that sounded a lot like this on the wireless  & it made me glad I left my television in store

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: