Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
27 April 2024, 22:28:41 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
It`s a Bypass, you`ve got to build bypasses - Mister Prosser
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Sky  (Read 14322 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 13 March 2012, 10:19:44 »

Iron Sky

Confirmed Theatrical Release Dates
04.04.   Finland, Buena Vista International
           Norway, Euforia

05.04.    Germany, Polyband
            Switzerland, Polyband
            Austria, Polyband

05.04.    Iceland, Greenlight Films

18.04.    Sweden, Noble entertainment

19.04.    Denmark, Mis Label

20.04.    United Kingdom, Revolver

27.04.    Poland, Kino Świat

An independant Film production funded by Crowdfunding is being released this year, follow this link to demand it being shown at a cinema near you - Demand Iron Sky.

There is also going to be a game based on the film: Iron Sky: The Boardgame

The Story of Iron Sky
In the last moments of World War II, a secret Nazi space program evaded destruction by fleeing to the Dark Side of the Moon. During 70 years of utter secrecy, the Nazis construct a gigantic space fortress with a massive armada of flying saucers.

When American astronaut James Washington (Christopher Kirby) puts down his Lunar Lander a bit too close to the secret Nazi base, the Moon Führer (Udo Kier) decides the glorious moment of retaking the Earth has arrived sooner than expected. Washington claims the mission is just a publicity stunt for the President of the United States (Stephanie Paul), but what else could the man be but a scout for the imminent attack by Earth forces? The Fourth Reich must act!

Two Nazi officers, ruthless Klaus Adler (Götz Otto) and idealistic Renate Richter (Julia Dietze), travel to Earth to prepare the invasion. In the end when the Moon Nazi UFO armada darkens the skies, ready to strike at the unprepared Earth, every man, woman and nation alike, must re-evaluate their priorities.

About the Film
Iron Sky is a dark science fiction comedy directed by Timo Vuorensola and will feature musical score composed by Laibach. The film is produced by Blind Spot Pictures and Energia Productions in Finland, and co-produced by 27 Films in Germany and New Holland Pictures in Australia. Principal photography took place in Germany in November-December 2010 and in Australia in January-February 2011.

Iron Sky premieres at the Berlin International Film Festival in February and opens in theaters in April 2012 with Finland opening on 4th of April and Germany on the 5th of April. Other countries will follow soon after.

The primary language of the film is English.

Here is a trailer:

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2012, 13:48:24 »

errrrrrrrr mmmmmmm  sound be interesting, or very weird.

Is this based on something else??

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2012, 19:38:11 »

No, though there is a free and quite excellent little prequel-comic, and I believe they may be doing other comics eventually?
Delightfully nuts.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2012, 18:03:08 »

Where is the forum Squirl when we need it? it however looks amusing & I may get it on DVD at some point as I need more time & more cute blond than I have in hand at the moment before I go to the pictures again.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2012, 13:51:56 »

Iron Sky in the UK for one day only? Bollocks!

May 7, 2012 · Print This Article

The UK release of Iron Sky took a weird turn a week ago, when Revolver – our local distributor – suddenly released the new plans for their long-anticipated UK cinema release. To the amazement of many – including ourselves – their plan is to put Iron Sky in UK theaters for *just one day*, 23.5., and then never again.

I don’t think so.

See, when I started to work on Iron Sky, I wanted to make a cinematic experience, a film that works best when you sit in a dark room with 500 other people and watch, experience, laugh and enjoy as the epic story about the Moon Nazis unfolds in front of your eyes. Now, following the UK plan laid out by Revolver, the film is out in cinemas for only one day only (and that’s WEDNESDAY of all days).

I think this is an insult to us, the filmmakers who have been working with this film for six long years. We signed up with Revolver because we wanted to have a wide cinema release, and that’s what they promised us. But more than that, it’s an insult to all the fans, friends, followers, fan investors and everyone out there who’s been waiting all these years to see the Moon Nazi mayhem known as Iron Sky to hit the cinemas.

We’ve tried our best to turn Revolver’s head – without success so far – so now we turn to you for help.

If you feel as we do, that Iron Sky deserves a proper cinema release, make your voices heard. We’ve created a four-step plan for you to help us out to get a longer-lasting cinema release for Iron Sky in UK, and we’re hoping you’ll join the effort. Here’s what you need to do:

STEP 1: CONTACT Revolver Entertainment, and tell them what you think of their plans to release Iron Sky for just one day to cinemas in UK. Please email to info@revolvergroup.com.

STEP 2: LET THEM KNOW what you think also on their Facebook page – www.fb.com/ironskyuk – and on their Twitter feed – @ironskyuk

STEP 3: DEMAND to see Iron Sky in your local film theaters. Go to www.ironsky.net/demand and place your Demand.

STEP 4: SPREAD THE WORD and machinate your friends to join the campaign also. Share this link everywhere on the Internet; let’s make sure Revolver hears your voice.

Having said this, please remember – the best message is one that is polite, informed and intelligent. Don’t go shouting obscenities, as it won’t help anyone, but let them know very clearly why the one day cinema release is a bad idea and needs to be re-thought.

Yours truly,
 Director of Iron Sky
 Timo Vuorensola
 and
 the Iron Sky team
« Last Edit: 07 May 2012, 13:53:37 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2012, 15:08:26 »

Iron Sky team does not approve the UK release strategy

As some of you may already know, our UK distributor Revolver Entertainment decided to release Iron Sky for just one day in cinemas in the United Kingdom, and then never again. The film has been opening all across Europe during the last six weeks, with excellent results (nearly 850 000 cinema admissions so far!), but Revolver refuses to give it a proper run in UK theaters. What they are doing is basically stabbing us in the back.

Revolver misled us by assuring us a proper cinema release during the production, but came out suddenly and last minute with their new plan, the one-day-only release, and refused to listen to our arguments against it.

We even asked our fans to contact Revolver and let them know what they think of the plan, they received thousands of comments in just few days from people who want to see Iron Sky but even that wasn't enough for them to change their plans.

The fact that they are releasing Iron Sky for just one day (in the middle of the week) shows a great disrespect for us, the filmmakers, who have been slaving to make this film as cinematic - with big special effects, sounds and great action - as possible. It's also a major middle finger to the fans, followers and investors who have been following the production for years and now suddenly have only few hours to run to the theater, and then enjoy their quickly rushed DVD and Blu-Ray release. A release that will be missing all the material we've planned for it – documentaries, commentaries, artwork and whatever we've gathered during our six long years of production.

Thus, we, the filmmakers of Iron Sky, cannot support their one-day cinema release strategy and rushed DVD release.

We apologize to our fans for our bad judgement in choosing a company like Revolver to take care of the distribution in the UK. We also want thank everyone who have so far been supporting our efforts to change Revolver's mind by sending messages to their Facebook page, their email addresses and their Twitter accounts. We are humbled to see so many of you have stepped up and you deserve our greatest thanks.

But we're not giving up! The release date is getting close, but we will continue our efforts to get you a proper chance to see Iron Sky like it was meant to be seen - on the silver screen.  And once more we ask you, our fans, friends, followers, collaborators and investors – and all your friends to do whatever you can to try to turn Revolver's head.

Please send email, Facebook message, Tweet and even a darn post card to Revolver to let them know that you are not supporting their release strategy and demand a proper, longer cinema release period!

The Iron Sky Team:
Tero Kaukomaa, producer
Timo Vuorensola, director
Samuli Torssonen, VFX producer

Contact info for Revolver

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/revolverentertainment
Twitter: http://twitter.com/revolveruk & http://twitter.com/ironskyuk
Email: info@revolvergroup.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7243 4300
Mail:
Revolver Entertainment
48 & 49 Princes Place
Holland Park
London W11 4QA
United Kingdom

Regards,
Zarniwoop

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2012, 17:07:39 »

Done - email sent

I hope you join me on this one

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 17 May 2012, 17:13:33 by EvilGinger » Logged

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2012, 18:39:02 »

Iron Sky selling out screenings in the UK -
Revolver still refusing a proper cinema release

You may have been following Iron Sky’s UK release “plan”, which is to put it out to cinemas for only one day, and then rush out a DVD just few days later. We are not OK with this, and we’ve been trying to make them change their minds.

Revolver said that if the one-day release of Iron Sky is successful they will extend the theatrical run:

“Revolver is still in discussion with the exhibitors about extending the cinema run. Come out on the 23rd May, show your support, make IRON SKY day a huge success and lets keep the film playing on the big screen!”

But apparently, they have no intention on doing so.

Today we got an email from a owner of a legendary Prince Charles Cinema in London, who has been trying to book more showings from Revolver for Iron Sky without success. After already having sold out three screening, mind you. Here’s what he had to say:

“We have been amazed by the interest in Iron Sky, having sold out two performances in only a few days we ended up putting a third late evening screening on due to the fact we are only allowed to show the film for one day theatrically. It’s such a shame as we feel there is huge audience out there wanting to see the film on a Cinema screen. Hopefully we will be able to change the film distributors attitude and get them to allow us to screen the film for a run in the near future.”

So, Revolver is saying one thing and doing another. When confronted with this matter, they kept on claiming that if there is enough demand, they’ll keep the movie in the theaters for a longer time, but given the comments we’ve been hearing from theaters, they have no intention on doing so.

Because Revolver is not doing their job, we need to find another way. For this, it would be ideal to know directly the demand from the theaters. So, here’s a new assignment for those who want to help: contact your local film theater and ask them to extend the cinema release from Revolver, and if Revolver refuses, we would be happy to be informed of that.

The whole ridiculousness of the situation is making waves across the Internet. We’ve been following as thousands of tweets and comments on Twitter and Facebook are demanding Revolver to change their plans. Even UK’s leading film critic Mark Kermode from BBC has been wondering the situation:

“I’m astonished that in a world where Piranha 3DD was released on several screens around the country and everybody can go out and see it, Iron Sky is going to be released for one day and go straight to BluRay and DVD — it deserves more than that!”

Revolver, if you want anyone to believe you actually support our film, now is the time to step up and let the theaters who want to run Iron Sky longer than one day do so!

-The Iron Sky Team
« Last Edit: 20 May 2012, 18:48:44 by Zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2012, 19:55:48 »

Today I was browsing lovefilm and found they have a release date on DVD for the 28th May!

No wonder they can't be bothered with a cinema release.

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2012, 21:32:36 »

Even so it still needs at least a weeks cinematic release & I wouldn't buy a DVD unless I could get it from some one other than Revolver unless it does.

It looks like I am going to get this in from an other country, over the inter web.

EvilGinger

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2012, 23:29:57 »

This isn't a lack of support, this is clearly nothing more than a deliberate and pre-meditated attempt to bury the film.
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2012, 11:04:27 »

Today I was browsing lovefilm and found they have a release date on DVD for the 28th May!

No wonder they can't be bothered with a cinema release.

Yeah and the Filmakers have stated that that is also rushed and will not contain all of the extras they had planned for a full DVD/BluRay Release.

So yeah, Revolver Entertainment who proclaim "While a theatrical focus is key to Revolver's business" this whole things seems a token effort to get the business such a shame.

There was one guy on the tweets (@Knightyjr) saying we should all trust Revolvers judgment in this as they trust Revolver's History of release and Marketing, and that fans are deluded. Well I hope he never has a project royally screwed over by a supposed "supportive" company. As what is being done here is not marketing, there is little or nothing being done to promote this other than by the filmakers, they are not even covering the whole of the UK for this one-day release.

This is not distribution and marketing of a film but more like burial.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2012, 16:28:29 »

None of which means any thing once the marketing humanoid bipeds have got to work as we all know. I like the sound of this film I think I am going to order the DVD from overseas as I said, I dont ornately bother with films, as they have never been a passion of mine & I have far too much on most of the time nowadays, but this seems off the wall enough to entertain & I am also rather wanting to stick the finger up to Revolver metaphorically at least.

EvilGinger

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2012, 14:15:00 »

Latest News from the Iron Sky Website:

Iron Sky distributor bends due to huge fan demand – extends cinema run in the UK!

May 23, 2012 · Print This Article

We are happy to announce that finally, after a long fight, our UK distributor has agreed to change their plans, and Iron Sky will get an extended run in the cinemas.

And the thanks goes to all of you out there! You’ve made your voices heard, and your demands have been met. It’s great news for us, for Iron Sky, and especially for everyone who has been out there waiting for years for this film to reach the big screens.

More than that, this is a wonderful show of force of the people, and a great proof that having a big community backing you up makes you stronger when somebody is trying to walk over you.

Thanks again to you all, now go see Iron Sky in theaters in the UK starting 23.5., and grab a pint after that to celebrate the victory!

Iron Sky is playing in these theaters, starting today:

Prince Charles Cinema
    Stratford East Picturehouse
    Ritzy Brixton
    Curzon Wimbledon
    Hackney Picturehouse
    Showcase Bluewater
    Brighton, Duke of Yorks
    Tyneside Newcastle
    Exeter Picturehouse
    Fact Liverpool
    The Light, New Brighton
    Showcase Newham
    Showcase Dudley
    Showcase Reading
    Showcase Coventry
    Showcase Birmingham
    Electric Birmingham
    Showcase Nottingham
    Showcase Peterborough
    Hyde Park Picturehouse, Leeds
    Showcase Leeds
    Showcase Walsall
    Showcase Cardiff
    Showcase Manchester
    Manchester Cornerhouse
    Showcase Stockton
    Showcase Bristol De Lux
    Bristol Watershed
    Showcase Derby De Lux
    Showcase Leicester De Lux
    Showcase Liverpool
    Showcase Paisley
    Sheffield Showroom

Scotland:
    Cameo Edinburgh
    Belmont Aberdeen
    Showcase East Glasgow
    Dundee Contemporary Arts
    Eden Court Inverness

Ireland:
    QFT Belfast
    Cork Triskel

The film will continue to play on these cinemas as long as there’s demand from 25.5. onwards:

The Prince Charles Cinema, London
    Picturehouse Stratford East
    Picturehouse Belmont Aberdeen
    Picturehouse Exeter
    Duke of York’s, Brighton

Showcase Coventry (Evening Showings)
    Showcase Glasgow East (Evening Showings)
    Showcase Coventry (Evening and Late Night Showings)
    Showcase Cardiff Nantgarw (Late Night screenings)
    Showcase Derby De Lux (Late Night screenings)
    Showcase Leicester De Lux (Late Night screenings)

Best,

Timo Vuorensola
Director of Iron Sky

Tero Kaukomaa
Producer of Iron Sky

and the rest of the Iron Sky team!

Ps. Although Revolver has now agreed to extend the cinema run, they haven’t paid us.

They owe us a considerable sum of money – most of the Minimum Guarantee, which they should have paid already. We could prevent them from screening the film, but we won’t do that, because that wouldn’t be cool for the audience.

We wanted to let you know this because it’s an issue that’s bugging us, and we may need to act on it at one point, but so far we will hope they’ll respect their part of the agreement soon.

by admin 

Regards,
Zarniwoop

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2012, 15:50:05 »

Beer    Marvellous    Beer
 Wave Wave

I think I am going to have a trip to derby next week as it seems to be the nearest place that its running to Burton any one else want to come along?

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 24 May 2012, 16:01:09 by EvilGinger » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: