Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 April 2024, 10:04:04 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
It`s a Bypass, you`ve got to build bypasses - Mister Prosser
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gloom  (Read 2011 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 05 April 2012, 14:13:13 »

This is a really "fun" game involving a very unique set of cards that are transparent with text and other items printed on them. The main aim is to make you family members as miserable as possible and then kill them off.
There are 3 kinds of cards:

Modifiers that either make a person more miserable (negative score) or make a person happier (positive score) these are either played on your own or other players families.
Events that have an effect on gamelplay, sometimes even bringing the dead back to life or preventing someone dying
Death These cards are used to kill of your characters.

Each modifier is stacked on top of your character and the current status is read by looking at the stack. As the cards are transparent some bits become covered over and others added which is a fantastic mechanic and very unique.

Some of the modifiers whilst having a negative score sometimes have additional features that can effect you like losing a turn or reducing your hand size.

Once someone has killed of all their family members the game ends and the person wih the mose negative score wins.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: