Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 April 2024, 08:03:39 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
It`s a Bypass, you`ve got to build bypasses - Mister Prosser
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tortuga  (Read 2202 times) Average Rating: 4
Arnu
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

« on: 30 May 2008, 13:13:12 »

Tortuga is a beautiful game not only in design but in the overall look and construction.

The games is simple and quick to play but highly enjoyable.  With practice players could end up playing quite strategically.

Tortuga is a game for two players (the simplicity of the game would suit younger players as well)

The object of the game is to get one of your eight turtles to the far side of the island to win the game.  A player may only move forward (never backwards).  Players may also jump over turtles (either friendly or opposing and Neutral - which are upturned turtles).  When you jump over an opposing turtles they becomes neutral (upturned), if you jump over neutral turtles they become either friendly or opposing turtles (jumping players choice).  Players may make multiple jumps in a single move but may never jump over a combination of friendly and opposing turtles but the jumps may include neutral turtles.

The construction and quality of the game is excellent.  I have the deluxe set which is packaged in a Bamboo tube (with turtle logos etched on to it) the board is made of cloth with wooden rods to keep at two end to keep the board from curling.  The sixteen turtles are kept neatly in a drawstring bag that fits neatly inside the rolled up board.  The turtle figures are fantastic to look at (especially with the designs painted on their backs).

As a nice touch Gigamic the company that make Tortuga has a ten year part replacement warranty so if you loose one of your turtles before 2017 you will be able to write to them for a replacement.

All in all I would recommend this to anyone and I'm glad that I have added this to my collection.

Andie
« Last Edit: 16 June 2008, 14:41:28 by zarniwoop » Logged
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2008, 14:43:33 »

I agree this is a beautiful game and it is easy to pick up but has enough depth that you develop strategies to try and best the other player.

It is highly addictive and you just want to play one more game to try and win.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: