Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 April 2024, 23:11:46 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. - Ford Prefect
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Film Review - Transformers 3 Dark Side of the Moon  (Read 1966 times)
CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« on: 26 March 2012, 12:47:28 »

The main problem with the Transformers movies has been it all about the SFX, they are very good etc however the plot of the story and errors in all the movies is a big letdown.

1 huge error is the Autobots go to the moon and land next to a complete lunar module not the landing stage (descent) of the a module.  I don’t remember the America’s leaving anyone on the moon!  Which donut checks these movies?  Maybe I found myself a new job!

The character Simmons is funny for the movie and Judy (Sam’s mum) is always good for a laugh with her conversations about ‘the bedroom’
Leonard Nimoy as Sentential Prime was funny for the dialogue as he quotes Spock with ‘The needs of many out way the needs of the few’ and the 2 small autobots Brians & Wheelie are watching Startek TOS and say ‘I’ve seen this episode Spock goes nuts!’ Laughing 6

Shockwave was correctly visualised which is surprising as so many of the Transformers have changed how they looked.
Interestingly I think this is the end of the movies, or they are getting ready for the Ultra Magnus and Galvatron story arc, as so many of the main characters got killed off.

Plot Spoiler: However this doesn’t make sense as Galvatron is Megatron rebuilt and Megatron is now dead, mmmmmmm

The big issue I have with the movies is, I remember the cartoons very well and enjoyed them lots, I know for reboots etc things change, but its lost so many things that made it great, even now the cartoons still rock and the original Transformers Movie with Unicron is amazing with a great story / plot and soundtrack, that’s the movie to watch!

Forgot to add, whoever wrote the script was playing too much Resistance Fall of man, as the last third of the movie in Chicago? was a direct rip with the flying ships etc.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2012, 10:26:52 by CrazyFrog » Logged

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: