Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 11:14:23 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Trust you? Zaphod me old mate, Id trust you from about as far as I could comfortably take your appendix out. - Ford Prefect
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fearsome Floors  (Read 3412 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 09 March 2008, 17:08:55 »

This is a simple game with long lasting appeal. The basic premise is to move your pieces though the house and escape to the outside world  avoiding being eaten by the roving monster.

There are blood pools you can use to slide further around the board using less movement, blocks you can move around you can use to hide from the monster. In the advanced rules you also get crystals the monster can see through, Blocks that make him turn 180 deg, blocks that make him turn right and also teleports.

Each player starts with a number of people each of which move at different rates, once they have moved they are flipped over revealing a diffrent move rate. This is just plain FUN, you have to work out how you will get to the exit whilst avoiding the monster as well as trying to avoid or hinder your fellow escapee's. The monster movement is handled by gravestone cards with numbers on depicting his number of moves. He looks forward, left & right and as soon as he See's a player moves towards them. There are also 2 special move cards, 1 & 2 hit where he will move until he eats 1 or 2 players.

It has been mentioned this was not as good 2 player. I have to disagree slightly, I played this 2 player and found it was still good fun and played well. Admittedly it plays much better with more players as you all tend to get in each others way and if the monster catches up you lose people rapidly.

This is an excellent addition to the collection and will be played again.

The pieces and artwork are excellent and the fact you get 3 monsters made up of individual parts means you can build you own monster for each game which is just brilliant!...

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

pagbsc
Slight Inkling

« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2008, 23:56:28 »

Sounds fun, I would be interested in playing if you brought the game along to any of the meetups.
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2008, 23:27:04 »

As the second player in that game I would say that I thought it was a great fun game as a two player (and as a three player for that matter).

The tone of the later three player game was a little darker (although the D&D sound track and playing the game straight after Arkham Horror could have been a major factor in this).
pagbsc
Slight Inkling

« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2008, 13:39:00 »

You do know, now that I have played this, that I am going to have to take a trip to Spirit Games to get one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: